PeppySue

Texas People #6

2 hours ago, grimmie said:

I am on pins and needles this morning. Daughter sees her Dr. at 12:15, he’s going to check her and will decide what day to induce. She has pre eclampsia and GD, so he doesn’t want her going past Monday the 15 th. We very well could be holding Lyra before the weekend. :wub: :jump:

Yay for new grandbabies!

Grandkids are neat, so much fun to spoil them & send them home with mom & dad. I wish everybody the Very Best.  PD

Grand babies are the best! We are expecting #5 at any time. Our daughter was dilated to 3 yesterday and is 39 weeks. 

Best wishes for a an uncomplicated delivery and a healthy baby and momma!

18 hours ago, kdrown said:

Grand babies are the best! We are expecting #5 at any time. Our daughter was dilated to 3 yesterday and is 39 weeks. 

Best wishes for a an uncomplicated delivery and a healthy baby and momma!

Aren’t they though! Our daughter is 39 wks. on Monday. Do you have a baby yet?

We’ve been so busy finishing up the bedroom, I forgot to give an update. No baby yet but she is scheduled to be admitted Tuesday evening for the cervix softener and will be induced Wednesday morning.  

I'm putting together goodie bags for The guys, they’re both big snackers. Told my daughter that way they won’t be leaving her to hit the cafeteria! :D 

We’re about done with the room. Have an antique shelf I painted and distressed to hang over the bed and need to clean and seal an old window frame to hang over the fireplace. I haven’t found my chair yet but daughter suggested I get a rocker glider from the baby store she got hers from. I loved one in particular, a classic boudoir chair with tucks. I’d have to wait about 6 wks. for it to be ulpulstered though.

A06E951E-7559-4B12-86F2-2D34CAA802E3.jpeg

EA4769F1-CC8C-42BF-B324-CE3843C6A7AF.jpeg

7C0BFA9D-5014-4BFC-8D47-BA72C3813C3E.jpeg

All that's left is to paint the bedside tables, dresser and armour but because I have suffered pain with my left hand since painting the shelf, I bought a paint sprayer. The trigger finger pain is worse and yesterday I couldn't hold a fork due to a cramp. But this is the weirdest...my fingers lock and I consciously have to concentrate to get them to bend. Anyone else deal with that?

PS I do know that is not how you spell upholstery! Lol

I just realized, the cedar chest that was my paternal grandmothers is a few years shy of 100 years old. 

Edited by grimmie
Spelling

2 hours ago, grimmie said:

All that's left is to paint the bedside tables, dresser and armour but because I have suffered pain with my left hand since painting the shelf, I bought a paint sprayer. The trigger finger pain is worse and yesterday I couldn't hold a fork due to a cramp. But this is the weirdest...my fingers lock and I consciously have to concentrate to get them to bend. Anyone else deal with that?

PS I do know that is not how you spell upholstery! Lol

I just realized, the cedar chest that was my paternal grandmothers is a few years shy of 100 years old. 

On the locking fingers-- the tendons are swollen and won't slide through the ligaments holding them to the bone. I'm not a doctor but that's how it was explained to me by a hand doctor. You need to baby them (quit painting) until they are back to normal. My thumbs got so bad, I couldn't move them and had to have a "thumb release" in which the ligaments were cut to allow the tendons to slide again. It's also possible to break the tendon which wouldn't allow you to bend the finger.

21 hours ago, jubal said:

On the locking fingers-- the tendons are swollen and won't slide through the ligaments holding them to the bone. I'm not a doctor but that's how it was explained to me by a hand doctor. You need to baby them (quit painting) until they are back to normal. My thumbs got so bad, I couldn't move them and had to have a "thumb release" in which the ligaments were cut to allow the tendons to slide again. It's also possible to break the tendon which wouldn't allow you to bend the finger.

Yikes!! Are you better now? I've had tendon problems before and hand surgery for ganglion cysts and I will avoid that if at all possible. 

Guess I better get back on anti inflammatories. I did chemo for my arthritis for a decade after being diagnosed with arthritis. I hated being a slave to the pharmacy, and having the meds erode my stomach. I weaned off the drugs and got on a supplement regimen that worked but I felt enslaved. The Whole 30 diet was the best, I detoxed a month and ate clean for 3 years avoiding inflammatory foods. Felt amazing but in Jan. 2015, everything in our lifestyle went to crap when Paul had a double lung transplant and spent the next 8 months in hospital/rehab. It has been impossible for me to find the mind set I need to do it again but I am really feeling my age and I don't like it.

I will address the trigger finger though, soon, after our GD arrives next week.

My thumb operation was 13 years ago. It was a breeze for the first one, so I had the other done two weeks later. My other fingers get stiff after tough stuff like trimming the horse's feet. And I try to avoid vibrating tools. That really is the worst thing for them. But my thumbs are fine.

I hear the hand surgery has improved a lot and they can do the carpal tunnel one with keyhole surgery. But I'd rather not go there.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, jubal said:

My thumb operation was 13 years ago. It was a breeze for the first one, so I had the other done two weeks later. My other fingers get stiff after tough stuff like trimming the horse's feet. And I try to avoid vibrating tools. That really is the worst thing for them. But my thumbs are fine.

I hear the hand surgery has improved a lot and they can do the carpal tunnel one with keyhole surgery. But I'd rather not go there.

I'd rather not go there either. All my problems are with my left hand which is dominant.

Daughter just called. She had slurred speech for about 5 min. She took her BP and it was 194/120. She's headed to the ER. When I hear what the Dr. Is going to do, I'll head that way. 

