Sign in to follow this  
luvallbreeds

Super's Latest Prank

Okay you can laugh :rotf: but I did not find it funny when I had to get hoses out last night when it is 19' degrees out. :mad:

I had hung some horse blankets up on the fence line so I could blanket a few of the horses for the evening and had planned to proceed around thru the gate to do so. When I had my back turned Super came up pulled two blankets down and promptly pee'd on them :rolleye0014: ugh! that is a teenage boy for ya'. I had to hose the blankets off the best I could for the night, they are drying in the sun today.

Does he have his very own blankie? Was he trying to mark them as his or was he commenting on horses that need blankets?

I sometimes still don't get mule humor!!

Yes he has his own blankets but his repeated efforts at ripping it off, I came to the conclusion that he doesn't need a blanket any more he can just go to his stall in severe weather from now on. The blanket he pee'd on the most did belong to my new mare, so he could have been have been saying "TAKE THAT!" as they do not get along, He tries to bully her and she does not put up with him.

Mules are so opinionated. Strong mares are good for them.

Super is very humbled as he lives in a herd of all women and one Arabian gelding who fancies himself so much he acts more like a mare and the mares certainly don't consider him a gelding.

I feel sorry for Super sometimes as he has no one to play with, he does run the fence line and reach over and chew on the neighbors big TB gelding. I have got my hubby talked into a donkey once the two 30+ old mares pass on. :happy0203: :happy0203:

How fun! I am getting very fond of donkeys now. We had a stray show up several months ago and nobody has claimed him. He is adorable and very sweet but not trained beyond leading and leading. He may get some driving training this summer.

Dumping equines is almost as common for us dumping dogs and cats. At least this little guy was dumped before he became a nag of bones. My film is planning on training him to drive but the little dude has bonded to me so it may be my project.

He seems to be doing well in the herd at least.