MiSSxZURi

Pregnancy/labor/delivery!

Just for fun I asked my so if he noticed any difference from before I first was pregnant and he thinks (and enjoys) that I seem stronger now ;-)

Interesting, mine seems to think so, too! :winking: But they don't know what they are talking about, OBviously.

And supposedly, that's one of our health professionals. Is it any wonder there are problems?

Not really.

I think I will choose to believe health care professionals who have researched the very issue and found what I said to be true.

You really think, any SMART man on the face of the Earth would admit that their signifcant other may have become more loose with a vaginal delivery? I don't know of any smart man on the face of the Earth that would admit that.

It is not a bad thing. If people want to make that sacrifice, than so be it. Good for you. Just do not rag on about others who choose to have a c-section because of it.

Well I was both an elective c-section and medically necessary c-section all on the same pregnancy. I elected to have a c-section in fact i begged for one throughout my whole pregnancy. I had everything that was wrong go wrong. I was told I was going to pop her out at 18 weeks. I had Hypermesis Gravidarum which i threw up every day till the day she came out. I had Preeclampsia and also had Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid) by the time I was 34 weeks I wanted her out. I was considered high risk pregnancy. My older but younger sister couldn't pass a baby naturally she was an emergency c-section. My oldest sister did have hers naturally and she tore. From what I heard from her that is absolutely torturous. When i went in at 36 week ultrasound checkup they noticed i was really low on the amniotic fluid. I was scheduled to be induced that Thursday. I lived 2 hours away from the hospital where I was to deliver her and so I was called in as soon as i got home saying they needed me in the next day which was Wednesday. I signed in got induce that night and had my water broke at around 8 am that morning. That was beyond the most painful thing i ever experienced in my life. I wasnt dialated effaced or anything. When they broke my water nothing came out but blood. I immediatly opted for the epidural and all was fine after that. At around 4 i hadnt got past a 4 in dialation. The dr was worried because her heart monitor kept dropping and rising with every contraction. So I was immediatly taken in for a C-section which mind you me i loved the idea! And as for the recovery by the next day I was up and walking around. The nurses where definantly surprised at how I was doing. I had to stay in the 72 hours after to make sure everything was good then I was allowed to go home.

But as for my opinion I think to each her own. If they want to have a c-section let em. Its nobody elses say in what someone wants to do for their birthing plan. If they want a c-section and the dr agrees then that may be whats best in their case. If whomever wants to have their baby naturally all the more power to them. Either way a precious life is coming into this world. How they get here im sure nobody cares as soon as they have those beautiful little eyes and precious hands and toes wrapped around them.

And i didnt want a c-section because i wanted the "biscuit" lol to look the same. Who would care anyways thats my husbands and if he liked it before he better darn well like it afterwards .

I think I will choose to believe health care professionals who have researched the very issue and found what I said to be true.

You really think, any SMART man on the face of the Earth would admit that their signifcant other may have become more loose with a vaginal delivery? I don't know of any smart man on the face of the Earth that would admit that.

It is not a bad thing. If people want to make that sacrifice, than so be it. Good for you. Just do not rag on about others who choose to have a c-section because of it.

hehehe... you sound like a three year old who has just been proven wrong but still refuses to admit it..

yes, my MAN (emphesis on MAN, because that is what he is... not some little boy who thinks he has to say nice little white lies to me in order to get to sleep in his own bed at night... we communicate really well because we have had problems earlier and learned from them) would say so if he felt in any way that my vagina was looser than before. (he might even think it was a bit funny to say so....)

fact is that before pregnancy, i didnt really think about those muscles all that much. while pregnant and after birth i was so much more aware of their existance and therefore do my exercises every day, resulting in a vagina i am sure could crack nuts if i wanted to...

seriously... why do you not post some links to all these experts who tell you that your vagina will act like a grocery bag after birth? because all the links i can find on a simple google search say that "yes, the vagina stretches and the more excersises you do the more it will tighten afterwards... all the way back to normal with time)

Oh my word!!! The "Biscuit" comment!!

I will never look at one of those again and not be able to

keep myself from laughing!

Aggie, I just had to take some pain meds because of that comment! LOL

But as for my opinion I think to each her own. If they want to have a c-section let em. Its nobody elses say in what someone wants to do for their birthing plan.

