PeppySue

Texas People #6

Hahaha thank you Heidi! That's a cute one. Those suckers are harder to make than they look! 

Plumber stayed late and finished the shower and installed the light, heater/blower in the ceiling. Guess where I am showering this morning?!! So stoked!

They measured for the glass and it will take 7-10 days. Ugh, thank goodness it's large enough to not need the glass to shower.

Busy day, be glad when everything is loaded, transported, set up and I can enjoy being with all the people we love. Ya'll have a great day! 

Lyra’s Baby shower was a so much fun! The venue is a 100 year old schoolhouse in the country that is used for the community center now. My daughter was married there four years ago on the 17th so it has a special place in her heart.

On to the pics. The last photo is the constellation she’s named for.

66A9112A-B726-4C3F-B0CC-4CD03A8CD267.jpeg

3CA0E2B1-7699-4382-A994-7CD314D50577.jpeg

BC7E1E46-A432-4280-A842-C916CA97FBF6.jpeg

99ADCF75-4EA6-4817-AACD-CBFF3C5662AA.jpeg

02FC2007-2207-4ADF-B5AA-BF32A21F4584.jpeg

4EB64033-D358-4F1C-8E24-86BE73F2D3A1.jpeg

E1A19F9B-1CA2-4E8D-A32D-133E8796EA45.jpeg

2DC1A5A0-B0F2-4052-A079-41208A061FEE.jpeg

When is your daughter due?  I bet you can't wait!  Cute name they picked out, I like names that aren't common.

That diaper cake is AWESOME!  I love her name and that the constellation was featured and what a special venue for the shower!

Equi, she’s due Jan. 18th. So far my daughter has been able to not require insulin for her GD. Her Dr. Told her he might have to induce if Lyra’s birth weight becomes a problem but so far she’s right where she should be.

I am so over this Reno, my house is so filthy! I want to decorate for Christmas but there’s no sense to it. Paint is finally going on the walls. The painter was so fast getting the first coat on the bedroom walls, it should be done by quitting time tomorrow and hopefully the barn door will hung.

Guess what? It’s been snowing since 7:30. Starting to white over. I can’t wait to wake up to see it. Crazy horses freaked out when it started, running all over the pastures, slipping in the mud OY! Now they’re under the barn roof and Paisley has had her head sticking out in the snow. Smh she does that with rain too...weirdo.

You sound like a very excited expectant Grandma, I wonder why!!! Just never know that grandchild just might be here for Christmas.  Remodeling a house, can be a mess, but the end result is often worth what you have to put up with.  So hang in there.  Best Wishes.  PD

5 hours ago, grimmie said:

Equi, she’s due Jan. 18th. So far my daughter has been able to not require insulin for her GD. Her Dr. Told her he might have to induce if Lyra’s birth weight becomes a problem but so far she’s right where she should be.

I am so over this Reno, my house is so filthy! I want to decorate for Christmas but there’s no sense to it. Paint is finally going on the walls. The painter was so fast getting the first coat on the bedroom walls, it should be done by quitting time tomorrow and hopefully the barn door will hung.

Guess what? It’s been snowing since 7:30. Starting to white over. I can’t wait to wake up to see it. Crazy horses freaked out when it started, running all over the pastures, slipping in the mud OY! Now they’re under the barn roof and Paisley has had her head sticking out in the snow. Smh she does that with rain too...weirdo.

Metal roof? Some horses can't stand the sound of rain on metal so they stick their heads out.

4 hours ago, noponies said:

Metal roof? Some horses can't stand the sound of rain on metal so they stick their heads out.

Hadn’t thought of that, could be. I’ve stood under that roof and it’s so high, it’s not that loud. I think she just prefers to be out in it but didn’t want to get too far from the hay ring. Crazy thing grazed through most of the rain we got from Harvey.

Thank you PD, hope you and your family are finding peace after your loss. :huggy:

Crew showed up with an extra man this morning :yay: lost the painter to back muscle spasms :( poor guy I can empathize completely.

Paul and I have our yearly skin check at the Dermatologist this morning. I forgot to shave my legs last night. OY got a forest going on but I think he’s seen it before. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

872C2E4E-758D-4EA8-842F-4563C5C5FC7F.jpeg

F1794E43-1D6D-45D0-9AAA-49A5FD12A28E.jpeg

B6E0F86F-ACEA-4D0A-A262-645751E604DC.jpeg

6004FEC2-0CDA-4561-A6BA-7C7BFB763A0D.jpeg

QH, You have as much snow on the ground as we do, but our's will probably stay until next spring now, but your's will no doubt, be gone quickly.  My daughter lives about 35 miles from Waco, & she went back to Texas yesterday morning,  hope she didn't hit any snow going back. PD

It is trying to sleet here.  It could possibly turn to snow by evening.  Need to take Louie (kitty) to vet for digestive upset.  A convenia shot usually puts him right for several months.

