Sign in to follow this  
tarafreespirit

Arab Lovers My New Gelding Critque

Hi thank u! Yes he was a lil plump from all the pasture!

prev owner never needed to grain him in summer cause he looked

Like this.! Lol easy keeper. He is stocky type tho. Was also gelded when he was 3!

Love that long hip. Equally well placed shoulder, neck just long enough (don't like those giraffe necks), and a good clean throatlatch. Legs look pretty good too. Need a rear shot and a front shot to see.

I know i am digging skeletons out with these threads but I wanted to comment! It has been so long since I have been here!!!

I like the front end on this horse. He has an upright neck carriage and his neck comes out of his back at his withers. This horse should be fairly easy to get a headset on. One thing that would make collection more challenging is that his hock is slightly higher then his knee, and sometimes it makes it more difficult for a horse to really get on his hind when collecting. Most horses can overcome that and unless you are looking at high level competition you would likely never notice.

His back is a little lower then i would like to see and I think his weakest point is his croup which is more slanted then I would like to see.

overall he is a pretty horse, what do you do with him?

I love arabs too! Used to ride one when I was learning English and he was fun. Someday I will have one. <3 Good luck with your new baby!

That is SC Khemero. He's trained for cutting, reining, and can do a decent WP in a pinch. He has sired one colt, a HA out of a racing TB mare, who is now 3 and quite a dandy. His second foal is due any time now, out of an Egyptian mare. He also has a very sweet and easy nature.

A nice horse is a nice horse, regardless of breed! Even as a non Arab person, I like him, and the fact that he looks like he can do something, versus having that 'classic Arabian halter flat croup!

I agre that if you were looking at him like astock horse, the hocks would be more off the ground that ideal, but I think in works in an Arabian. Nice horse!