I pray she doesn't have to have a Csec. To make matters worse, we have a wet freezing cold front be here soon making travel dangerous.

Be careful, Grimmie. Wishing your daughter the best. They may keep her because of the weather coming in.

Thank you all. She's fine now, they sent her home after monitoring her BP for a few hours. PB was down to normal before they let her go. They tested for and ruled out pre eclampsia and weren't sure why her BP would Spike and then go back to normal so quickly. 

So she'll be admitted at 6:00 this evening for the cervix softener and be induced in the morning. Conditions here are getting bad, had sleet and snow since early morning. The temp now is 24, tonight will be 17. Gonna be a slow scary ride to the hospital in the morning. Thankfully Paul's truck is 4wd and he's driven a truck and two trailers in bad conditions every winter for 40 yrs. I hope his reflexes are tuned up because come heck or high water this Nana ain't missing my grand daughters birth!

Wish you safe travel to the hospital, & wish your daughter well as she gives birth to new life. Best Wishes. PD

Well...things are getting a little crazy town around here. Due to ice on all the roads, labor and delivery was short staffed yesterday so they postponed her being admitted until tonight. Soooo we hope to have a baby by tomorrow. Still focusing on something happens naturally though.

Low of 14 this morning. That’s cold for us Texas gulf Coast folks! My hose froze so I had to bust ice on the pond so the horses could drink. But it’s all going away tomorrow, by the weekend we’ll be back in the 60’s.

4 hours ago, grimmie said:

Well...things are getting a little crazy town around here. Due to ice on all the roads, labor and delivery was short staffed yesterday so they postponed her being admitted until tonight. Soooo we hope to have a baby by tomorrow. Still focusing on something happens naturally though.

Low of 14 this morning. That’s cold for us Texas gulf Coast folks! My hose froze so I had to bust ice on the pond so the horses could drink. But it’s all going away tomorrow, by the weekend we’ll be back in the 60’s.

Be careful out there. 

Our little Lyra is here. Born at 7:29 this morning, 7.3 lbs 20.5” long. Amanda’s water broke at 11:15 last night, no induction needed, by 4:30 am she was half way dilated. The epidural didn’t work so she basically had the natural birth she desired. 

Funny story, GS forgive me. Left our house around 5 am to pick GS up at his house and grab showers since we had two broken pipes. We were about to load up for the hospital, Grandsons tummy was upset, nerves I guess and he asked if we’d wait while he used the restroom. Waiting in the truck, got a text from SIL saying she was at 10 and needing to push. Mind you we are 20 min. from the hospital.

I texted GS and said Mom’s at 10 we need to go...crickets...more crickets...Paul said you better go get him. I run in the house and yell for him we need to go! Sitting quietly in the back seat for a good 10 minutes, he finally asks, Nana what does 10 mean? :rotf: I explain. 

While I’m rummaging in a bag for my glasses, Paul misses the exit. I’m thinking there is no way this kid is going to make it in time to see his little sisters birth. We finally get there, paul drops us off, GS took off to the elevators with me running behind, we get to her door, knock and they won’t let him in. I hear my daughter say that’s my son, nurse says he can’t come in without a waiver, daughter says we signed that last night. Door opens, he goes in and the door is closed in my face. I hear Daughter tell him Trace, don’t look at me, look at the wall! :happy0203:

One more push and she’s out. What a morning! Now on to photos.

20B576D3-75CA-455D-ACA7-8558D08F4068.thumb.jpeg.12404cd35abc539ffc697ab2c141990e.jpeg

He and Doug came to get the grandparents to go back and see her. I looked at him and he was crying. I love this kid!

0D0FD145-41E7-4C24-AE5F-F87C6EA04770.thumb.jpeg.b823edeed238d7727e46d534822f036f.jpeg25304734-03AD-4F6A-9714-6B3D0FCBF091.thumb.jpeg.504c45a21df02005e285804787bac8db.jpeg327BDCC0-A63D-41F5-A187-096B719FD28E.thumb.jpeg.a01c0e06c7ee992ecfaf6bcdef056f3a.jpeg9EB3CF24-CCEC-4E73-AF5C-C8B508849175.thumb.jpeg.266958fb3c6c452944d02b54a466c19b.jpeg

Edited by grimmie

Congratulation on new grandaughter, nice looking little gal. Glad everything went well.  Enjoy the moment,  they grow up to fast. Best Wishes.  PD

31 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

Everyone looks so happy and proud!  The Mom looks fantastic, like delivery was a breeze for her.  Was it?  

Lol not really. But she’s a strong individual, took great care and got lots of exercise during her pregnancy. She kept saying I can’t believe I feel this good, I’m 36 years old, 18 years older than my first delivery and compared to it, this is a walk in the park. Trace was a forcep delivery, it took over 20 internal sutures to repair the damage. Recovery took a year. It’s taken her this long to get over that trauma.

She did this practically natural. Because her muscles are so tight around her spine the anesthesiaologist had to remove and reinsert the needle where he could get it between her vertebrae and lower than normal placement. It left her “live” across her abdomen. Add an incompetent nurse who stuck her 5 times to start the IV and basically left them alone during the labor and didn’t listen to her when she told her it felt like a ring of fire around her middle and she felt ready to push. Nurse kept saying I’m not supposed to check you until 6:30.

Thank goodness the new shift nurse came in, she listened, checked her and Amanda was at 10 cm. She basically held off pushing for almost an hour because she wasn’t being listened to. 

Lyra’s Dr. saw her last night and ok’d them going home this morning. We’re having our family dinner over there tonight. I need to get a move on and finishing up some cooking before we go.