Jumpergirl99

Working Student

Yeah because there are so many real deal barns in Saratoga that had decent eq kids at WEF. I can think of a jumper barn that attempted the equitation but then again I didn't feed the starving 15 year olds and kept to the hunters. Pipe down and let the big kids talk.

Saratoga is a partial summer home, it's where my step mother has a house. I live in Wellington for almost the entire year. Big kids? Oh pleeeease.

Excuuuuuuse me. AutoCorrect tells me bitting is not a word, I meant bitting but it was changed to biting. Stupid iPhone.

You have an iStupid? Phone only as smart as owner.

Ummm no.... Honey Boo Boo is fat and ugly and I am neither. Why the **** are you calling me that? And nope, I don't have a bedtime.

....Amanda Bynes is that you?? :blink:

Well this escalated quickly. Pure entertainment, and a glorious throwback to all the little turds I met when I was a junior. Fab. She's running the current iTroll version, the one with all the bugs and BS. Oh to be a young, entitled teenager again.

Well this escalated quickly. Pure entertainment, and a glorious throwback to all the little turds I met when I was a junior. Fab. She's running the current iTroll version, the one with all the bugs and BS. Oh to be a young, entitled teenager again.

B!tch. You really are, as your username suggests, sappy. Although I would go with more of the ******** ******** name. Suits you.

:rotf::yahoo: iTroll version, love it, explains so much

Annnnnnd hi :smileywavey: back to the topic!

(miss you guys btw :happy0203: )

Anyway, I was a working student the summer after my first year in college and it was hard work, frustrating, long hours and I got ridiculous tan lines that resembled a polo. However, I came in schooling 2'6" at the beginning of the summer and by August when it was time to get back on a plane for Ohio, I was schooling 3'3", riding 4-8 horses a day and riding ones that I would have once been terrified of. It was the summer that my entire outlook on riding changed and I trained with A circuit trainers who once rode in the Olympics and frequented the Grand Prix arena. I learned so much and I'm grateful for every minute I spent with those trainers and yes, the assistant trainers had it out for me and some (very few) of the clients where princesses and some of the horses were pains in the rear but thanks to that experience, I networked with excellent people and rode horses that I could never afford and most of all gained confidence.

I took my Senior year off HS (graduated as a Junior) and was a WS.

You're a slave. You're cold in the winter. Hot in the summer. You clean a lot of stuff - stalls, tack, horses.

However. It was amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I was put in charge when my trainer had to take time off and got to ride some super fancy horses. It's experience that you cannot be taught in a classroom. If this is something you're serious about considering doing for a living, it's a must. Even as having been a WS I didn't survive as a trainer - got burnt out too quickly. And I had a WS helping me. This world takes a special kind of person to run it. You can be the best rider, the best groom, the best stall cleaner, and at the end of the day, it might just not be for you. But it's worth checking out before diving in as a trainer.