MiSSxZURi

Pregnancy/labor/delivery!

Excuse me. Did I say I "fasted"?

No. I almost starved to death as a child.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I know more about it than someone who hasn't experienced it.

Learn some reading comprehension.

I'll stick with the medical doctors and medical researchers thanks.

did they get their educations out of a freaking crackerjack box blondy? because there are times i think yours came from the same place, or just google..

what exactly do you do for work in the hospitals? janitor, cna, laundry.. whats your skill base to base your assumptions on? for someone thats never had a child, you seem to have alot of self proclaimed "experience".

eta: i apparently cant spell today.. lol..

Edited by equi-librium

Saying starving to death isn't painful bc anorexic ppl do it is like saying cutting yourself really isn't painful bc ppl with a cutting disorder do it........

Saying starving to death isn't painful bc anorexic ppl do it is like saying cutting yourself really isn't painful bc ppl with a cutting disorder do it........

I never said anorexic people starve themselves because it doesn't hurt. I am just saying that an anorexic person, if they do not eat for days on end, can typically tell you whether it is a painful experience or not.

Equilibrium- no. If you care to research the doctors in the article, they come from HOSPICE..and from some very nice schools...so no, no crack pot education for them.

Considering I've been with patients who were on their way out, yet could talk and express themselves, there has never been a time that the patient was in pain due to the starvation/dehydration method.

so·ci·o·path

[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-]

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

dictionary.reference.com

in·tol·er·ance

[in-tol-er-uhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngns] Show IPA

noun

lack of toleration; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds, etc.

http://dictionary.re...wse/intolerance

While I know some on here refuse to accept certain things, even though it is a medical fact given by very respected medical professionals in the industry....Greenhaven, if a psychiatrist cannot make a diagnosis online, I am sure you probably cannot either sweetie.

:winking:

Edited by Blondyy

We disagreed on things. People presented their side of their story along with their facts and I presented my side of the story with my facts.

People didn't like hearing what I had to say- and had to resort to name calling.

And I'M the one that should be banned?! Grow up.

If you cannot accept other people's opinions, even when they present scientific/medicial EVIDENCE, then say I don't believe that and be done with it. There is no reason to resort to name calling simply because you disagree with the things that I believe in.

Some of you people really make me 0.o because the very ones that are doing this, are older and one would think, would act accordingly.

your opinion and "scientific fact" is engraved in my signature... if man was eaten by dinosaurs, where did they go?

Nothing that I have said has been any sort of personal attack, or anything that I could be reported for.

Once again, I presented valid information from respected people in the medical field for my "opinions."

you called the women of this board cows and their children slippery spawns.... if that isnt name calling i dont know what is!

and your statement about man and dinosaurs is engraved in my signature... to me that opinion alone lessens the impact of all other "scientific fact" you present... how am i supposed to take you seriously when you base your belief in the earth being 6000 years old on a single cave painting? sorry, but you lost all credabillity right there.

there are etchings, wood carvings and rock carvings from the viking age depicting a giant snake that encircles the earth, a tree that grows from **** to heaven, a horse with eight legs, a boar the size of a house and a wolf that could swallow that boar whole......

i guess it must all be true?

I never said anorexic people starve themselves because it doesn't hurt. I am just saying that an anorexic person, if they do not eat for days on end, can typically tell you whether it is a painful experience or not.

Equilibrium- no. If you care to research the doctors in the article, they come from HOSPICE..and from some very nice schools...so no, no crack pot education for them.

Considering I've been with patients who were on their way out, yet could talk and express themselves, there has never been a time that the patient was in pain due to the starvation/dehydration method.

I'm not sure where you've worked, but I've been a nurses aid for five years before I went back to a preschool and I've seen many many people die while on "comfort care" and it's not painless. And its not euphoric in any way, it astounds me that you could even think that.....

your opinion and "scientific fact" is engraved in my signature... if man was eaten by dinosaurs, where did they go?

you called the women of this board cows and their children slippery spawns.... if that isnt name calling i dont know what is!

and your statement about man and dinosaurs is engraved in my signature... to me that opinion alone lessens the impact of all other "scientific fact" you present... how am i supposed to take you seriously when you base your belief in the earth being 6000 years old on a single cave painting? sorry, but you lost all credabillity right there.

there are etchings, wood carvings and rock carvings from the viking age depicting a giant snake that encircles the earth, a tree that grows from **** to heaven, a horse with eight legs, a boar the size of a house and a wolf that could swallow that boar whole......

i guess it must all be true?

Well, if you choose not to believe ME- that is all well and good. But I did not write, nor give advice to the article that was written. Dr. Perry G. Fine, vice president of medical affairs at the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in Arlington, Va. DID. You know...the people who are with dying patients day in and day out and receive a lot of the starvation/dehydration patients.