15 hours ago, noponies said:

My barn roof is metal, Sam will go in, he hates getting wet more, than the sound of the rain on the roof, Abby, sticks her head out.

Heidi, hope the shot set Louie to rights. Did you ever get snow?

PD, I think the Waco area was the first to get snow on Thursday. I’m thinking she missed it in Texas, hope so any way. Our son was headed to his deer lease in Estelline late Thursday evening and drove out of the sloppy weather before he hit Ft. Worth. It was in the teens up in the pan handle but clear as it can get. He sent some gorgeous photos of the vast landscape that is North Texas.

Equi, I guess we just have some quirky ponies.

The remodel is complete! Crew left Friday evening. I’m still waiting on the clean up and staging crew to show up, where is HGTV when you need them? Yesterday was a busy day, clean up, washing bedding, hanging curtains and finally a sunny day to stain the front door. Still lots to do before I can decorate for Christmas.

When we went to hang the bathroom mirrors (I repainted the mounts powdered bronze to match the new fixtures) the bushings and screws are nowhere to be found. They are just 3 years old, I don’t wish to replace them! :bang_head: Not sure how we’ll solve this.

I need to get cleaned up, picking up the nursery glider and ottoman we got for Lyra’s nursery. Hope your day is restful before a new work week begins.

Louie is feeling like his old self, racing around the house and full of purrs again!

We did get a powdered sugar dusting of snow early Saturday.  This was about 7:30am and three hours later it had turned to rain and was gone.

Image may contain: house, sky and outdoor

8 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Louie is feeling like his old self, racing around the house and full of purrs again!

We did get a powdered sugar dusting of snow early Saturday.  This was about 7:30am and three hours later it had turned to rain and was gone.

Image may contain: house, sky and outdoor

What a pretty setting.....Christmas..y.

Heidi, that looks to be about the amount we got. I was just happy for the experience last big snow I saw was 1960, Houston got 6 in.

You have such a beautiful home! How long have you been in that house, I think I remember when you purchased it.

Didn’t get a lot done today. The kids borrowed our truck to pick up the nursery rocker we got them. Then we stopped by a friends Christmas open house where I ate far too much sugar.

Daughter is feeling over whelmed by her gestational diabetes which despite her best efforts diet wise...seems to be getting worse. Her fasting blood sugar has been high and she’s thinking her Dr. may put her in hospital for 48 hrs. to monitor her before putting her on insulin. She’s 5 weeks from delivery, I told her it’s a short time to do what’s best for Lyra, it will be over as soon as she delivers. I’m going over later this week to help her sort the huge pile of baby gifts which I think will be a distraction and give her peace of mind when it’s sorted, washed, folded, and put away.

What if your husband needs to use the tractor for something.....unhitch the deer?  Lol..

We bought the house about 18mo ago and love it.  

The red tractor doesn't run.  It blew a radiator gasket something-or-other after less than 2hrs of running and husband hasn't had the time to fool with it.  We have another tractor and he uses that one for everything.  I think he wants to sell the red one.  I have mixed feelings because to keep it, that would be the most expensive yard decoration ever.

3 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

We bought the house about 18mo ago and love it.  

The red tractor doesn't run.  It blew a radiator gasket something-or-other after less than 2hrs of running and husband hasn't had the time to fool with it.  We have another tractor and he uses that one for everything.  I think he wants to sell the red one.  I have mixed feelings because to keep it, that would be the most expensive yard decoration ever.

Oooohh....that 'splains it......now I remember, your husband bought a new tractor.

Edited by equicrzy

Hey!

Shower doors were installed yesterday. YAY!! But the caulk has to cure 48 hours before we can use the shower. So bummed, did not want to risk my life in the claw foot tub. So I’m taking my son’s advice and dirty birding it! :happy0203:

All the towel racks are installed, just have the two bedroom windows left to cover if I'd get off my lazy butt and hem the dang things we'd be done. I'm so wasted, I just want to vegge out and rest my old tired body.

F352A98D-B64E-4D3B-B816-E12797AC1248.jpeg

E85FB949-6665-4A07-85FD-31590A5FE709.jpeg

11 hours ago, grimmie said:

Hey!

Shower doors were installed yesterday. YAY!! But the caulk has to cure 48 hours before we can use the shower. So bummed, did not want to risk my life in the claw foot tub. So I’m taking my son’s advice and dirty birding it! :happy0203:

All the towel racks are installed, just have the two bedroom windows left to cover if I'd get off my lazy butt and hem the dang things we'd be done. I'm so wasted, I just want to vegge out and rest my old tired body.

