Sign in to follow this  
Alicia Schueler

Looking For A Companion For Our Donkey

Our large standard donkey needs a companion. He was in with our horse but the horse has mild navicular and cannot rough house with him anymore. Donkey is so lonely and I can only play with him so much, LOL! He is pouting and trying to cause trouble. I put an ad up looking for a Shetland pony or another standard donkey. We'll see.

"I'm bored"

HorsesJuly043.jpg

Why the long face?...hehehe...couldnt resist it!

If you were in IL id let you use my jack as a companion. Nobody wants to play with him either. :( poor guy. And my horse runs everytime he brays! HAHAHA! Silly Morgan.

Thank you. I have a few leads already. It would figure that this time of year there might be one in need of a new home. I took Donkeyotee for a walk with his pack saddle on to cheer him up yesterday. :smilie:

Edited by Little Cow

If you were closer to TN you could have all the donkeys you could want... for free. People are constantly giving them away here. I wouldn't mind having another, but Judas seems content with just my lazy girls.

It looks like a well-trained but not-messed-with-for-awhile older jenny is available. She is 22 and a BLM donkey. She packs well and rides a little. Smaller than our boy, but not by much. She should hold her own and teach him what is what rather quickly. She is up in North Carolina but it looks like a couple of BBs are going to bring her down at the end of February. Meanwhile, we are turning half of our hay barn into a donkey palace fit for two. Hmm, maybe I should call it the A** Castle? :happy0203:

Edited by Little Cow

GH, anyone can have one!

I am trying to think of good names for her to go with Donkeyotee, our donkey gelding. So far, it's Lady Asster. A friend came up with Lady Assmerelda. I thought that one was pretty good. I'm going to have fun with the wall in front of the barn and paint a windmill, a dragon and a donkey knight on it, LOL!

Edited by Little Cow