Sign in to follow this  
Sorrel1

Boise, Idaho?

My husband has the opportunity to apply for a job within his company in their Boise offices. I've heard Boise is nice, but that is all I know. I'm not sure if we would actually go through with it, but we are entertaining the idea.

Is anyone on here from Boise or the area? I am looking for sites with general employment listings as well as education positions as I am a teacher. I would also like to see real estate sites. If you have anything you could toss my way I'd appreciate it!

All I know is that the women are crazy in Idaho. At least my friend says that. She has a son there who's had some bad luck with girl friends! :lol:

Western ID around Boise is the modern side of the state. You'll have more opportunity for employment and there is an eclectic mix of people, businesses and religions.

The housing prices are stable and you will find places where you can board or have horses on your own land with in an easy commute to downtown.

Since your coming from Michigan, you'll find the winters easy. The summers will be warmer than your used to. What makes summer in ID fun is the dry heat. The humidity that saps your energy on the eastern side of the US is gone!

Dondie, I'm actually in North Dakota now...winter doesn't phase me! LOL

Not even sure this is a possibility yet as we have a son who is a freshman in high school. But he is open to bribes.

Dondie, I'm actually in North Dakota now...winter doesn't phase me! LOL

Not even sure this is a possibility yet as we have a son who is a freshman in high school. But he is open to bribes.

Kids can get their driver license earlier in ID so that they can drive to/from school.

Edited by dondie

Kids can get their driver license earlier in ID so that they can drive to/from school.

He has already had his since June here. So, that won't work. Talked about it tonight with the hubby and he isn't sure he wants to do it as it would be a huge step professionally for him. So, we'll see.