Not only that, but the 1993 study was done by Dr. Sullivan of DUKE UNIVERSITY. Duke University is a highly respected medical center- and would not allow the doctor to post such nonsense without it being true.

Over the next 40 days in 1993, Dr. Robert Sullivan of Duke University Medical Center observed her gradual decline, providing one of the most detailed clinical accounts of starvation and dehydration.

Instead of feeling pain, the patient experienced the characteristic sense of euphoria that accompanies a complete lack of food and water. She was cogent for weeks, chatting with her caregivers in the nursing home and writing letters to family and friends. As her organs finally failed, she slipped painlessly into a coma and died.

So while yes, if you don't want to believe me and take my word on things, that is fine. I am simply a person on the internet. But to argue with medical doctors/scientists who are with these types of patients, day in and day out, well, that is just silly.

FYI....if everyone were to ignore a certain someone, she'd have no one to ittitate...you'd feel a lot better, too!

FYI....if everyone were to ignore a certain someone, she'd have no one to ittitate...you'd feel a lot better, too!

I have activated my block feature..but you know how those dratted quotes break through, lol! The response to Epona pushed me over the edge.

I will not quote, out of understanding, but I will say, blondy, that there are other experts who say other things and views.

You appear to ALWAYS choose the expert with the most provocative view as truth sayer. So automatically I look to other experts. .. basically, you're hurting their business. ..

I will not quote, out of understanding, but I will say, blondy, that there are other experts who say other things and views.

You appear to ALWAYS choose the expert with the most provocative view as truth sayer. So automatically I look to other experts. .. basically, you're hurting their business. ..

:rotf:

I will not quote, out of understanding,

Oh, you hold no fault, skjotta, you do what you need to do...the rest is my problem, and I will get over it. ;o)

Farah hunny...let it go. That battle will not get anywhere. You are too sweet and don't need to be in that playpen.

If the admins can't or won't handle it...then ignoring it is the only real true thing we have power over. :huggy:

Sometimes I just can't help myself! It's like looking at the car accident as you drive by it... :rotf:

Sometimes I just can't help myself! It's like looking at the car accident as you drive by it... :rotf:

And driving around the block for a second look when its the 358th wreck created by the same source. Again.

I sure wish the ignore button included quoted material. Sigh.

And that's your right. Just like it is my right to believe who I want to.

I do not blindly believe this person- I have been there, done that, been with patients who are in this certain predicament thus, why I choose to believe the way I do.

To be called names and a sociopath because I choose to believe that way, when others in the field also believe that way, is ridiculous.

As I have already said, I did apologize for calling other people names in this thread- I became a little agitated because it seemed like people were "ganging up" on health care workers, so for me, it became a bit personal. I did however, apologize for being an immature twit. Wish others could refrain from going into attack mode/name calling mode simply because someone else has a different opinion. Sure would be nice, but I do not see that happening. They do not see that THEY ARE THE ONES that cause the problems so they just block instead of dealing with their own issues that need to be dealt with.

For the most part, I present my views/opinions and in general, back it with evidence. It is when people get mad or upset about what I believe in that the thread usually turns nasty and resorts to name calling.

But everyone needs a scapegoat. Such is life.

Go on blocking and when you (collective you, not aimed at you skjotta) come upon someone else who has a different view of things, go ahead with the name calling- as you usually do.

Tokengirl is another good example of this. The M.J. thread... she simply believes that a pop star is alive and look at all the mean things she has been called. You people really got issues within yourselves that you should get looked into.

Edited by Blondyy

Sooooo..... you're a cow.

So sorry i called you a cow. That was bad of me...

Oh believe me...that cow comment does not even touch on the number of times I have been called a name- AND NEVER received an apology- all because I simply choose to believe the way I believe.

If you know anything about science you would know that an observation of ONE is basically worthless. Nice story, but proves nothing. And yet Epona's personal account you threw aside?

Oh believe me...that cow comment does not even touch on the number of times I have been called a name- AND NEVER received an apology- all because I simply choose to believe the way I believe.

see was raised believing that two wrongs do not make one right. i have not called you any names, yet you keep generalising your "justified" name calling. it is not the first time you do it and it will not be the last, so by your standards i have been called names by you again and again and again....

besides... i said i was sorry, so all is well.

like i said, like a 3 year old." they did it first so now i get to do it to!!! and if i say i am sorry afterwards, i can do as i please, because that erases everything afterwards anyway....."

If you know anything about science you would know that an observation of ONE is basically worthless. Nice story, but proves nothing. And yet Epona's personal account you threw aside?

