EqQueen98

Barn Dress Code

Does your barn have a dress code? Mine does. I'm at a hunter and equitation barn based out of Wellington, FL, and it's strict about clothes. We are required to wear polos with sleeves (preferably Joules) and beige breeches (preferably TS), a black or brown leather belt that matches your paddocks and half chaps or field boots, which must be leather. In the winter, a long sleeved sweater with or without a vest is acceptable. Beige breeches and leather boots still stands. So do you think my barn is too strict or what?

EqQueen98

Does your barn have a dress code? Mine does. I'm at a hunter and equitation barn based out of Wellington, FL, and it's strict about clothes. We are required to wear polos with sleeves (preferably Joules) and beige breeches (preferably TS), a black or brown leather belt that matches your paddocks and half chaps or field boots, which must be leather. In the winter, a long sleeved sweater with or without a vest is acceptable. Beige breeches and leather boots still stands. So do you think my barn is too strict or what?

EqQueen98

i wouldn't board there. i pay my rent on time, clean up after myself, always put things back where i found them (i.e. a broom i used to clean up after farrier app't.), close gates behind me, am considerate of--and helpful to--fellow boarders and polite and friendly to visitors. i'll wear clothes (won't go nekkid to the barn), but don't be trying to tell me which ones. (is your barn owner friends with Joules?). please--dictating not only that you wear a belt but which color?

then again, maybe you're just pulling our legs :lol: .

Sorry, that's the barn rules. Most big commercial hunter barns where I am do that. Yours sounds soooo informal.

Sorry, that's the barn rules. Most big commercial hunter barns where I am do that. Yours sounds soooo informal.

just read that you are 16. please read the rules about minors posting here.

eta: because i just noticed she is a minor.

Edited by nick

The owner/instructor of the H&J barn where I rode was very strict about clothes. She was a Brit and very OCD.

I worked off part of my lessons and had barn clothes and riding clothes. Barn clothes were long sleeve pressed and starched khaki shirts, matching pants and tall shined rubber muck boots.

Riding clothes were starched white long sleeve shirts buttoned up and pressed wool khaki breeches or jodpurs. We could wear brown tall boots with matching spur leathers & belt for lessons. Hair was tightly braided or in a bun, with black velvet helmet.

The lesson before a show was full kit. Black boots, spur leathers & belt shined so that she could see her face in them, heavily starched white shirt with stock, black wool coat/jacket, pressed light tan or white breeches/jods This was in the desert where all summer long (may-october) it was 85-115 degrees! Other barns allowed brown or navy riding coats. Ours didn't If she saw someone wearing a red coat that hadn't been a Master of the Hunt. She would go off on them.

The owner/instructor of the H&J barn where I rode was very strict about clothes. She was a Brit and very OCD.

I worked off part of my lessons and had barn clothes and riding clothes. Barn clothes were long sleeve pressed and starched khaki shirts, matching pants and tall shined rubber muck boots.

Riding clothes were starched white long sleeve shirts buttoned up and pressed wool khaki breeches or jodpurs. We could wear brown tall boots with matching spur leathers & belt for lessons. Hair was tightly braided or in a bun, with black velvet helmet.

The lesson before a show was full kit. Black boots, spur leathers & belt shined so that she could see her face in them, heavily starched white shirt with stock, black wool coat/jacket, pressed light tan or white breeches/jods This was in the desert where all summer long (may-october) it was 85-115 degrees! Other barns allowed brown or navy riding coats. Ours didn't If she saw someone wearing a red coat that hadn't been a Master of the Hunt. She would go off on them.

Sounds similar! But mine isn't as strict. That's really taking it to the extreme, don't you think? But the whole red coat thing is just a standard now. For clinics we're only allowed to wear TS's, black field or dress boots, black belt and a long sleeves and collared white shirt or show shirt. For winter clinics same on bottom plus a sweater over a polo because in FL it's never really as cold as it is in NY, where I am for some of the yea.

She was a real tyrant. As the only English style instructor in the area she could set her own rules. I lived in a small town called Norco, we had ten thousand horses, six western instructors and her.

