PeppySue

Texas People #6

Paul loves washing dishes but I can’t get him to put them away. He piles them so high in the drainer, I’m scared to approach! :rotf:

I suppose in time, you will find a new normal without Mozelle PD. What kind of ice cream was it? We love ice cream but I avoid the Blue Bell when I’m shopping, if it’s on sale, I have to buy each of our favorites.

We’re expecting severe storms later, just when I will be heading home after my hair appointment. Was going to run errands after but will have to get a move on so I can do it before. 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:05 PM, jubal said:

PD, I have a lot of dishes and silverware just so I  have enough to last until the dishwasher is  full. I run it once a week. But then, washing dishes by hand is one of my least favorite things.

Mine too Jubal unless I am p****d off! :D

I can't stand washing dishes by hand.  I did enough of that when I was a kid and in my first house as a newlywed.  I typically run my dishwasher on a light cycle.  Everything is rinsed before going in and I use it mostly to sanitize.  If it is particularly light, I will load in the cat bowls to make it look more full.

1 hour ago, Heidi n Q said:

I can't stand washing dishes by hand.  I did enough of that when I was a kid and in my first house as a newlywed.  I typically run my dishwasher on a light cycle.  Everything is rinsed before going in and I use it mostly to sanitize.  If it is particularly light, I will load in the cat bowls to make it look more full.

Heidi,  Some of the newer dishwashers are to challenging for me to figure out how to use. I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink,  I'm just programed to clean them up. PD

My friend never uses enough dishes to run her dishwasher, either.  She washes by hand and sets them in the dishwasher to drip dry - keeping her counter clear.  

5 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

Heidi,  Some of the newer dishwashers are to challenging for me to figure out how to use. I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink,  I'm just programed to clean them up. PD

But, PD if you put them in the dishwasher, theywon't be in the sink, LOL. And my dishwasher has two buttons to push. However, it takes forever to finish. I usually start it and go to bed.

5 hours ago, jubal said:

But, PD if you put them in the dishwasher, theywon't be in the sink, LOL. And my dishwasher has two buttons to push. However, it takes forever to finish. I usually start it and go to bed.

jubal,   I just prefer wash them by hand, gives me something to do, & doesn't take long.  PD

Heidi, I HATE hand washing dishes. And I know why...was 8 when I took over the nightly dinner dishes for 6 people. That's when my sister went off to college and left it to me. I stood on a chair because I couldn't reach the faucet. Omg I would put it off, fall asleep and wake up so grumpy to dirty dishes and everyone asleep in bed.

Can't believe Christmas is almost here! Where has this month gone?!!

Haha, QH! When I was that age, one of my chores was the Saturday breakfast dishes. My older sisters were supposed to clean the house on Saturdays. I would go off to my grandparents' house next door early in the morning and my sisters would call me to come home and do the dishes all day long. Late in the afternoon, when my parents were expected home from work, I would go home to face the dishes. By that time, there were lunch dishes too. I can still remember the hardened egg yolk on the plates! When I got married, I made sure we bought a dishwasher before even a clothes washer.

41 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Heidi, I HATE hand washing dishes. And I know why...was 8 when I took over the nightly dinner dishes for 6 people. That's when my sister went off to college and left it to me. I stood on a chair because I couldn't reach the faucet. Omg I would put it off, fall asleep and wake up so grumpy to dirty dishes and everyone asleep in bed.

Can't believe Christmas is almost here! Where has this month gone?!!

Where has the YEAR gone?  Pulled my ham from the freezer this morning and, put it in the fridge.

When you live alone as long as I have, you learn to cook, or eat a lot of garbage. Never much cared for garbage. But pizza is easy. Pound cake is harder.

On 12/22/2017 at 1:19 PM, Heidi n Q said:

Picking up our Prime Rib Roast from the butcher shop today!

Omg Heidi that prime rib is what dreams are made of!!! I prefer eating baked goods over food.

Noponies, homemade pizza is the best! What toppings? Wouldnt an outside pizza oven be so awesome! 

I literally cooked from sunup to sun set yesterday so I’d just have the ham today. Our son came last night for finger foods, he’ll be back after work today and we'll have Christmas then.

