Comet98

I Need A List Of Fun Things To Do With My Horse!

Ok, I have always wanted to make cool videos with my horse like Youtube accounts have where they mash different like 2 second videos together and i wanted a BIG list of fun things to do with my horse in the summer, winter, what type of games to do with her, what to work with her on, tricks, ground work,ANYTHING. i'm attempting to make a list right now but am drawing a blank for everything i could possibly do with her other than the basics. So make lists below for me please! :)

there are about a gazillion things--use your imagination girl!! google circus tricks, ground work programs, you can teach her all kinds of fun stuff. one thing that not every horse knows how to do is play soccer. get yourself a horseball, i read that your horse is over 15 hands, so i wouldn't get anything smaller than 1.20 meters in diameter.

the horses at our barn unroll carpets, play soccer, jump over flaming fences, stand on pedestals, jump over cows lying down, burst inflated balloons with their feet, lie down, kneel or sit. one even picks up his owner's hat on the ground in his teeth and hands it to her :P .

My little horse shakes hands, marches in place, smiles, does a half-bow, comes when called (mostly), and opens and closes the arena gate for me when I'm in the saddle. He is also learning to fetch a towel. Right now, I throw it, he walks up to it with me following, and he picks it up and hands it to me about 70% of the time. When that's 100%, then I'll work on having him bring it back to me.

I don't work on the tricks too often, as I don't have much free time. The "trick" to trick training is short lessons done in stages.

Good luck.

M.