Everyone meet Spring , Shyannas' new best friend!

Spring_zps21d0d1a4.jpg

springb_zps663ded66.jpg

Spring1_zps136e3203.jpg

and here is the letter spring wrote to Shyanna ( Shy is a sleep so she will know all this first thing the morning)

Hello Shyanna, Can I call you Shy? My name is Spring and I am a girl like you. I am a Black Lab that was born into the Spring Litter. Like Spring brings new life I hope we start our new life together like the flowers blooming in Spring. Such an awesome thing and they smell good too! Do you like Pink? You see here at 4 Paws there are these Paps called the Pink Girlz and they think they have the corner on Pink. They won't let any dogs except special Paps join so could you bring me some Pink and some Bling? Okay so the Spring Litter was born here at 4 Paws. We are Labs because our Mom, Delilah and Dad, CJ are Labs. My dad is famous because he is a Champion Labrador Retriever! His breeder showed him in these beauty shows before he came to 4 Paws to be my Dad! When I was a puppy I went to prison lol I helped inmates by letting them teach me obedience. I did so goo I went to college after that at Cedarville University! Then I did all my service dog work at 4 Paws and am ready now to be your service dog!!! Can you HURRY and get here! Xoxo. Spring

Edited by pocobuckgal

poco,

Very neat looking dog & letter from Shy's service dog. Do you know if alot of service dogs are black labs? Our last good dog was a lab, so I have a soft spot for them. May Spring be everything you hope her to be for Shy. Best Wishes. PD

What a happy, cheerful looking dog. I hope she and Shy do well together. Best of luck!

Tracy

Thanks everyone! I have talked to her foster and have found out that Spring loves to play fetch! and she told me I could show off some of her photos with Spring!

Spring at church

spingc_zpsaad57e45.jpg

spingd_zps9408a101.jpg

I love this one

spring1b_zpsb8eee295.jpg

high 5s

springe_zps1b832d6c.jpg

springo_zps883b839a.jpg

and look her and Shy both hate head bands! LOL

springx_zps473b1706.jpg

Congratulations! Spring is beautiful! Shy will be so thrilled with the letter and pictures. Wish you could get a picture of her face when she sees the pictures.

Spings' tasks include behavior disruption , tracking, sensory input and tethering and being her best friend.as well as being a social bridge for Shy. Hoping Spring has a calming effect on Shy as well. the school has already told us no but haven't broken the law ( yet) so we are waiting for our battle with them.

Awww, she's gorgeous! Love black labs!

How can the school tell you no? Maybe I misunderstand but I thought service dogs were allowed to go anywhere.

the school can't legally tell her no that why we have a battle to fight. there are some federal buildings and churches don't have to let a service dog in. oh and places like an OR or OR prep room.

the problem with the school is we ( Shy, Spring, and me ( or other adult) will be placed in a 3 person team meaning the adult gives the bulk of the commands to the dog. and we are not legal if there is not a trained adult to handle the service dog. I will be allowed to train another adult but I may end up going to school with her to be the bus aid/ dog handler.

^^yes they are. poco--tell them they'll be "hearing from your lawyer" (even if you don't have one). they cannot deny the dog access. PRIVATE businesses are entitled under the law to deny a badly behaving service dog access, but not public institutions. from what i gather your daughter is in a public school funded by taxpayers. don't consider it a battle--there's nothing to fight about. the dog gets access under the law. period.

We already have a lawyer for the DOJ just waiting till we have Spring home and they won't let her ride the bus or come to school only after they have physically turned us away have they broken the law. Spring will be the first service dog in out area so no one seems to understand it all. I have already been told we will be fined if we don't pay for a county tag when Ohio laws say if we have the Ohio SD tag they can't charge us a fee for the county tag.so I all that paper work printed out for when we get back. Its going to be a little hairy at first but we will get there!

oh me and the school have went head to head 3 or 4 times and every time I have came out the winner because I never ask for more than I have a right to ask for. you would think he would just sit down and shut up by now! LOL. He is a jerk he said and this is a quote " I don't see her being disabled enough to need a service dog". I asked if he want me to chop of and arm, leg or pop out and eye ball if she would be "disabled enough" then ? and yes Shy has an RX from the Dr. for a service dog. plus her early intervention person and the help me grow person wrote letters to help get the dog so i'm pretty sure I have firm ground to stand on.

Spring looks great - I am so happy that you are one step closer to meeting her! You are a great advocate for your children, it may be a battle, but you will stand up for what is right for your kids and others will learn in the process.

I'm curious about how the dog will help Shy when she has a meltdown or behavior? Seems like a neat idea. Can you explain it a little more to me?

Spring is trained to kiss or nuzzle to basically distract Shy and Spring is also trained to lay on her legs or lower body to help when Shy is on over load and needs deep pressure input for sensory problems or "lap" where Spring will just lay her head in Shys' lap to help her calm down. I know there is more that I will learn at training.

not our first battle so I am used to it. maybe just maybe one day some other parent won't have to battle this long road because all that I have done.

:yay: Spring looks like a lovely, happy go lucky, fun dog! She is going to be a great addition to your life! :yay:

As for the jerk at the school....it really amazes me that some people think that they can act like bullies and ignore state and federal laws. Because they have a job that gives them a tiny bit of power. :rolleye0014:

I work with DD adults and being tall has it's advantages, as I can loom over some of these small minded people when they try to intimidate my clients. :rotf: Take a very tall friend/family member with you to shake him up and to be your witness. I'd also bring along a tape recorder, turn it on when you pull it out of your purse; set it on the table or desk and tell him your going to record the conversation.

If he refuses, tell him to please repeat that for the recording to document why he doesn't want the conversation recorded.

You'll be surprised at how often things change when a mini-bully meets a tape recorder. :winking:

Edited by dondie