steph1

The Official What's For Dinner Thread!

After a big lunch yesterday I got home and had a small venison stick and a second one a couple hours later. Probably be so hungry by lunch today I'll be eating my shoes.

Venison stick.....shoes...how can you tell the difference? :unsure:

...kidding....just kidding........... :surrender:

good venison sticks. Moist and stuffed with cheese... Now the venison jerky I make is a toss up with my old boots... Ok, the boots smell better :sick:

ROTFLMAO!!! Tonight I'm making butternut squash soup and debating on breaking out the bread maker and baking a loaf of whole wheat bread for grilled cheese sandwiches. My crock pots getting a workout this week. I think maybe tomorrow maybe Chilli in the crock!

good venison sticks. Moist and stuffed with cheese... Now the venison jerky I make is a toss up with my old boots... Ok, the boots smell better :sick:

:rotf: ..... I make an excellent venison roast, have not had venison for quite some time, but, thinking about it makes my mouth water.

Leftovers for us, tonight. One advantage to being empty-nesters is that there is usually two meals worth every time I cook. I am getting better at learning how to cook for two.

We too are empty nesters but I don't cook for two....I cook for 4 or 6 and freeze the leftovers. That way I'm only cooking about a 1/3 of the time. I know a lot of people don't like leftovers and won't eat them but we have no problem eating leftovers. We also don't eat the same thing in just a few days.....I'll wait a couple weeks or so before I bring out whatever I fixed. We have 2 chest freezers so I do have lots and lots of freezer space. The only thing that really isn't good as leftovers is fish.....I just can't eat fish reheated. Oh and grilled steak.....you have to eat steak fresh off the grill.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUTTA MY MOUTH! LOL!

Yer a good sport! All kidding aside, I loooove venison jerky. I do not mind venison in general...not steaks, though.

We too are empty nesters but I don't cook for two....I cook for 4 or 6 and freeze the leftovers. That way I'm only cooking about a 1/3 of the time. I know a lot of people don't like leftovers and won't eat them but we have no problem eating leftovers. We also don't eat the same thing in just a few days.....I'll wait a couple weeks or so before I bring out whatever I fixed. We have 2 chest freezers so I do have lots and lots of freezer space. The only thing that really isn't good as leftovers is fish.....I just can't eat fish reheated. Oh and grilled steak.....you have to eat steak fresh off the grill.

I am very grateful for my non-picky, easy-going husband. He'll just eat a PB and J if he doesn't feel like eating leftovers. Can't make him do that for a whole week, but yeah...

My husband sounds a lot like your's, Gh.....he'll eat anything...he WILL eat the same thing all week...it's been tested... :happy0203:

Got my roast in the crock pot, with potatoes and carrots, I put in a yam I had, too, don't know how it'll turn out, but........

Oh yummy equi! I'm not sure how my soup will turn out. I'm a tad worried. LOL oh well hubby and the kids will have to choke it down. Me I'm not hungry. ROTFLMAO j/k!

rotisserie chicken. that i bought. i had to do the prep for my vegan lunch tomorrow so figured i could use the animal protein.

I have no idea what I'm having tonight. There is some chicken stock on the stove, so probably chicken n dumplings, or chicken and noodles.

Oh yummy equi! I'm not sure how my soup will turn out. I'm a tad worried. LOL oh well hubby and the kids will have to choke it down. Me I'm not hungry. ROTFLMAO j/k!

I always try, at least, to cook a good dinner, even though, I very seldom eat much of it, not because it's not good, but, because I eat very light at the evening meal, I hate feeling overstuffed , if all I'm doing afterwards, is watching TV.

Edited by equicrzy

rotisserie chicken. that i bought. i had to do the prep for my vegan lunch tomorrow so figured i could use the animal protein.

Love those. Cost about the same as a frozen whole chicken and they're already cooked. I get a couple meals and then use the leftovers for chicken soup.

The usual: fruit and a protein bar. I always eat my main meal at lunch in the company cafeteria.

What you are all eating sounds so much better.

M.

OH GREAT!!!!!

I put my roast in the crock pot at 11am, turned the dial to, " high", it's supposed to take 5 hours on high and, went about doing some cleaning.

I just realized, I'm not smelling it, by now, I should be.....checked it, it's just barely warm....the dial was not set on high, but, in between low and high.............I hadn't turned it far enough!!

So, we should be eating at around 7.

Oh crap equi!!! The soup was really good. Tomorrow nights dinners venison stew in the crock. LOL I'm being lazy this week.

Thai stir fry bowl over brown rice with chicken from Z'Mericks. Tomorrow, either the last of my left overs or lentil stew. Otherwise, the lentil stew will be Friday night. I'm *trying* to eat healthy...

Tracy

I'm hoping hubby freaking actually shoots several this year. We got only 1 last yr. I'd LOVE to get an entire deer ground up for burger. But that's only if I get more then 1 deer. LOL

Fiancé had a basketball game, so we grabbed subway afterwards. I had a club on 9-grain honey oat bread, yummy!

Last night we had a salad and perogies sautéed in onion, garlic, and olive oil, and some leftover rotisserie chicken mixed in.

LOL I've been lazy hence crock pot over load workout. I love the set it and forget it meals.

Umm....hostess donettes and chocolate milk?

:rotf: Oh, a girl after my own heart! :happy0203:

I have a very full afternoon so I think I am doing Italian Wonderpot. The recipe has been floating around Facebook, and several friends have said it is wonderful and easy...right up my alley!

Last night I made a SUPER DUPER easy creamy sausage pasta dish.

Heat a wee bit of olive oil, when it's hot, add your choice of veggies. I've done cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, zuch, bell peppers, onions, etc. Saute for a couple minutes till soft, then add a package of italian sausage. Your choice of mild or hot. If you don't want veggies, then skip that step. Just brown the sausage.

When the sausage is nice and cooked, add a cup of heavy cream. The little bitty cartons of heavy cream are pretty much exactly 1 cup. Heat/boil until it gets thicker. That's just a few minutes. Pour the creamy sausage over hot cooked pasta, top with fresh grated parm cheese and a little s & p and call it GOOD.

Tonight I'm making baked chili cheese dogs and an apple slaw salad.

Tomorrow I'm making tomato/fresh mozerella/avocado grilled sandwiches. DS will just have a regular ham/cheese grilled sandwich since he's a wuss. I imagine we'll still have some of that slaw salad left for tomorrow, and I'll make a batch of jello before I leave in the morning. I've got a ton of "questionable" clementines that I'll just toss in that.