cvm2002

Baskette's Foal Watch--Filly

Oh and she will have it thursday because I'm going trail riding and probably won't get on here all weekend! And its a girl.....I want her to be gray but I have a feeling she will be chestnut like her momma!

Just an FYI - I'm running a bet with myself that "my" mare will foal before Baskette! We've got a bit o wax tonight...

Can't hardly wait to see what your lady pops out!! I adore Bugatti...

Day 355 and still waiting.... Come on Baskette, you must be as ready as the rest of us to have that foal OUT and healthy and nursing by your side. :angel3:

Nope....still has tail tone and some bag filling to do. Eating like its going out of style but starting to get ribby. Obligatory updated belly pictures (and a glamor shot and one of Bunny too...)

IMG_7743Day355_zps3060e6be.jpg

IMG_7734_zpsab95cc3b.jpg

IMG_7730_zpsfab056e8.jpg

FILLY!!! Born just before 3:00am. Bay, tiny star, right hind pastern, left front coronet. She's up and standing, but we're still working on this nursing thing. Baskette always initially has to be facing her babies. Foal gets into nursing position, she wheels around so she can see the foal. Bottle fed the baby a bit of colostrum, but looks like I need to go back out there and get a handle on things.

Uneventful delivery. Just relieved she's here. Will post pictures soon.

I was pretty close on the time and day. Haha. I said 3:45 for the morning of the 2nd. Darn.

Can't wait for pictures! Glad you got your filly!