Sign in to follow this  
sycamore124

So Proud Of My Little Herd

Today decided to brush out Amigo.... he was not too wild about the idea … he still does not completely trust me...( he is coming along though )... and before I knew it...my other 3 horses hemmed him in.. Bucky was standing sideways in front of him, Lex was on his off side, and Ali was to his rear keeping him from backing up... ( Honey Bunn wanted no parts of it ! ! !)

Of course they all had their moments getting brushed as well after I was done with Amigo... just thought is was neat that they helped me out...

Later I was cutting down some trees in the other pasture... when the tree fell, and crashed to the ground Ali whinnied and nickered to me...kinda like “ Mom are you okay ?”... Just makes me proud of my little herd... and the subtle ways they look out for me ... Syc

Not too long ago I installed a new fence charger, didnt think anything about it untill I came up under it one day and hit the back of my neck with the wire. Knocked me unconsious for I do not know how long but when I came too my old gelding was standing over the top of me pushing at my head with his nose. I hear people all the time say that horses are dumb or they dont have feelings. Some of them love us just as much as we love them. I'd say you have a great group of horses who enjoy your affection as much as you enjoy theirs.