Of course! I still think that women should be better educated as to the risks of interventions, and should know there are viable options to laboring other than being strapped to a bed on your back by a fetal monitor. This thread is way, way, way more about the education of expecting women than about which way they decide to deliver when they even get a decision.

Edited because I was too quick on the draw:

Your baby, Aggie, is beautiful, and you are a good mama doing what you need to do for her medical situations and looking out for her best interest.

Edited by Greenhaven

I see no difference in a woman scheduling a c-section for her convenience and the Doctor scheduling one so he can go golfing later that day..... a womwn is the master of her own domain, or, at least, she should be.

blondy? you never cease to amaze me, I really find it hard to believe you belong in the profession in which you have chosen, I'm going to put you in the same category in which I have placed my SIL, who is an RN...the catergory I have titled.." People who have no business being the the health care field, but, for some reason, feel they should be"....you both view people in pretty much the same way...with disdain.

As for the reason you joined HC? It's because you've been banned from every other BB.

Most of my information comes from working around doctors and nurses everyday, as well as reading medical journals..but since you need to see something in print.

"Your vagina will probably not return completely to its pre-birth shape, but this shouldn’t be a problem. If you’re worried, talk to your health visitor or GP."

and your point is? and why are you posting a link to an nhs website--that's ENGLAND? the women posting here live in america.

since neither you nor i have ever given birth and gone through all that is involved, i find it wierd and beyond arrogant to do anything more than ask questions.

please don't go sounding off about of being a "health care professional"--you're not there YET from what you've posted. i also find some of your posts downright worrisome, particularly since you've said you're planning to go into geriatric nursing care.

(not you stars :lol: )

Edited by nick

and your point is? and why are you posting a link to an nhs website--that's ENGLAND? the women posting here live in america.

since neither you nor i have ever given birth and gone through all that is involved, i find it wierd and beyond arrogant to do anything more than ask questions.

please don't go sounding off about of being a "health care professional"--you're not there YET from what you've posted. i also find some of your posts downright worrisome, particularly since you've said you're planning to go into geriatric nursing care.

Geriatric? A person who thinks it's painless to starve to death, taking care of the aged? Heaven help them.

I seen that Blondyy has worked in the hospital for 6 years? Is she in fact a nurse? I thought she was "training" to be one.

It only takes two years to become an RN, if you wanted to specialize, it would take longer....but, I do think I remember her saying she was WORKING on becomming a nurse...hadn't even taken any prereqs yet, I thought....she's probably just a nurse's aide.

Please show me where I said geriatric nursing? Pretty sure I've never said geriatric.

And I was unaware that "american" vaginas bounce back better than England vaginas. 0.0 ... I already knew the answer...I simply did a quick Google search for the person that was asking about to see something in print. If she wants to dig further, she is more than capable to do on her own I am sure.

Edited by Blondyy

Geriatric? A person who thinks it's painless to starve to death, taking care of the aged? Heaven help them.

And what is your point? Just because I believe, what a medical journal and medical experts say, about starving to death to be a painless experience and sometimes euphoric, that I would be a bad nurse or something?

Sorry to break it to ya, but it happens everyday in a hospital, often times, WITHOUT pain meds. Supportive care is given, such as changing diapers IF needed, and putting lip balm on lips to keep them from drying and cracking, but pain meds do not always accompany pulling food and liquids. The pain meds are more or less for the family's well being when they are given- but again, they aren't always given.

I also think drowning is a relatively painless way to go- but I certainly wouldn't want anyone to drown for the sake of drowning.

I guess I am not getting what you are trying to insinuate.

Yes in the states it's only a 2 year program to get your RN status. Here in Canada it's 4 years minimum!

I am what you call an RCW ( Resident Care Worker ) not sure what it is called in the US...but I can

work in manor's, hospitals etc etc..only making 1.50 less than the LPN's haha!

So Blondyy chose to Google something to put it here, instead of from her "training"

Yes in the states it's only a 2 year program to get your RN status. Here in Canada it's 4 years minimum!

I am what you call an RCW ( Resident Care Worker ) not sure what it is called in the US...but I can

work in manor's, hospitals etc etc..only making 1.50 less than the LPN's haha!

