Sign in to follow this  
Norcalracer88

Oh Boy I Did It This Time!

So a client of mine as been looking to buy her first horse and she's really fond of the Tennessee Walking Horses. So I found her this super cute late 3yo buckskin twh mare. Nicely started undersaddle and remaining in training with me.

Even better us the owner is a local breeder of twh and missouri foxtrotters with a main focus in the curly gene....well jokingly I ask her if she has anything she wants to fill one of the extra 3 slots in my trailer with.....well she did.... and this is what I got to come home with for myself along with my clients new mare!

We've purchased 2 other twh from her in the past few years. One is a 5yo blk/wht sabino gelding who is amazing and beginners ride him and also his son who I believe is either a year or coming two. (5yo was bred as a 3yo then gelded)

Temporarily called 'Firecracker'. I get to register him and pick his name (so any name ideas are welcome!)

He is a 5mo sorrel sabino Missouri Fox Trotter and oh boy am I excited to play with this little boy in the morning. I'll get better photos tomorrow, he gets his feet trimmed in the morning. Enjoy for now!

IMAG4845_zpsecd85314.jpg

IMAG4847_zpse81bb1e6.jpg

IMAG4849_zps2c86ef90.jpg

IMAG4860_zps63dd5c4b.jpg

IMAG4857_zps357f31f2.jpg

Edited by Norcalracer88

Haha Heidi you are more than welcome to come out!

Thank you for all the compliments he's a wonderful little stud colt. Just got his feet done and he was a total gentleman for his first time.

I have a couple registered names picked out but if anyone has any thoughts...here are his parents lines

Dam

www.allbreedpedigree.com/touchs+golden+tess

Sire

www.allbreedpedigree.com/zgc+tahoe

So far I am calling him Gunner and my favorite reg name I came up with so far is MTR Fetch My Guns

First time walking around our property

IMAG4874_zpsb7117f70.jpg

First time seeing cows haha he wasn't so sure about it

IMAG4875_zpse8752f20.jpg

First time getting trimmed

IMAG4879_zps4aaea165.jpg

Standing tied like a big kid

IMAG4877_zpsb367ac52.jpg

I'm so thrilled with this boy he's so sweet natured and easy to work with!

Here's a little pic from tonight's trailer loading :) and also size comparison haha Gunner is only 5mo and I am 5'3" I have a feeling he's going to be a big boy!

IMG_20131112_092151_zpsb0de616f.jpg

Eta- I know his halter is a little large. The foal halters are way too small weanling halter I have fits ok but I don't have enough 'tail' on it and this is the yearling size I have. I have a nylon halter that fits him but when we do our little training sessions I prefer to use a rope halter so he doesn't learn to lean on the pressure

Edited by Norcalracer88

My colt was about that big at about that age. When I sold him at two he was 15.2 in the front and 16hh in the back and measuring out to hit 16.2.

So, yeah...I think you are gonna get a big one!

You bought one of the foals from Mountain Trails Ranch :yahoo:

Gunner is a really cute colt!

I can see why you couldn't resist loading that sweet boy into your trailer!

I know a lady that bought two curly MFTs from there about the time I bought my MFT Sienna. They have some really nice mares and studs. They also handle all their foals on a daily basis and that will help as you and Gunner progress.

I like their stud Sunny, if I decide to breed Sienna, Sunny is a top contender.

Yes! I got him from Linda at mountain trails ranch! He is the 4th horse we have gotten from her and we love them all. She has an amazing herd of horses!

Edited by Norcalracer88

Here's a little pic from tonight's trailer loading :) and also size comparison haha Gunner is only 5mo and I am 5'3" I have a feeling he's going to be a big boy!

IMG_20131112_092151_zpsb0de616f.jpg

Eta- I know his halter is a little large. The foal halters are way too small weanling halter I have fits ok but I don't have enough 'tail' on it and this is the yearling size I have. I have a nylon halter that fits him but when we do our little training sessions I prefer to use a rope halter so he doesn't learn to lean on the pressure

He's huge!! In that pic, he looks like a Clydesdale.

He's huge!! In that pic, he looks like a Clydesdale.

LOL! Now that you mentioned it, he DOES! Now I can't get "Clydesdale" out of my head. LOL

Haha thanks! Yeah it that pic he does look like a clydesdale!

Here are some cute photos from today!

Playing with his feed pan tonight! He's so silly!

IMAG4893_zpsf067ee1a.jpg

I'm a certified bodyworker and after a little hynie massage he kept backing up to me for some butt rubs haha

IMG_20131113_102854_zpsba6233dd.jpg

And here he is with the mare we had originally gone to get. She's a 3 coming 4yo TWH

IMAG4898_zpsa1dcbd64.jpg

I'll be getting his registration photos tomorrow so I'll be posting them tomorrow :) so enjoy these for now :)

So I didn't get any photos today as it was a busy day at the ranch with 4 new loads if peagravel and ab rock and moving our hay container( big steel container like you see on trains or cargo ships) and lessons, but I did have about 30 min before everything started to work with Baby Guns in our obstacle arena. So we mastered crossing the scary tarp, the horse eating troll bridge, the quicksand old tires, and the disappearing staircase haha. I wish I had video to share from today as it was quite hilarious to watch him take his first few steps on all the obstacles, BUT he took them all in stride and he was a fantastic and willing partner today!

Edited by Norcalracer88

Very handsome Clydes..err twh you got there. Sounds like he has the smarts and willingness we all seek in our horses. Congrats on getting Gunner.