Sign in to follow this  
bigreddog

I Want An Update On Everyone's Riding Lives!

Soooo.. literally this place is a ghost town!! But I want to know how everyone is doing!! pretty pleaseeee

Rex is great.. teaching my mom how to jump around, and still jumps around with me occassionaly.. he is 17 now :shocked:

How is everyone and their equines!?

getting jumped out of the tack:

rexjump2_zps1f9595fb.png

rexjump_zps85c26288.jpg

Rex looks awesome! Do you still have Gus? How is he?

I'm finally home from Alabama where I was a working student for a wonderful trainer all summer. I really got to ride some really neat horses, go to the horse shows and learn the ins and outs of the horse sale business. So cool!

On Friday I will be heading back up to school to complete my senior year. It's crazy to me how fast these last four years have passed!

Hmmmm....

My riding life consists of....

Me going out every once in a blue moon.

I live in San Francisco now. About sixty miles south of where Shorty lives. So, I get out there and play with him and groom him maybe once every two weeks if that :(

Sad face.

Which trainer in what area? I'm in Alabama :)

Your big guy looks good! I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you! I still have my old Arab gelding Benny, and since my last barn retired, I'm at an eventing barn now and he is not being used as a school horse and therefore is riding quite well now! We have our first event in Oct. I also got a new mare last Jan and she is hopefully going to be a super dressage horse.

Indy is fantastic! I had some major issues with him earlier this year and the previous year was a little iffy. It was to the point where I was going to retire him because things just stopped working out. However, we broke through that and i'm happy I didn't give up on him. We even got back into the show ring!! I quit back in 09 due to it just not being fun anymore and family was making it worse. We had a fantastic first show back and I can't wait till our next one. I have the best coach I could ask for right now and a barn that I don't ever intend to move from.

I still ride lots and we're still just as addicted to jumping as we used to be :)

Indy boy is 15 now! I bought the goof when he was 9, my crazy kid is growing up.

1146561_10153127518445244_587824979_n.jp

Which trainer in what area? I'm in Alabama :)

Your big guy looks good! I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you! I still have my old Arab gelding Benny, and since my last barn retired, I'm at an eventing barn now and he is not being used as a school horse and therefore is riding quite well now! We have our first event in Oct. I also got a new mare last Jan and she is hopefully going to be a super dressage horse.

Sarah Scheiring out of Windwood Equestrian. Birmingham area.

Holy crap!!!! lol! You were like thirty min from me. So you must have met Mia, she had that biggish chestnut, Ruler. And her little sister and Willow.

This is so weird lol.

Holy crap!!!! lol! You were like thirty min from me. So you must have met Mia, she had that biggish chestnut, Ruler. And her little sister and Willow.

This is so weird lol.

Loveeeee Mia and Reese!

Well lets see here. It's been awhile.

Jasper is good. Pretty much completely retired now. Fat and sassy.

Taylor is also retired. And going back to the vet soon to see if we can make him comfy or not..just to be a pasture pet.

My Dads yella horse is doing good.

I was pretty much forced to sell my pretty filly Savvy..

Umm we put Old Lady Whisper down a few weeks ago. She was having a hard time breathing we had her scoped. She's always roared but could always breath. Till it got hot. She had so much scar tissue that she was breathing threw a straw pretty much. And at her age surgery just wasn't the best thing..but she can breath free and easy now.

The same week the above happend my dad got a horse from a guy he works with and he came two days after the trip to the vet.

I wasn't interested in the horse at all till a few days after he got here. Then I rode him and claimed him.

Meet Jake. Not sure if appy or POA but he's about 14.1 ish stocky great mind well trained and just overall trustworthy. Better pictures will follow soon once I get them on the computer.

6365C85B-23B7-443A-AC7D-99A2AB689361-673

8350B21E-F23E-4A38-81FA-EA3FACAAA208-673

B920B8B6-C0B0-4182-AC1E-08C41CDF61BB-673

Hope to be taking him to a few lessons next month. I was for some reason never scared on him. Or nervous. And it's been great :) I'm so happy with him. So my riding is just picking back up after some time off.

I've been eventing training my horse for the past year....haven't actually DONE any events, besides the eventing derby I did late July of last year. But...I've been training! lol

1001536_10151748909783480_1945408610_n.j

971570_10151756542908480_594154170_n.jpg

993614_10151724816333480_1280808708_n.jp

Also been training for a national Cavalry competition (which is basically like eventing, only there is a saber-work course, as well) but the competition got cancelled and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bummed.

1150187_10151775750128480_1611577470_n.j

1170949_10151775753568480_2102550433_n.j

Well things were going great! I was showing regularly in the eventing world and was one qualifying ride away from the novice AEC's this year, then the horse I ride coliced, had to have emergency surgery at texas equine back in April (impaction, they had to work it out and no cutting of the intestines was invloved) and I started riding him again at the end of July! We just did an Allison Springer clinic this past weekend at my barn! We had a blast! Going to Greenwood farms for the Novice championships and going for the classic N3D in November!

Before he had surgery,
2u45x55.jpg

2rhmsg8.jpg

2wc2smc.jpg

Surgery day
15q92py.jpg

s12aup.jpg

2dch1dv.jpg

Last week!
xpoos8.jpg

Storey, that second pic is amazing! I'm so in awe of you and your bravery. I'd be closing my eyes and screaming as we went over that lol. And he looks so happy and healthy in the last one. :)

I haven't jumped in about a year. I quit with my h/j coach because things were not going well. I wasn't enjoying my rides and it was reflecting in my horse. The two of us were miserable and he was so unhappy so I made the decision to find a new coach. I decided to go back to my dressage roots and found a dressage coach that I love. We get along really well, I love her teaching style and both Oliver and I are much more relaxed and are having tons of fun. We're showing First Level at our first dressage show together at the end of this month. Yay.

I've given up on trying to sell him because apparently there is no market for ponies that can only be ridden by small adults. So I'm just going to ride him for fun because I'm short and I really don't need to sell him and I have no other goals other than to just enjoy my pony. :D

I don't have a pic of me riding, but here's one I took this afternoon. I got a new helmet so I had to take a pic lol. He's so unimpressed with his fly bonnet.

1176161_10151846505042674_1659883668_n.j

My job position was eliminated earlier this year so I'm unemployed looking for work without much success. My Father died and I really miss him. I turned 50 today and I'm not happy about that at all.

Story- I must now be in your area! I'm not doing greenwood b/c is recognized and I'm cheap! lol. But maybe I'll see you around! That bay horse looks fantastic!

PSmitty - I'm sorry things are rough right now. Lots of virtual hugs to you and keep your chin up.

It will be a year next week Thursday (also my birthday) since I sold Joker. He is doing well at his new home and his owner really enjoys him.

I have been continuing to ride and take lessons at my trainer's farm. I primarily ride a WB/QH gelding named Mars. I really enjoy him. He was off for a month with lameness issues, but now has front shoes and is doing much, much better. He had a lot of bruising in his toes. While he was off, I rode a QH mare named ChaCha, who is greener, but tries very hard. I've also been grooming horses for my trainer and really just enjoying the horses.