Sign in to follow this  
ozland

Those Of You Who Know Orlie

I'm already working with a social worker at the VA hospital to make sure he gets what he needs. Hospital's keeping him a couple more weeks for some therapy, then he will be set up with home health worker when they send him home. If that doesn't work out, he will need to go to a nursing home. I do have a PofA for his health concerns. Makes it easier to deal with.

If he does have dementia, then its doubtful that he will cooperate with home health or that they will provide enough services to really help him. IME, they only come in a few hours a day, provide light house keeping, bathing, etc. The nurse comes a couple of times a week for vital signs, etc. Even though you are working with the VA, I'd still call the hotline or your local DHS office and talk to your APS consultant. They can help you walk through medicaid and all the other bureaucracy.

He's 100% VA disabled, they take care of everything for him. And since I am used to dealing with him, I CAN provide enough pressure to get him to co-operate. If not, we will do what we have to. I will give him this chance, since he loves it here and lives to watch the horses.

He's 100% VA disabled, they take care of everything for him. And since I am used to dealing with him, I CAN provide enough pressure to get him to co-operate. If not, we will do what we have to. I will give him this chance, since he loves it here and lives to watch the horses.

Salt of the Earth you are, miss Oz!

Doctors have decided he is too mentally unstable at this point to live on his own. They will be putting him in a VA nursing home.

Awww, that's too bad. Maybe take some pictures of the horses, enlarge them, and hang them in his room for him?

I'm sorry he has progressed to that point Oz. Will you be able to at least visit with him?