Sign in to follow this  
SerahRose

Dressage Belgian

Had a horse come in for training last week. I love her!! I want her to have a baby for me! LOL

She's a 9 yo Belgian who used to get ridden maybe once a month, if she was lucky. Her owner wants me to get her trail ready and do some basic dressage work and such. She couldn't go straight to save her life, tripped a lot, and bend? ha! She didn't even know how to stay on a rail (which is actually kind of a good thing, makes riding the quarter line far easier when they don't rely on a rail) So this is what she looks like with a week and a half of riding/lunging. I really love her brain and she is soooo willing to work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151600109568480&l=1146645198678016341

I don't like "finishing out" horses so much, but getting them started and going I love. Like I said...I have a thing for this mare. the owner has offered to let me breed her and get a baby out of her...it's soooo tempting I have to keep reminding myself I have GOALS dangit and a belgian x tb isn't one of those goals. lol

Lol, but draft babies are so cute. I love my Gwen. She is way to smart for her own good, but so willing and eager to please. Adore her.

I'll be wanting an eventing prospect in a few years...but I want a Half Arab so I can do some sporthorse stuff, too. Alas! (and Belgian x Arabs DO NOT work out well! LOL)

She's 15, and has a spot on her leg that flares up every now and then - and while she is never lame, it concerns me!

unless you meant what's wrong with mosely as in why don't I breed her...then in that case the reply is - She's got a cystic ovary and won't take :(

both. i'm sorry. she looks like an incredible horse--you're lucky to have her--eventing or mommy prospect or not!!