The bedroom is slowly getting decorated. Picked up some sale decor from Hobby Lobby. Need some kind of large arcitectural feature over the bed. Finn loves the new bedding, I’ve been taking cat naps with him lately.

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a blessed day.

5C84A162-6759-45E0-B250-D1A677E22EE2.jpeg

0215F33E-DF9D-4C3A-B6C1-886C8D121770.jpeg

Edited by grimmie

5 hours ago, jubal said:

Another tobacco skid! I'm gonna have to get one of those but I don't know where to put it. Finn turned out to be a handsome kitty. 

I’ve been wanting one but never see them here. Walked in to Hobby Lobby and there they had them in two sizes, I think this one was under $15.

He is isn’t he? I wish I could get a proper photo of Finn. He’s such a gorgeous kitty, long soft hair with a gray belly and sweet as the day is long. 

On 12/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, Heidi n Q said:

It is so hard to get good pics of black cats because they soak up all the light and leave you with shadows.

Is that what it is? Makes perfect sense now. He is exceptionally beautiful...I’m not the least bit prejudiced :D but he looks quite common in photos.

I could sure use a huge dose of sunshine and warmer temps. My arthritic body hates the cold well actually it’s the dampness it hates. I do love a dry cold. 

Lyra will be here soon. Dr. is pleased with daughter’s sugar levels. So proud of her, she’s done extremely well controlling her numbers through diet and exercise without insulin. 

Darn kids wouldn’t take them off my hands so...I am doing my best to eat up all the Christmas goodies I made. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it. 

QH,   Do hope your weather warms up, then maybe it will warm up here up north also.   But you'll feel all warm inside when that new grand baby gets here.  Best Wishes.  PD

On 12/28/2017 at 11:10 AM, Proud Dad said:

QH,   Do hope your weather warms up, then maybe it will warm up here up north also.   But you'll feel all warm inside when that new grand baby gets here.  Best Wishes.  PD

We are finally warming today PD. Hoping the dogs will go “sun” themselves outside, give me some peace for a while. 

Hope you are doing well PD.

Christmas is finally packed away. Company tomorrow is a great motivator. Need to clean but I’m wanting to get out and antique. I have a bare corner in the bedroom that needs a chair.

Nursery is ready for our little sweetie. Big brother Trace looks excited doesn’t he! Lol I told daughter she needs to let me rid them of that awful paint color that was there when they moved in, we repainted every room but that one.

FD41251B-1496-4657-B610-3A63B63068AB.jpeg.bfb8350775527c6f5375f10b9975dca6.jpeg

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

I'm doing okay,

20 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Hope you are doing well PD.

I'm doing okay,  just waiting for spring like most everybody else is.  I hope that new bundle of joy gets here soon, as I know you have been waiting a long time for that new grandchild. I hope all goes well for your daughter.   Best Wishes. PD

Hey PD - glad to hear that you are doing well - hope the weather warms up for you and for all of us soon!

Heidi - Thinking of black cat photos, here's recent one of ours -

Frank under a blanket.JPG

On 1/5/2018 at 3:47 PM, Danyel said:

Grimmie, your grandson has really grown up. Nice looking young man.

Yes he has! He’s taller than the entire family now and truly is cool for a teenager. I can’t wait to see him with his baby sister. 

Paul’s brother cancelled on Saturday, they all had the flu. I was a tad happy about it, Paul and I went chair shopping instead. Looking for an over stuffed club chair I can slap a white slip cover on for the bedroom. No luck on the chair but we found antique shudders from France and an old window pane at the coolest shop. They import European tables and architectural pieces. Prices are very reasonable. I’ll share some pics when I’ve styled them in the room.

I need to get a move on, supposed to see The Greatest Showman with the kids at 1:00, then Home Depot and groceries. SIL is cutting salvaged board lengths for me for shelves over the toilet. I want to spray plumbing pipe black for the brackets.

So much to do yet here I sit!

I am on pins and needles this morning. Daughter sees her Dr. at 12:15, he’s going to check her and will decide what day to induce. She has pre eclampsia and GD, so he doesn’t want her going past Monday the 15 th. We very well could be holding Lyra before the weekend. :wub: :jump: