steph1

The Official What's For Dinner Thread!

I have all the recipes in PDF format if anyone wants a copy.. PM with your email.

I would love a copy, PM sent.

We are having pork and peanut stir-fry tonight.

We are having the pork and peanut stir-fry today. Hubby came home yesterday and said "Lets go out to dinner and then go shopping for new clothes for you" Of course I had to say yes :) He's a keeper.

I made bacon cheeseburger soup in the crockpot last night. Not too bad!

1 lb ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes
shredded/thinly sliced carrots
1-2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 cups chicken broth

diced onion

8 oz block of cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes

salt and pepper

1 tsp parsley

1 tsp oregano

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup milk

1/4 cup flour

Cook meats, drain fat.
Dump everything except cheddar cheese, milk and flour into the pot. Give it a good stir and let it sit on low for the day.
10 minutes before serving, whisk to combine the flour and milk, until smooth and no clumps. Pour that into the crockpot, dump in the bag of cheese and give it another good stir. Give it a few minutes and it'll thicken it up nicely.
Served with cut up dill pickles! Mmmm!

Tonight I'm making salsa pasta. Prepare spaghetti, as normal. Meat, spag sauce, noodles, etc. Dump it into a 9x13 pan, stir in a jar of salsa. Top with cheese and bake it at 350 for 40 or so minutes.

Edited by chino is neato007

I made my mom's meat sauce last night.. yummm

1.5 lb ground beef

1 can stewed tomatoes

½ jar spaghetti sauce (classicao – Italian sausage/peppers/onions)

1 can tomato sauce (small)

1 tbl vinegar

1 tbl worcestshire sauce

1 tsp chilli powder

1 clove garlic

1 tsp oregano

½ tsp tobasco sauce

1 bay leaf

Brown hamburger, add spices, add liquids.

Asian style chicken fried steak, garlic smashed potatoes and steamed veggies.

For the steak, pound thin, finely mince fresh garlic and ginger and add to steak. Add soy sauce and 1 egg. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then dredge in flour, salt and pepper and fry. All measurements are to taste.

Bean and Kielbasa soup tonight.

10 oz (half of a bag) of 15 or 16 bean soup (dried beans)
5 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth

1 can diced tomatoes

sliced and diced carrots

diced celery

ring of kielbasa sausage
dried thyme, to taste.

Boil and simmer the beans and chicken broth for 1 hour in large pot on the stove. Transfer to crockpot, add remaining ingredients and let it sit on low for the day.
I'm not using legit kielbasa, but still that same rope/ring of sausage. One is cheddar sausage and the other is just beef. DH always complains that soups are too "soupy" so I added more ingredients. I threw in a few potatoes too because I had some on hand anyways.

Pizza bread tonight! Easy and cheap -- my two favorite things.

Get yourself one of those big soft French breads. Cut it in half, hot dog style. Slop on pizza sauce (I've been known to use spaghetti sauce if that's all I have) and add toppings. Meats, veggies, cheese. Throw it in the oven at 350 for 10 or so minutes, until melty perfection.

I'll make broccoli and slice a few apples to enjoy too!

Mushroom, onion, zucchini, lots of garlic and shrimp sauteed in butter/olive oil and tossed with pasta. Served with some Parmesan cheese on top. Quick, easy, yummy and the kiddo loves it.

First I burnt my dinner. Really burnt it. I had a fire in the oven. Then I over cooked fava beans ... I ate the disaster while watching foodnetwork ... Oh the irony. Now I'm having a glass of wine. Finally.

We went out for lunch yesterday and were so completely stuffed that I didn't cook supper. I made eggs and toast for DS when he was hungry and that was it.
Tonight we're meeting my inlaws for supper so I got lucky again!

On the menu this week: easy Korean beef, chicken/spinach/rice quesadillas, and a tater tot breakfast bake.

Shrimp scampi tonight. Yuck! Hubby wanted it, I will have to find something else to eat since im not a shrimp fan.

We have beef veggie soup, fish tacos, turkey bacon BLT's and chicken and rice on the menu this week.