Sign in to follow this  
SerahRose

What's For Supper?

Just got done eating supper (yea, I know...I like to eat early...I think it's my midwest upbringing) and I must say, it was delish.

I made peas and carrots in risotto for my side. Then I made lamb shoulder steak for my main. I've never had lamb shoulder, nor ever made it, so didn't really know what to do with it. So i just experimented. I seared it in garlic olive oil w/ hickory smoked salt, then after it was seared I simmered it in peach syrup and peaches (left over from a can that wasn't finished last week) with parsley and cayenne pepper and brandy. I've never had brandy, but saw the bottle and was like, eh, I'll just throw it in! haha. And there was some toast, because who doesn't love toast? haha

So what did you have?

I started a big-girl job last week, and my SO is still home on disability, so he's been doing all the cooking. I make a meal-plan for him ever week and write instructions for all the recipes.... but somehow he missed the mark on our dinner tonight.

It was a crockpot hawaiian chicken dish. He eyeballed all of the measurements for the sauce but it turned out alright.. chicken was a little dry but not bad. And he seriously effed the rice. I even called him on the way home to remind him to read the directions for the rice -- but he cooked it like pasta.... in a pot full of water. So whatevs! I used a slotted spoon to serve the rice... LOL.

It was alright. Probably not worth making again, but maybe I'll use the basic idea for something else.

Crab cakes with a nice sauce, butter garlic egg noodles & pan fried succatash. Very very yummy but sadly I had left the cakes in the fry pan a tad to long. Tonight was the first time pan fried them so in the future I'll just bake them as always. They kinda turned out like a grill cheese. Dark on the first side & golden on the other.

How did your lamb turn out??

Oh wow, some yummy din-dins out there! I picked up a rotisserie chicken and made some toxic mac and cheese and had a salad.

You think you eat early? Hubs gets home at 3-3:30 and is ready for dinner!!! Makes for some difficult planning, for sure.

I fixed a chuck roast. It was delish! Seared it first. Also seared/browned some onions and carrots. Put everything in a cast iron pot with potatoes. Deglazed my skillet with some red wine and put that in the pot also. In the oven at 275 for about 2 1/2 hrs. Yum!!! It was soooo tender!

Just got done eating supper (yea, I know...I like to eat early...I think it's my midwest upbringing) and I must say, it was delish.

I made peas and carrots in risotto for my side. Then I made lamb shoulder steak for my main. I've never had lamb shoulder, nor ever made it, so didn't really know what to do with it. So i just experimented. I seared it in garlic olive oil w/ hickory smoked salt, then after it was seared I simmered it in peach syrup and peaches (left over from a can that wasn't finished last week) with parsley and cayenne pepper and brandy. I've never had brandy, but saw the bottle and was like, eh, I'll just throw it in! haha. And there was some toast, because who doesn't love toast? haha

So what did you have?

I need tastointernet!!!! That sounds so good im sitting here drooling wishing I was eating at your place. :drool:

Im making Chili over baked potatoes, just doesnt sound as good..... :mecry:

I had hot dogs and BBQ chips. You'd swear it was summertime in my house but alas, I just couldn't curb the craving.

Somebody come be my personal chef so I don't keep eating crap for dinner!

I made an andouille sausage creole over jasmine rice. It was soo yummy. I've never had lamb, but that sounds good Sarah!

My next project is to try and replicate Chipotles chicken burrito Bol, because I LOVE Chipotle and the nearest one is over 2 hours away :( marinating chicken in an ancho chile marinate and will grill tomorrow and put over cilantro lime rice, black beans, salsa, and lettuce. Don't forget cheese and sour cream, mmm hopefully it turns out

I made a cabbage casserole. Had cabbage, onion, green pepper, garlic... milk and butter, sausage, some sliced up bread... and cheese!

I thought it was really yummy, but apparently I was the only one in my family to think so. *sigh*

I am going to ***** out my chef skills to my mom. Looks like I'll be living at home for a month or two til I find an apartment in SuFu. lol. Wonder if that word is going to be bleeped out once I submit this post.

I found out the rest of my family had Chipotle, because my mom's been having a bad couple of days, so my brother figured that maybe a way to stave off getting yelled at for some stupid random thing would be to provide free dinner for the parentals. I was working, so I only got to hear about everyone else having dinner courtesy of my brother :rolleye0014: I ended up with some mini corn dogs that were in the freezer and the left over chicken schnitzel we made yesterday.