Sign in to follow this  
Got_Barrels?

Unexpected Baby :(

Thanks FF. I used to have it in my mind (when I had my last mare) that if she got really good running barrels I'd breed her for a new prospect, but now 3 years later I have seen too many nice young prospects out there it makes no sense for another foal to come into the world when there are already so many out there that are unwanted.

Im not trying to step on any toes so I'll end my comment.....to the OP I'm sorry about your unexpected arrival and I hope the best for his recovery and development :)

FF are you saying that because of the movie buck? Because that was a different situation entirely....

Good luck with the foal! Hope everything works out ok for momma and baby!

He is cute! Hopefully he is still doing well.

My gelding Jr was a dummy foal as well... He spent his first 3 days in the vet clinic. My vet told me if we could get him on his feet and starting to nurse in 48 hours and prevent seizures, he would be fine. He was on his feet after 1 day. He's now 8, and perfectly fine and healthy. I have shown him successfully and will be using him to move cattle some this year as well. My album on fb shows his progress.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=8a5d109aa3

28487_1483036994391_739690_n.jpg

Edited by quarters n paints

Congradulations! he is a cutie...

I always find it hard to believe when people say they never even known a horse is pregnant... YOU can tell the difference...you just know..... I knew when My mare TJ wasn't pregnant after she was palpated to be pregnant months before..I just kept hoping she was ...a simple check from your vet would have indicated this also...

AD

Are the people you bought her from going to cover the emergency vet bills? I'd be pretty ticked. There is so much you need to do with a pregnant mare, which is why I've never bred my mare.

I'm curious if a stallion report was filled with AQHA??? If not he can't be registered unless the stallion owner files it and DNA will have to be done on the little fella... I'd be checking into all that with the previous owner (is he the stallions owner too?) Kinda wreckless back yard breeding if you ask me.. You could have lost them both... You going to get your mare checked to see if she is ok since it was a difficult birth??

AD

Kinda wreckless back yard breeding if you ask me.. You could have lost them both... You going to get your mare checked to see if she is ok since it was a difficult birth??

AD

Seriously? You're mad at her? She didn't even want this to happen and didn't know the mare was pregnant. And it says in the OP that they took them to the vet right away. IMO she has handled this very well and is making the best of this situation.

GB- The foal is a cutie and I'm glad that momma and baby have someone competent to care for them.

Edited by ohNine

Oh Nine, i may be wrong, but i think AD *may* have been talking about the previous owners, with which i have to agree- very irresponsible of the previous owners.

and Got_Barrles, are you saying you didnt actually witness the birth to know for sure what kind of a dummy foal? i think you all dont realize there are actually several types of dummy foals. 1) born with out enough oxygen and or placenta problems or 2) just low glucose levels, which WILL NOT EFFECT ATTITUDE. which did your foal have? cause if it was just glucose then your good to go.

and Amazona, no im speaking (unfortunately) from a lot of experience. ive never seen the move Buck.

Chance found him I was at work. I've seen dummy foals before so I think I would know. We had test ran and my vet confirmed that he was a dummy foal

Thank you FF.. No I was not blaiming you GB about the neglegant breeding... just the fact that yoiu got her ALREADY pregnant and did not know at the time of purchase .. I am kinda curious how you youi mixed "GAS" up with sidesways foals and flipped over to a "V".?? An Udder?? You must keep your horses out in a winter pasture and never go out to them...

You still need a stallion report turned in....Even with APHA...to register him...AND your mare needs to be registered ... if you even can....

MJE Watch Breeze Skip is not registered with APHA or AQHA....so the foal is non registerable..

AD

You still need the stallion report to register him... from APHA... the owner you got her from does not own the stallion...She must have know she was bred... I got that from APHA and AQHA...He is not registered with AQHA even though the sire is a AQHA bred horse.. He could have been double registered.. too bad..:-(

The sire is genetically typed for a breeding stallion with APHA.. so typing your MARE and foal can get you papers there... I just wanted you to know...I'm not out to get you , but to help you out a bit... If you need anymore information I can get it for you..Its nice to see you put her in your name.. ;-) Just ticks me off the previous owner KNEW she was exposed....and did not tell you..

AD

Oh trust me I let them both have it over the phone lol. The owner who has the stud is too worried about buying the colt off of me. Which will not happen