miaxdutch

What Can I Wear For A Schooling Show?

I am taking my 5 year old Dutch Warmblood Mia to her first show this weekend and it's a schooling show. I have done normal pointed hunter shows but never a schooling show. So can I just wear a polo shirt and my tan breeches with my tall boots? For Mia do I have to wear a hunter pad or can I just use my white all purpose pad?

I am only doing a flat class for Green Horses and I am so worried if I dress up in my jacket and my expensives stuff then I will look stupid next to all the other girls who have on polos. I just need some help before Saturday! :grin:

That would be fine for most of the schooling shows in my area but I would call the show organizer and ask what is typical for their shows. Or, just pack a a shirt and coat just in case.

That would be fine for most of the schooling shows in my area but I would call the show organizer and ask what is typical for their shows. Or, just pack a a shirt and coat just in case.

Okay thanks :)

Agreed, call and ask OR just show up with multiple options. For a schooling show a polo, breeches, and your boots should be fine, though. Just make sure you are dressed neatly--hair up and under your helmet, clean clothes, etc. For your horse, I'd consider going with your normal show pad. Just looks nicer, in my opinion.

For a schooling show, a polo is usually fine, but it is always a good idea to bring a ratcatcher and hunt coat just in case. some judges really appreciate if you wear your Sow attire because really shows professionalism. Try to look as neat and tidy as you can, even if you decide not to wear you coat.

I wear a real shirt always. And always have a jacket.

Weather a kingsland or similar, an oxford or a show shirt... If its casual I roll the sleeves up, if its formal I wear a jacket.

It's gotten me rides a few times because I was prepared for anything.

Also- give it some credit- show clothes, especially shirts are durable. I have one show shirt that I've had since 8th grade (ten years ago). It's still presentable as a fashion piece, although it's too small for showing in.

I rarely do schooling shows, but I usually wear my rat catcher/show shirt, TS Trophy Hunters Low Rise Side Zips, Ariat belt, and Ariat Monacos. I bring my hunt coat too, plus a white polo too. I usually show in a hunter pad but I've seen the square pads too. Just go shaped and you'll be fine. In Wellington, where I live, we wear either technical fabrics or short sleeves, so go conservative just in case.

I rarely do schooling shows, but I usually wear my rat catcher/show shirt, TS Trophy Hunters Low Rise Side Zips, Ariat belt, and Ariat Monacos. I bring my hunt coat too, plus a white polo too. I usually show in a hunter pad but I've seen the square pads too. Just go shaped and you'll be fine. In Wellington, where I live, we wear either technical fabrics or short sleeves, so go conservative just in case.

All those fancy horses and all that money and you show in Ariat boots?...

Figured a class act like you would have some customs...

hey! i LOVE ariats :rotf::rotf: . (actually i do :ashamed0002: ) but then i don't have a Hermes saddle either--wouldn't be caught dead in one. (ever seen their ad? horse in a saddle admiring himself in the mirror--puleeez. tells you what their market demographic collective IQ is if they buy into that.)

All those fancy horses and all that money and you show in Ariat boots?...

Figured a class act like you would have some customs...

I do for showing, but the Monacos are for schooling shows. I have a pair of Der Daus for shows, like REAL ones.

hey! i LOVE ariats :rotf::rotf: . (actually i do :ashamed0002: ) but then i don't have a Hermes saddle either--wouldn't be caught dead in one. (ever seen their ad? horse in a saddle admiring himself in the mirror--puleeez. tells you what their market demographic collective IQ is if they buy into that.)

For the second time we agree :') first on my new horse and now on Ariat. I actually do like them, it's a "moment" for me but I really do. My Der Daus are really nice but I still like my Monacos for schooling and schooling shows. Lol, the Hermès ad, makes me laugh too, is this a third agreement? I had an awesome ride today, on all 5 of the boys, maybe I'm in a good mood for once!

Wear the nicest things you have...make yourself presentable and make sure your HORSE shines! A judge will appreciate good horse care and turnout before they look at what clothes you are wearing :)

I love my ariats to! But they are also all I can afford..

I do for showing, but the Monacos are for schooling shows. I have a pair of Der Daus for shows, like REAL ones.

i have fake ones. (from china).

For the second time we agree :') first on my new horse and now on Ariat. I actually do like them, it's a "moment" for me but I really do. My Der Daus are really nice but I still like my Monacos for schooling and schooling shows. Lol, the Hermès ad, makes me laugh too, is this a third agreement? I had an awesome ride today, on all 5 of the boys, maybe I'm in a good mood for once!

I am shocked that you go to schooling shows.

I am shocked that you go to schooling shows.

I do. It's usually a warm up for show season or just something to do when I'm bored. I like to go and kick ***, they're always so easy.

I do. It's usually a warm up for show season or just something to do when I'm bored. I like to go and kick ***, they're always so easy.

That's why they're called schooling shows. They are for schooling, most people go to schooling shows to school, not win. Winning is an indication of a good run, nothing to write home about.