Sign in to follow this  
tarafreespirit

8 Year Old Arab Gelding

it's difficult because he's in motion and not standing square. set him up so that he IS standing square and take pictures from the side, front and back (complete view of legs, chest and feet).

otherwise it's impossible to judge anything when he's all stretched out like that. (in fact the picture itself looks like it's elongated). pretty horse though.

it's difficult because he's in motion and not standing square. set him up so that he IS standing square and take pictures from the side, front and back (complete view of legs, chest and feet).

otherwise it's impossible to judge anything when he's all stretched out like that. (in fact the picture itself looks like it's elongated). pretty horse though.

^^ditto. He does look cresty in the neck, so watch his diet.

I think that you have a nice horse. Starting from the head and moving back I like his head. He has a nice big, round jaw. His neck is a little short, however it has a nice shape to it. The horse is in good weight and has a healthy coat. I am unsure of shoulder angle from this picture. His back is a decent length but I am not thrilled about his croup as I feel it is to short and is to slanted.

Ideally the croup should be flat and long in an Arabian.

Thats my opinion in a nutshell.

He looks happy and loved and that's wonderful! Nothing that I can see should lead to an unsoundness due to conformation.