F352A98D-B64E-4D3B-B816-E12797AC1248.jpeg

E85FB949-6665-4A07-85FD-31590A5FE709.jpeg

That is so pretty!  I love the tile you picked for the shower, what's it called, if you don't mind, I'm compiling ideas for my next house......

I'm not feeling the remodeling thing anymore, I've decided I can live with my outdated kitchen a while longer, I'm not really wanting to put a bunch of money into it, when I'm planning on selling in a couple years......why leave new stuff for the new people, then have to buy more, later, right?

Well, I feel like I'm rambling, time to relax, probably fall asleep on the couch.

Equi, I understand. It’s so expensive to pay someone to do the work but we’re too old for that now. 

We had to do this remodel, our leveling problems left huge gaps under the French doors and put a crack down the middle of the shower. There were cracks over ever door and window. I hated spending the money but it seems worth it now all the eye sores are gone.

The wall tile is States Nut, it’s imported from Spain through La Platera. Floor and niche back tile is fantastico enigma and the line of accent tile is fantastico Salix. All three tiles are from the same maker.

On 12/13/2017 at 3:59 PM, jubal said:

I so love your new shower!

Thank you Jubal. Feels like a spa in there. The new glass is treated, to prevent water spots. I almost refused to have glass because I was so afraid of our horrible water spots. So glad I got it now.

We might have a baby sooner than we thought. Due date is Jan. 22 but the Dr. Said he won’t let her go longer than 39 weeks because of the gestational diabetes, which puts her around the 17th. :jump:

What you have done looks very nice, when we were younger we did alot of things ourselves, but in recent years we have hired it done. They just take the stress level out of things, & stress is what gets in my way the quickest.  So now you can enjoy.   PD

20 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

What you have done looks very nice, when we were younger we did alot of things ourselves, but in recent years we have hired it done. They just take the stress level out of things, & stress is what gets in my way the quickest.  So now you can enjoy.   PD

PD you hit the nail on the head. Since Paul’s long transplant experience, my tolerance for stress is about 5 on a scale of 1-100.

The amazing contractor who remodeled the bedroom, repaired our buckled floor, all the wall cracks, installed the front door, painted 2 rooms and did other odds and ends charged us just $4,000. We found him when Paul called him down as he was leaving a local restaurant wearing his company T-shirt. This man is a veteran and employs veterans. He made no profit, when Paul pointed this out to him, he said it’s a slow time of year for construction and he just wanted to keep his crew working through the holidays. :wub: I feel too...he knew how much we needed him.

You’re in my thoughts this Christmas PD. :huggy:

2 hours ago, grimmie said:

PD you hit the nail on the head. Since Paul’s long transplant experience, my tolerance for stress is about 5 on a scale of 1-100.

The amazing contractor who remodeled the bedroom, repaired our buckled floor, all the wall cracks, installed the front door, painted 2 rooms and did other odds and ends charged us just $4,000. We found him when Paul called him down as he was leaving a local restaurant wearing his company T-shirt. This man is a veteran and employs veterans. He made no profit, when Paul pointed this out to him, he said it’s a slow time of year for construction and he just wanted to keep his crew working through the holidays. :wub: I feel too...he knew how much we needed him.

You’re in my thoughts this Christmas PD. :huggy:

Life has been busy since Mozelle's funeral,  it is surprising  the amount of things that need to be done, I cleaned house one day, both up stairs & down stairs, I was surprised how dirty both floors were, I don't like dirt either, put a new dishwasher in a mo0nth ago, I think it has been use 3-4 times, it would take a week for me to dirty enough dishes to fill it up, so I just washthem by hand as I use them. My daughter & I spent 2 hours filling out Thank you cards yesterday, but got them all done.  This week I start getting other things straightened out.  Never a dull moment. I do appreciate you keeping in your thoughts this Christmas season.  You are a real lady & good friend. Best Wishes. PD

PD, I have a lot of dishes and silverware just so I  have enough to last until the dishwasher is  full. I run it once a week. But then, washing dishes by hand is one of my least favorite things.

7 hours ago, noponies said:

Odd how life works to keep us going, isn't it?

Staying busy is a good thing, but then I don't have to move as fast as I did when I was 20,  so staying busy at 70, has a whole new meaning.

6 hours ago, jubal said:

PD, I have a lot of dishes and silverware just so I  have enough to last until the dishwasher is  full. I run it once a week. But then, washing dishes by hand is one of my least favorite things.

Washing dishes was one of my first jobs after getting out of military,  so 50 years later I'm still doing it, but by choice, & not 8 hours a day, I cut firewood for a couple hours, thought I worked so hard, I had a bowel of ice cream tonight.  PD