So Blondyy chose to Google something to put it here, instead of from her "training"

You do not read well for comprehnsion do you? I shared what I have learned through my working experience and readng medical journals. ANOTHER poster, I think it was Smokum, asked for a printed source on the internet where she could read that birthing DOES damage vaginas and they are never whole as before pregnancy/birthing. THAT is why I gave her a Googled source.

If she wants to read it in medical journals, they are available but I can't just magically make them appear in her lap.

Edited by Blondyy

No but you can name the Book/journal who's it written by etc etc..and we can go to a library or something similar

and read it for ourselves. After all most nursing students that "I" know of..have TONS of books around from their

schooling/teaching.

Not something from Google, which anyone can do.

Obviously :rolleye0014:

And what is your point? Just because I believe, what a medical journal and medical experts say, about starving to death to be a painless experience and sometimes euphoric, that I would be a bad nurse or something?

Sorry to break it to ya, but it happens everyday in a hospital, often times, WITHOUT pain meds. Supportive care is given, such as changing diapers IF needed, and putting lip balm on lips to keep them from drying and cracking, but pain meds do not always accompany pulling food and liquids. The pain meds are more or less for the family's well being when they are given- but again, they aren't always given.

I also think drowning is a relatively painless way to go- but I certainly wouldn't want anyone to drown for the sake of drowning.

I guess I am not getting what you are trying to insinuate.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I'm coming right out and saying it, I believe, you have no business anywhere near the medical profession, based on comments you've made.

Once all of your major organs cease to function, due to total starvation, once the PAIN subsides, due to impending death and, your system shutting down, I suppose person in that sitution would feel a sense of euphoria......because the PAIN is now over and they can DIE...finally.

But, GETTING to that point, is, most definately, painful.

Have you seen pictures of starving children in impovrished countries? Do they LOOK to you as though they are at peace?

Maybe someday, you'll get to experience that euphoria, for yourself.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I'm coming right out and saying it, I believe, you have no business anywhere near the medical profession, based on comments you've made.

Once all of your major organs cease to function, due to total starvation, once the PAIN subsides, due to impending death and, your system shutting down, I suppose person in that sitution would feel a sense of euphoria......because the PAIN is now over and they can DIE...finally.

But, GETTING to that point, is, most definately, painful.

Have you seen pictures of starving children in impovrished countries? Do they LOOK to you as though they are at peace?

Maybe someday, you'll get to experience that euphoria, for yourself.

Well, I guess I am just the most horrible person ever and I shouldn't be in the medical field?? You are ridiculous.

Here are EXPERTS who confirm what I am saying and the second link, links to an internet discussion about people who suffer from anorexia and can attest to the euphoria feeling.

Also, in regards to the starving children in third world countries, they don't starve- because essentially, they get food, but very little food. When you get just very little (not enough food) your body wil crave it and of course, you will feel hunger pangs. BUT, according to medical researchers in the medical field, after 24 hours of NO food at all, the hunger pangs begin to stop and that is when the euphoria feeling sets in.

Also, in regards to the starving children in third world countries, they don't starve- because essentially, they get food, but very little food. When you get just very little (not enough food) your body wil crave it and of course, you will feel hunger pangs. BUT, according to medical researchers in the medical field, after 24 hours of NO food at all, the hunger pangs begin to stop and that is when the euphoria feeling sets in.

You are so full of it. Hunger pangs stop after 24 hours? I've fasted, for medical procedures and I'm here to tell ya, after 24 hours those hunger pangs just get more intense.

Starving is starving, whether you get NO food or just a LITTLE food...every bone in your body STILL shows, you STILL look like a skeleton and you STILL experience PAIN as your organs fail, one byone and your body eats itself from the inside to try and sustain itself.

Now, I will follow some other's lead and hit my ignore button...you are not worth replying to and you're certainly not worth reading.

Notice how I used YOU'RE in that context....something you have obviously not learned at ANY level of your schooling.

Now I said I wasn't posting on HC anymore unless asked but...

HAVE you almost starved to death? Has anyone here done so?

I have.

Euphoric...you make me sick. Really.

As for the vagina returning to tightness, HAVE you had children vaginally and experienced the aftermath?

I have. AND like you I identify as Childfree. LIKE YOU I have a lot of disdain for things regarding children. Although the hardcore CFs, who you no doubt hang around with, would disdain that label for me because I HAVE experienced childbirth.

