TinaCarroll_57253

Harmful Everyday Products

I know I have come across this before but this is the first I have seen in a TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE.

cancer_zpse16c3ebb.jpg

You may think this tag would come off some sort of liquid chemical or cleaning agent. Nope. It came off a hose adapter.. one of those two way splitters.

I thought maybe they would have some made that didn't have that warning. But nope. They only carried one brand and one even said that it also CONTAINED LEAD.

So, they want you to put this on your hose, that waters your livestock, but says you should wash your hands after HANDLING?! I don't know about you guys, but I spend the extra money on an RV hose (medical grade plastic that does not contain harmful chemicals or plastic that holds bacteria) for my horse... only to have this crap be put on an adapter? Defeats the whole purpose. Not to mention, it would come into contact with the water you use to water your grass... which then leaks into the water supply. That's wonderful.

Maybe not only vaccines are to blame, but maybe everyday household products such as this are increasing the amount of autism/birth defects/cancers/other sicknesses that continue to rise on an almost daily basis.

**Shakes head**

I don't think starting an online petition will help any but I think Tractor Supply customers writing and telling them they are saddened their HEALTH AND LIVES are not put first might get the ball rolling. Also, pay attention to what you buy and research what you buy. Washing your hands after is a wonderful idea but I don't know about you guys... I don't wash my hands when I am at the barn UNTIL I am done with everything. Not to mention, our skin is porous.... meaning it absorbs the chemicals that ends up on our hands...

PLEASE BE CAREFUL GUYS. Just because it is sold in stores does not mean it is not detrimental to your health!

Edited by Blondyy

It's a labeling thing. We ran across this in my store awhile back. If you look closely, well know western boot brands have pretty much the same label hanging on their boots now. Lead is in A LOT of products manufactured now-a-days. The tagging is due to companies that ship products to California. I don't remember the exact reasoning but it's something to do with California's crazy laws.

I will have to look more into this and what chemicals are causing this label to be in place.

My thought is, science is pretty universal and shouldn't vary from state to state. I understand that laws vary, but for instance, if one state finds a gram of rat poison to be poisonous, you think all other states would find a gram is rat poison poisonous as well. Or maybe I'm just crazy. O.0

this is old news, and is due to china putting lead in EVERYTHING, including baby formula, dog food and clothes, because concerns like WALMART offer cheap goods. price over quality or safety. the public wants it until babies and animals get sick, and then say, "what happened?"

thanks for sounding the alarm blondyy, but anybody with half a pulse should be aware of this when in comes to *MADE IN CHINA*.

this is old news, and is due to china putting lead in EVERYTHING, including baby formula, dog food and clothes, because concerns like WALMART offer cheap goods. price over quality or safety. the public wants it until babies and animals get sick, and then say, "what happened?"

thanks for sounding the alarm blondyy, but anybody with half a pulse should be aware of this when in comes to *MADE IN CHINA*.

Should be but considering their profits and sales, apparently no one cares.

I refuse to believe that, since we have porous skin, that handling these products everyday does not contribute to the increase in cancers and other illnesses that we see.

While it is true that many more carcinogins exist now, due to industrialization, and our modern expectations, it is also true that law suits abound to such an extent that some dis claimer labels are purely ridiculous, and in place for 'just in case',

You know, a label on a take out coffee container-hot liquid, may cause burns"!

besides enviromental risks, many viruses can trigger cancer

Cell phones and tanning beds , high volt power lines are prime triggers

Cell turn over-the more they turn over, the greater risk of something going wrong. People are living longer than ever before, thus manay get cancer as they age beyond what people aged in the past

If you have something like colitis, you have agreater risk of getting bowl cancer for the same reason

Many cancers first appear after a viral disease-way more than any association with vaccines,

There is a greater scientific awareness of cancer triggers than there ever was, even a few decades ago. Heck, I was exposed to formeldahyde and asbestos as a lab tech

Hepatitis is associated with a higher risk of liver cancer

How about frequent flying?

How many horse people use DMSO,a known tetrogenic?

There is also individual resistance to cell mutation, and why some super paranoid people, watching every last thing they eat, trying to be completely organic, still get cancer

I think you have to use logic, weigh risk and not go through life with Howard Huge complex, and this comes from a lab tech that has worked in oncology. Yes, I try to minimize things like x-ray exposure and contact with know carcinogins like nicotine, but admit to still drinking some alcohol, which is associated with an increased risk of several cancers

Yes, my gf's apartment building in San Francisco has such a sign on the wall when you enter the front door.

You also need to look at how the product was tested. Remember when the first deodorant soaps came out? They were tested by injecting the rats with very high doses of the soap. Now I for one do not plan on shooting up with my soap. Same for the first diet sodas. To get the same amount as they fed the rats, you had to drink some super large amount daily. Everything will cause cancer if you use/do high enough doses of it! Yes, there are some chemicals that do actually cause cancer in some people with normal use. Who can say if these people would not have gotten that cancer anyway?

Also, to put things in perspective, coronary heart disease and stroke are still the number one killers. Extra abdominal fat is prime risk, for the former, plus also an increased risk for several cancers.

Perhaps all those fast food restaurants should have warning labels!

Glad to seer that tanning beds in some places at least have warnings, plus some are restricted from being used by minors

In the end, there are many many triggers that can cause a cell to mutate. It is good to be aware of risks, but paranoia is not the answer, nor is taking things out of context and perspective

I am still in the camp of, if you continually use products that (even in small doses) have a cancer causing chemical, that you put yourself at a higher risk of getting cancer.

