Sign in to follow this  
barrelracer17

R.i.p Earney

Some of you may remember Earney.....he was the horse I had when I posted on HC long, long ago. He passed away a couple days ago. My dad rode him when he was younger, sold him, and we bought him back as a 19 year old. When he was 27 years old, we sold him to a kid who rode him and excelled on him in the roping and goat tying events. He won the Little Britches National Finals rodeo two times in a row in the breakaway roping. He took good care of him. A few weeks ago, he really started to show his age and they had a hard time keeping weight on but he was still full of piss and vinegar when turned out in the field. But I guess last week the kid could tell he was tired when he didn't practically run him over when being turned out, and made the decision to put him down.

He was 31 years young. He taught me how to rope; the whole family rode him. He worked awesome on the grass at the Pendleton Roundup pro rodeo; one year, 8 guys made it back to the short go on him. From Junior rodeo, to pro rodeo, he was all business. He'll be missed.

post-7364-0-66190800-1372004411_thumb.jpg

post-7364-0-45029200-1372004428.jpg

post-7364-0-66905700-1372004437.jpg

post-7364-0-67705800-1372004530_thumb.jpg

post-7364-0-11005100-1372004546_thumb.jpg

post-7364-0-20766900-1372004574_thumb.jpg

what a handsome boy! looked like he loved his life. he was lucky to have a family like you. rest in paradise mr earney <3

I saw this on Instagram this morning and was heartbroken. I remember all of your posts about Earney and he has always been one of my HC favorites.

RIP Earney

I always loved your pictures and updates back in the day. Earney was one of my favs, too... I'm so sad to hear this but he lived a long,happy life. Hugs for you!

Oh Earney!! Add me to his fan club, I too always loved him. He sure was a good old boy, wasn't he? :) He had a grand life and I'm sure never went a minute unappreciated. RIP sweet boy!

So sorry for your loss. Earney was a handsome man who lived a great life. RIP Mr. Earney.