Sign in to follow this  
voiletvission

Making Your Own ''bling'' Tack

hey guys :) i have really been considering making my own tack lately due to the insane prices at where i live. i understand getting into something like this isnt cheap by any means but i think it would be fun to create something totally custom. so i guess being a total newbie at this, where do i start? im going to run out and buy a really cheap headstall and breastcollar, but what kind of tools should i be buying? where should i buy my hides at? (croc,stingray,etc) what about the gems and what not? ahhhh it seems kinda overwhelming hahaha. any tips are greatly appreciated :)

Somebody once told me, leatherwork is more addictive than crack and twice as expensive.

Are you talking about just buying an inexpensive head stall and blinging it out or making the entire thing yourself?

I have heard a lot of barrel racers have good luck with gliding those sewarkian (I can never spell or pronounce that word) with E6000 glue. that stuff is pretty tough.

I have got to figure out how to turn this autocorrect off of the kindle. I meant to say glueing not gliding. if you have a Tandy Leather Factory near you, that would be a great place to start. they have . lot of neat conchos and doo dads.

You can get more varieties and colors of Swarovski Crystals at Fire Mountain (and other great horse jewelry findings). The more you order the cheaper the price. So get with friends or family who like to be creative and save. They also have all kinds of how to directions.

http://www.firemount...ki.asp?navsrc=2

How to add them to leather"

http://www.ehow.com/...ls-leather.html

Edited by dondie