Obviously, it is all unavoidable as it seems to be in everything.. even our food.

I know our organs are designed to flush toxins out but we also have tissue absorption and accumulation to worry about as well.

I think we are such an unhealthy nation because of all of this nonsense. Yes, we may live longer but that is only because doctors pump us full of life saving drugs, that usually give us even more issues to deal with lol.

Those hoses they advertise, the ones that are super lightweight and are supposed to coil back up when you turn off the water?

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a couple to use at the barn, since they're so much lighter and easier to handle, until I discovered, they are not suitable for watering livestock, OR, use on vegetable gardens!!! They are made with chemicals that are not good for human or animal consumption.

Don't they show, in the ad, people watering their gardens?

Stay away from anything made in China... a little hard to do, these days.

Those hoses they advertise, the ones that are super lightweight and are supposed to coil back up when you turn off the water?

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a couple to use at the barn, since they're so much lighter and easier to handle, until I discovered, they are not suitable for watering livestock, OR, use on vegetable gardens!!! They are made with chemicals that are not good for human or animal consumption.

Don't they show, in the ad, people watering their gardens?

Stay away from anything made in China... a little hard to do, these days.

I always buy the RV/boat hoses. They typically are white with blue stripes and they are labeled "safe for drinking." These are the only types of hoses that one should use to water livestock/gardens as they are made of medical grade, chemical free plastics in which bacteria cannot grow.

^^glad i don't drink that crap.

this is rich. china has pointed the finger at Fronterra, one of New Zealand's largest corporations and producers of dairy products (the dairy industry represents 10% of NZ's GNP) for tainted milk powder (possible presence of the salmonella bacteria). the CHINESE refuse to buy chinese milk products (baby formula) because of a well-founded fear of things like, you know, lead. probably not good for anybody, let alone infants. i'd produce the head banging against wall smiley, but the *new and improved* HC format is playing coy with my computer.

The tags are for the manufacturers protection, they warn of possible problems so liability is limited. *I worked in manufacturing for 12 years plus*

Buyers assume risks when purchasing items so just get into tag and label reading!

EWWWW! I just bought some Chinese egg noodles to use in soup and YUK! They taste like rotten eggs... cooked them up and fed them to the pigs...

AD

I was hoping to meet some people who are using products on and around their horses that do not contain harsh chemicals. I started learning about harsh chemicals a few months ago.. well it started with my self, family, and household... but then I started finding ways to apply them to my horses and my pig. I am loving them and really wanted to start sharing it with others as well as finding out what other people are doing.

thanks.. i also started a facebook like page titled

A healthy horse is a happy horse

Its intended for people to start posting a questions or concerns where they can then get others opinions.

~~A healthy horse is a happy horse~~

https://www.facebook.com/myhealthyhappyhorse?ref=hl

MickyD's and Sonic and BK probably top the list for all of this junk. In term of health impacts... it's the horrible stuff we EAT that makes the biggest difference IMO. Hamburger Helper? Processed Mac&Cheese?

That being said... we check labels and don't buy from China if at all possible. Unfortunately, sometime it isn't. We had to replace our iron a while back, we looked and looked and LOOKED and could not find an iron that was made anywhere but China. We finally broke down and purchased a Chinese one, but were not happy about it.

just wear one of those hazmat suits when you use it.

Aren't those made in china too nick?

If memory serves (I was working for an LA based company when they became law some odd years ago) those CA labels labels go on all imports that go through CA that have not been tested for the presence of lead. And generally speaking, products in which traces of lead are unlikely to cause harm aren't tested, because no one wants to cover the cost of that when it doesn't really matter. Now, if those products shipped in through a different state and were not headed to California, you'd likely see the exact same product in your store without the scary warning label. If you live in CA, the labeling could help you avoid items that potentially contain lead. Anywhere else? The majority of products aren't labeled, so avoiding those that are labeled as potentially hazardous in favor of those that aren't will yield you diddly squat in lessening exposure, because all it really tells you is that the product was imported through CA.

Edited by ***ThreeStarsCorc***

Since I'm on a work computer, the copy/paste thing is wonky so I cannot copy and paste the snopes link I have.

I searched "formaldehyde in shampoo" and indeed there was formaldehyde in your baby's Johnson shampoo. Up until a few months ago, actually. In May 2013, Johnson&Johnson announced that it had removed this from their shampoo.

You'd be surprised at the amount of chemicals in your every day products.

You've got to be an educated shopper when choosing products!

WOW! Never knew that either!

Scary stuff! It is almost like you have to research and document every single product you own! Oy veh.

And we wonder why we see more cases of diseases/cancers on the rise.

It is great that the liver can remove the majority of toxins but... there is a thing called tissue residues that remain in the tissue for long periods of time.

If one single cigarette can change DNA, I can only imagine what long term use of everyday products can cause.

Population control though. Gotta do it somehow.

Oh yeah. There's crap in your toothpaste, even your handsoap probably has got crap in it too.
Honestly I'd rather lick my garbage can than use a cleaning product off of a Target shelf. Seriously.
I spray my garbage can with a botanical disinfectant, made of citric acid (think lemon/lime juice), thyme oil and tap water. Ain't nothing sketchy about that!