Sign in to follow this  
Quarters4me

Abondoned Paint Ponies... Update Pic's Of Ponies

There is a woman that lives close by that set her ponies loose and said it was her little girl that opend the gate..well after a week, me a cop and another lady wrangled up the ponies..one of the ponies had just foaled..and he was weak when we finaley caught them..

stupid us took them took them back to the owner..and ill be damnd.. when i was eating dinner here come the ponies running down the street again poor baby in tow..poor little guy. now they just ended up in a pasture across from my house with lots of grass no water..i water them with a bucket poor ponies..they have been loose for 2 months now..time for me to step in and do somthing about it..

eveyone knows she put then in the filed..get this she said she gave them away but she cant tell us who..bunch of bull if you ask me..and the guy who has the owns the pasture dont want the ponies on his place..and i called the sheriff dept

animal control ect.

the one mare with the colt is broke..the other one looks very young is saposed to be broke..she has a dog leash around her neck..

bad thing it they are getting a little wild and i cant get her to get the leash off..im going to call the owner of the ranch and ask him about the ponies...and i will try and find them homes for free..

I will post pictures of the ponies tomarrow when they come for water..mama is black and white..the other is like a liver chestnut and white..and the colt is still fuzzy with baby fur and is sorral and white..when he sheds i think he will be black and white..

Momma Pony

Momma Pony

Mare and Momma

Mare

Colt

Colt.

colt

Wild ones 010 (640x480)

Mare

Wild ones 004 (640x457)

Mare

Mare

Edited by Quarters4me

Poor ponies. Just make sure you go about it the right way, according to local laws, etc. Like in some areas if you find an animal, report it/post signs/whatever and it's not claimed within 7 days, you could call it your own. Then you could legally give them away to good homes. Worth talking to Animal Control or other local authorities to make sure you don't get in trouble for stealing them later.

Thanks loopyhorse..im going to do that tomarrow after I talk to the owner of the pasture..the one who dont want them there..im going to ask him what he wants to do with them..he chases them away from the home tank so they cant get water..and that the only water sorce..he says they drink alott of his water.

.these ponies are welsh size..imean how much can they drink..but i understand thats his place...but if he dont want them..why not catch them and get rid of them..and not let them die of thirst..

Edited by Quarters4me

It's a shame things like this are happening. Dog leashes, halters growing into their faces, leaving the gate open? this madness must stop. But how?

I have no use for people like that! What are they teaching their children? Ranks right down there with people who dump dogs and cats in the country!

I agree..it's very sad indeed..i also hear her kids are very mean to the animals they have..

the ponies are better far away from that situation..at least they have lots of food..and i water them..for now.

I just feel so sorry for them dumped like they are trash..and i worrie about the one with the dog leash around her neck..

I did get pictures of all of them..but the enternet is acting up so i was only able to download one pic of the colt..hopefuly i can get the rest up tomarrow..

I did talk to the wiff of john, he will be out of town for awile she dont know what he is going to do with them, all she knows

is he dont want them..I will just keep giveing them water.

well here is the handsome little guy..i just want to kiss his little nose...lol

Wild ones 008 (640x480)

Edited by Quarters4me

I am in the Ft Lupton area, send me a PM where these ponies are at. I might not get your message if you send it after 3 today until MOnday. Sure hope you see this before I leave my computer for the day!!

Edited by Colspal

The brand inspector will be around to gather them up hold them for 30 days and then sell them..not to sure when that will take place but if they are around for water.. i wish i knew you were that close weeks ago..poor babys..

Well the ponies are here for their evening water..john stoped when he seen me standing by the fence looking at the ponies.he came home for the weekend..anyway we were talking and he told me the brand inspector will come for them this comming week..its a done deal..

Edited by Quarters4me

That's a nice looking colt. I hope the ponies find a new home soon, with people who will love them and treat them right. What a shame.

The ponies are still here today, hope they get them soon..

Pics are on top of page..

Edited by Quarters4me