She was a real tyrant. As the only English style instructor in the area she could set her own rules. I lived in a small town called Norco, we had ten thousand horses, six western instructors and her.

i would have told her to buzz off or watch my $$ ride off into the horizon. i'm the customer, and the customer is always right if you want their money. plus i'm an adult--she's not my *mommy* or my *daddy*. what--is this parochial school?? why would anybody put up with that kind of crap and PAY for it to boot. (unless you like it....)

Well that makes sense, I guess if she was the only one, people who rode English had to take her or not ride.

^^??

apparently rules are highly valued at your barn.

***** off, *****. I hate you. This is sooo obnoxious and you are driving me crazy.

haven't you noticed that a substantial part of your posts are being censored? clean up your language and people might have a better chance of reading what you write.

I apologize. Was a tad hungover. Truce, maybe? I'm mean and b!tchy enough in real life, I don't feel like making the effort to be so rude here right now. And I was completely serious about the trainer vs. bf thing, I actually needed some advice on what to do. I'm sick of clogging up the forum with our argument(s) and I'm sorry. Happy? Got off my b!tchy arse and apologized, make you think a little higher? If I admit I'm a b!tch it must mean something.

I apologize. Was a tad hungover. Truce, maybe? I'm mean and b!tchy enough in real life, I don't feel like making the effort to be so rude here right now. And I was completely serious about the trainer vs. bf thing, I actually needed some advice on what to do. I'm sick of clogging up the forum with our argument(s) and I'm sorry. Happy? Got off my b!tchy arse and apologized, make you think a little higher? If I admit I'm a b!tch it must mean something.

hungover? at 16 years old? :o truce ok, but clean up your language and maybe we can ALL talk.

Sounds similar! But mine isn't as strict. That's really taking it to the extreme, don't you think? But the whole red coat thing is just a standard now. For clinics we're only allowed to wear TS's, black field or dress boots, black belt and a long sleeves and collared white shirt or show shirt. For winter clinics same on bottom plus a sweater over a polo because in FL it's never really as cold as it is in NY, where I am for some of the yea.

No, it is not. The fact that you say such a thing shows you are not what you claim. I am calling you on this one.

Edited by High Oxer

I mean that not wearing a red coat unless you are a Hunt Master is the standard now. And the coat isn't actually red, it's "pink" because it was made by the tailor named "Pinque". Lol :)

Mine has a strict code, no bare feet, yup, that about covers it, but then my barn is right across the yard from my house, don't have to impress anyone, just stay safe. Oh and wonderfully dirty and smelly, just like a real horse owner

Mine has a strict code, no bare feet, yup, that about covers it, but then my barn is right across the yard from my house, don't have to impress anyone, just stay safe. Oh and wonderfully dirty and smelly, just like a real horse owner

Isn't that just great. Congrats to you, "real horse owner"

Isn't that just great. Congrats to you, "real horse owner"

So much more satisfying than being a pretend one

Now Now Girls....play nice!

Dondie, when did you live in Norco?

I lived just across the line at the golf course on Parkridge, from 1964, to 1969.

Well, my folks did, and I was home from the Navy sometimes. My youngest sister was even born at NWTS, Norco, when it was all run by the Navy. And, my youngest brother went to, and graduated from Norco High in the first grad class 1969.

I don't think anyone is scared of a mean/b*tchy 16 year old girl... besides, most mean/b*tchy 16 year olds are just ragging, hormonal, spoiled, mouthy thangs that need a couple of good beatings to put their butts in line.

Edited by Blondyy

I'm kinda guessing mommy n daddy

Bought ur horse and I'm sure someone

Else looks after it.

U obviously never learned manners or

Respect ..

Guess kids these days don't know what

A belt across the arse is.

U get respect when u give it!

Hung over lmao ur so kool

What a lovely little brat you appear to be. I bet your parents who are paying for your fancy barn would be so proud. As you are still a minor there is hope that they might choose to monitor your internet usage.

I caught my oldest daughter talking like that online, once. Once was enough for her and her 3 younger siblings to know they never wanted to do it again.

16 isn't even OLD enough to qualify for a "b!tchy" license! Still in "spoiled brat" territory.

hey man, she's long gone, and i think she had some serious family related problems. leave her alone? just a suggestion.