I believe that anyone can have an opinion on things, even things they haven't experienced, but you, my dear, take your opinion and try to shove it upon others as facts.

I find it hard to believe that people continue to respond to you - to me it's quite obvious you are a troll, a skilled one to be sure. I actually salute you in your skill to work up as many people as possible in a short amount of time. People continue to fall into your trap. Myself included, it seems.

Many people call for your banning, and while that would satisfy them for a time, it wouldn't be long until people were complaining about being bored, I suppose.

However - you might want to do some research of your own before spouting off. Deprive yourself of food for just *one week* and come back and tell me how euphoric it was for you.

You do not read well for comprehnsion do you? I shared what I have learned through my working experience and readng medical journals. ANOTHER poster, I think it was Smokum, asked for a printed source on the internet where she could read that birthing DOES damage vaginas and they are never whole as before pregnancy/birthing. THAT is why I gave her a Googled source.

If she wants to read it in medical journals, they are available but I can't just magically make them appear in her lap.

I did??? :confused:

Most of my information comes from working around doctors and nurses everyday, as well as reading medical journals..but since you need to see something in print.

"Your vagina will probably not return completely to its pre-birth shape, but this shouldn?t be a problem. If you?re worried, talk to your health visitor or GP."

Doesnt say "will not" now does it?

And there are tonns of experts, studies, articles out there saying that a bit of work puts you back in shape....

But then, I'd expect noting but denial and foot stomping from somone who believes that man hunted t-rex to extinction. ...

Doesnt say "will not" now does it?

And there are tonns of experts, studies, articles out there saying that a bit of work puts you back in shape....

But then, I'd expect noting but denial and foot stomping from somone who believes that man hunted t-rex to extinction. ...

I never said man hunted t-rex to extinction. Modern scientists say man did not exist in dinosaur times, but the drawings on the walls of caves that date back to the day of the dinosaur, say differently.

Now I said I wasn't posting on HC anymore unless asked but...

HAVE you almost starved to death? Has anyone here done so?

I have.

Euphoric...you make me sick. Really.

As for the vagina returning to tightness, HAVE you had children vaginally and experienced the aftermath?

I have. AND like you I identify as Childfree. LIKE YOU I have a lot of disdain for things regarding children. Although the hardcore CFs, who you no doubt hang around with, would disdain that label for me because I HAVE experienced childbirth.

I believe that anyone can have an opinion on things, even things they haven't experienced, but you, my dear, take your opinion and try to shove it upon others as facts.

I find it hard to believe that people continue to respond to you - to me it's quite obvious you are a troll, a skilled one to be sure. I actually salute you in your skill to work up as many people as possible in a short amount of time. People continue to fall into your trap. Myself included, it seems.

Many people call for your banning, and while that would satisfy them for a time, it wouldn't be long until people were complaining about being bored, I suppose.

However - you might want to do some research of your own before spouting off. Deprive yourself of food for just *one week* and come back and tell me how euphoric it was for you.

The things that I present as fact, I also back up with links to highly respected individuals in the medical field, who have STUDIED the act of dying. Who have studied the act of childbirth. Who have opened people up, who have studied the body.

Pretty sure they know more about it than someone who simply went on a fast for 24 hours.

Talk to people who are anorexic who haven't eaten in DAYS. Do you see them balled up in a floor, crying from the pain? NO.

If you want to call me names because you do not agree with the things I agree with, then fine. Whatever floats your boat. But I have highly respected/regarded scientists/medical doctors that prove your opinions wrong.

Please show me where I said geriatric nursing? Pretty sure I've never said geriatric.

And I was unaware that "american" vaginas bounce back better than England vaginas. 0.0 ... I already knew the answer...I simply did a quick Google search for the person that was asking about to see something in print. If she wants to dig further, she is more than capable to do on her own I am sure.

you're kind of on the edge for reporting (just for me). and yes, you've posted many times that you are training for geriatric nursing. hope your mama knows.

i am SO NOT going to to look up your posts for that purpose. why should i! good night:

Nothing that I have said has been any sort of personal attack, or anything that I could be reported for.

Once again, I presented valid information from respected people in the medical field for my "opinions."

Excuse me. Did I say I "fasted"?

No. I almost starved to death as a child.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I know more about it than someone who hasn't experienced it.

Learn some reading comprehension.