Sign in to follow this  
luvmychip

New Beginnings! Hope For A 2014 Foal!

I've been nonchalantly looking at stallions for my morgan mare, Rain, for some time now. Mostly it was a novelty, but I wanted to have plenty of time to research bloodlines and familiarize myself with the traits and characteristics of the different lines. If any of you have seen my post on the General forum, I recently euthanized my 26 year old quarter horse. In no way could I ever replace him. I'm not breeding to just put another horse in my barn. Heartbreak aside, I went ahead with a preplanned visit to see a stud that is here locally until his lease is up or he is sold. They are very picky about where he goes, so in all likelyhood, when the lease runs out he will return to Canada. I took one look at this horse and fell in love! He's got it all, confirmation, temperament, movement, and he STAMPS his foals with his look. All the trademarks of a great stallion. You would never know he was a stud, he does NOT act like one, even though he was pulled out from his mares. His pedigree is a who's who of old blood, as is my mare's. His owner was very impressed with my mare's bloodlines. She is also a beautiful mover and I'm currently training her to drive. All the pieces just fell into place. They should complement each other greatly. The timing is perfect. I'll be done with my practicum for college well before she's due. He's not 45 minutes away from home, so I can check on her regularly. She's five years old, any younger and I wouldn't do it. The stud owner, who has quickly become a friend, made me an offer too good to pass up. The stud is 19 years old, so she isn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes over an untried stallion. The morgan community here is such a family, and I can't wait to call Rain's breeder. I wasn't going to tell anyone until I have her confirmed in foal, but I HAD to share it! :yahoo: Today is the day that she's heading over and I haven't slept much and have had waaaaaayyy too much coffee lol.

Stud pedigree:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cin-o-rama+knight+moves

Mare pedigree:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/beautys+midnight+rain

Rain showing off her trot:

0510121912.jpg

100_2190.jpg

From about 3 weeks ago in her winter woolies. Her sabino marking really stands out.

20130411192256_zps6024a67c.jpg

Knight Moves:

His pictures really do not do him justice and I am so glad that I went to see him in person. He almost looks downhill and his back legs look posty, but they definitely are not when you see him.

Knight2_zpse04b4dea.jpg

Cin-O-RamaKnightMoves_zps6abbed38.jpg

Knight3_zpscdc92604.jpg

Thanks! We now believe (of course) that she was just coming out of heat when she arrived at the stud barn. So frustrating! She never shows, so it was going to be a "tease and see" situation. Now deciding whether to bring her in with an injection or just wait. Mares... :rolleye0014:

It's a baby!!!!!!!!!! Excuse the bad photo; I took a picture of the screen with my phone. That blob on the left is our foal! I got to see the heartbeat as well. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Rainultra_zps446952f7.jpg