devinaskyestone

Tall Boots!

Hello everyone!

I have been riding in paddock boots and half chaps for the longest time now, because it is nearly impossible to find boots in my size. Anyway, I am looking to transfer into a pair of good schooling boots, but am quickly becoming exasperated! I've seen a couple of people recommending Mountain Horse Boots, but even those don't fit my measurements. My calves are 16" tall, and 13" around. I wear a size 8-8.5, and have generally small ankles. So, I can either find boots that are my height but too wide, or my width but too tall! I ride hard about 5 times a week, and usually about 3 or 4 horses, so I would need a boot that can stand up under a little bit of work. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for brands?

Thanks so much!

As for showing, I will be ordering a pair of custom La Mundial Boots, so they fit perfectly!

get some cheap customs, like La Casa de la Botas. I've heard good things about them, and the one pair I've seen in person was gorgeous, and my friend got them custom for $300 ish. Great deal, IMO, for custom boots.

Look into the Tredsteps or Middleburgs. They're really affordable boots in a variety of sizes and look much more expensive that they actually cost.

I second Chris on the tredsteps. LOVE mine.

I have three pairs of boots - Ariats (which I've had for... well, since I was 16, and they're still going strong!) the Tredsteps which look like a glove on my leg, and my Vogels, which are the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.