chino is neato007

What Does Everybody Do For Work?

Now retired, but used to work at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center inside Edwards Air Force base.

Now I mostly just make stuff in my shop, ride my mare on ETI Corral rides, and clean,cook, and mange to wreck the house and contents. I volunteer with the Antelope Valley Conservancy, and the Saddleback Park horse back riders.

I do play too much on this box we call the computer though!!

dogsinsnowsaddlebackclubdogsatbe-16.jpg

I also get to see lots of these!!!

4x4triptoelpasomtns001.jpg

Edited by siseley

I am a high school band director. In the midst of football season, I rarely get to spend much time with my horses, and I hate that! But I love getting to teach kids who truly want to be in your class.

I am a personal care assistant for 5 Autistic children. I go to their home and work with them...well, sort of. More or less babysit them. Sometimes it's really tough, but the kids love me so that makes it worth it.

No. The parents are interesting. They're actually quite difficult to work with, sadly. The 5 kids are all siblings, and the parents don't like separating the kids for whatever reason, and they also don't want anyone else to really be in charge of their kids...hence they are there most of the time when I am watching the kids. I wish they would try though. A couple of the kids have expressed interest in riding horses but the parents don't do any therapies or anything with the kids, except for the oldest who is in counseling. It's kind of sad actually. The kids just live on electronics constantly and don't do anything else besides that and school.

Yep it is. They also have a horrible diet so are fidgety, sick, hyper, and unable to focus most of the time. So I just sit there at the house and don't do much. I have so far made a few changes (the parents just don't care what I do) and the kids have electronics taken away at dinner time. I also make sure that I get them doing some sort of physical activity between end of school and bedtime. Usually it's wrestling or playing tag in the house. I also tell them about different things and they are usually pretty curious about stuff so I get to teach them. It's not all bad and I'm paid well.

I'm a certified nurse assistant and I work for a good sized hospital in a kind of neat capacity. The hospital owns a facility that is completely dedicated to hospice. I work there, third shift, taking care of the dying (and their families). Greatest. Job. Ever.

I am a school bus driver, and during the summer, I do house painting.

Edited by N4L

AlexS- that does sound like very rewarding work. But do you ever worry about your safety? Or your belongings?

I worry about my belongings more than my own safety. But if something gets stolen, that's really on me, as I should be watching them all the time. It's why I spend so much time online, as they are in the living room with me. But I am human, and I need to pee from time to time. I tend to store anything important in my bedroom, which has a lock on it. As I keep alcohol in there too, and that needs to be locked away.

Only three times have I worried about my own safety. Twice the other kids stepped in, I quietly pooped my pants while trying to act like I wasn't concerned at all, but once a 21 year old grabbed me by the hair and repeatedly pulled my head into his knee. That hurt, and he was detained, as the agency pressed charges. Shortly after he was released, he robbed a bank at gun point and was sentenced to 5-15 years, of which he has served 3. He still writes to me all the time, and phones me on my birthday ever year.

Tins, that's terrible. I have not heard of a family having so many kids all with the same issues. It sounds like they are overwhelmed and so not open to hearing changes. But it sounds like they really need some fairly drastic changes in their life.