This is what I was going to point out, too. It is a limited study following ONE patient.

I believe some patients can be pain-free and euphoric during the immediate time leading to death but I cannot believe the majority are pain-free and/or euphoric for the entire duration of the process because every person is an individual unto themselves and handles different stimuli differently.

Sorry, I just don't believe 'dying of starvation is painless and euphoric' can encompass all patient experiences of such and be a true statement.

So...I've been following along, trying to stay out of the messy part of things, although I LOVE birth stories! But I got to wondering... Blondyy has said in the past that she is in nursing school, I believe. So at most, she may have a CNA or like certificate. I am wondering how on earth she has had the opportunity to spend so much time with patients dying of various disease processes. I work in a pretty big hospital where we don't even employ LPN's and the only thing a "CNA" type employee does is vitals and potty duty.

I would assert that if the majority of your experience has been at a nursing home, you have seen only a tiny sliver of end-of-life situations.

I'm not trying to be jerky here - this would be a really good opportunity for you to maybe explain from whence you derive your expertise, thereby possibly lending more credence to your assertions.

Oh my word!!! The "Biscuit" comment!!

I will never look at one of those again and not be able to

keep myself from laughing!

Aggie, I just had to take some pain meds because of that comment! LOL

LOL i havent been able to either since Honey Boo Boo came on at my sisters house. They were referring to their hoo ha's as Biscuits. So sad too cause I like me some buttered biscuits. Got a different view on them now lol.

Of course! I still think that women should be better educated as to the risks of interventions, and should know there are viable options to laboring other thann being strapped to a bed on your back by a fetal monitor. This thread is way, way, way more about the education of expecting women than about which way they decide to deliver when they even get a decision.

Edited because I was too quick on the draw:

Your baby, Aggie, is beautiful, and you are a good mama doing what you need to do for her medical situations and looking out for her best interest.

Ah..I totally misunderstood. My apologies. Trying to read this thread has been somewhat of a roller coaster. For a minute there i thought i read that c-sections where the same as abortions. O_o And thank you shes hating all these harnesses very hard to see her go through this. Although Ive been told by many family members i need to get my tubes tied because i dont need to have any more kids im not made for it that bringing kids into this world is not a good idea. But thats a different subject i suppose. I always sometimes do wonder if her hip came from when they where pulling her out feet first at the c-section. She had been head down and ready to come out naturally but couldnt get through.

Although Ive been told by many family members i need to get my tubes tied because i dont need to have any more kids im not made for it that bringing kids into this world is not a good idea. But thats a different subject i suppose. I always sometimes do wonder if her hip came from when they where pulling her out feet first at the c-section. She had been head down and ready to come out naturally but couldn't get through.

Shame on those people for telling you such things, as if your child's life is somehow less worthy than one born without issues. That makes me so, so sad....

As for clearing up misunderstandings, it is ALL good. I would rather someone asked for clarification than assume the worst and get all upset about nothing.

see was raised believing that two wrongs do not make one right. i have not called you any names, yet you keep generalising your "justified" name calling. it is not the first time you do it and it will not be the last, so by your standards i have been called names by you again and again and again....

besides... i said i was sorry, so all is well.

like i said, like a 3 year old." they did it first so now i get to do it to!!! and if i say i am sorry afterwards, i can do as i please, because that erases everything afterwards anyway....."

Skjotta...no...I quoted you because at the beginning of my post, I was referring to what you had said. But no, you have not called me any names or belittled me in anyway- so the rest of the post was not in regards to you. I am talking about the several others who seem to get off on belittling myself, and others, simply because of what we choose to believe.

To be perfectly honest, if say, Tokengirl and I are such crazy nut bags, why do you (again, to the people that do it) feel the need to give two craps what we believe? If you don't like it or believe it and have nothing PRODUCTIVE to add to the conversation, than move on.

For what it's worth, there is not just ONE STUDY out there, there are several different studies, using several different people. This doctor is from HOSPICE..you know, where people are sent to die, where many of these people are taken off fluids/food, without pain meds. If anyone is an expert on it, this guy would be.

I also have personal experience, with working in the hospital, and not just with one patient, but with several patients in the same senario.

People don't really "starve" to death...their bodies start shutting down from lack of fluids. They dehydrate and die from lack of fluids...not really starve to death.

The doctor makes some very good points about how the body knows what is going on...we are built and are prepared to die this way as mammals...because back in the day, we weren't guaranteed food/liquids. It is nice that our bodies are built in such a way that it doesn't allow for extreme suffering.

BUT, if any of you think it is torture, than ya better get lawsuits ready to go because legally, it can and does happen, many times, every day, throughout the United States in hospitals.