Sign in to follow this  
equestrianbreeches

I Had To Have A Grey Horse.....

I'm so lucky my paint hates to be dirty. Poor boy won't even think of putting his purty little feet in dirt. Now my black horse...and the sorrel we used to have, eww! I swear they rolled in the nastiest thing possible. It took forever to groom...by the time you were done you were almost too tired to ride.

Ohhh, lovely! I can top ya though. :winking: I had a Paint gelding who was about 50% white. The first place I boarded him had just run water lines in his paddock for the water fountain. One day, after a hard rain, I headed out to the barn to ride. Instead I ended up grooming and bathing him for around 3 hours. He had rolled in the clay where the ground had been dug up for the water line and was coated with a thick layer of dried clay. Clumped in his mane, through his tail...his belly had been spared and that was about it. I could not believe it. He was pretty proud of himself though...the flies and mosquitoes couldn't penetrate that layer of armor. :surrender:

It was an absolute mess. Wish I would have had a camera phone at the time, he was crazy looking. :rolleye0014: