PeppySue

Texas People #6

Good morning!

Well the warm muggy typical Texas winter is back. I'm thrilled! Heading over to see Lyra this morning after I make them a breakfast casserole to take.

They discovered Lyra cannot sleep flat, she throws up making for some sleepless nights. And she can’t sleep in the bassinet they have because it doesn’t incline.

Her best friend had given them an approved sleeper, kind of like the bouncy chairs, but they returned it because his parents gave them a lesser version and they felt it was the right thing to keep it. BUT...it is not approved for sleeping. so they have to go out and buy one today.

Forgive me. But I have to share some pics. The skin to skin with big brother slayed me! He's so in love.

FF22D911-6766-48C8-BA5B-A7CEF7645BC2.thumb.jpeg.415728d986d7366011b85f3140eb12a6.jpeg2F89BAB7-9D54-4927-8F16-AAF161E4D236.thumb.jpeg.7a4a38160a1980eb6d5cb906b8e85a47.jpeg 

I can't imagine a new grandma wanting to share pictures of her new grandaughter, & her good looking older brother.  But I've posted many over the years,  of my own grandkids, so I guess it is okay.  Both great looking grandchildren, so you have every reason to you have every reason to be proud.   Best Wishes.  PD

Edited by Proud Dad

On 1/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, Proud Dad said:

I can't imagine a new grandma wanting to share pictures of her new grandaughter, & her good looking older brother.  But I've posted many over the years,  of my own grandkids, so I guess it is okay.  Both great looking grandchildren, so you have every reason to you have every reason to be proud.   Best Wishes.  PD

Thank you PD and everyone.

She's very special as all children are. It's just, we have so much to be thankful for. Lyra was not easy to come by, it took 4 years. Even more special, her papa is alive to welcome her and watch her grow up. When I ever dared dream about another grand child, it was hard to imagine Paul there too.

Yesterday was so special. My daughter's ex husband and his wife came to see Lyra. I have been as excited to see T with Lyra as I was her daddy. T loves babies so much, especially little girls. He always wanted a daughter after Trace but it never happened while they were married. We still love this man like a son and adore his wife. Lyra is blessed to have so many people, family and friends who love her.

E3469B7A-B52B-4B61-92E1-78335AD81929.thumb.jpeg.e5e05f472500aa1684ace9e3d7697901.jpeg07E14220-2804-4EF4-9286-3FBB0EC620DD.thumb.jpeg.8cf51bf1f9e246f203a466a685d23eda.jpeg

Hope for a safe productive week for everyone. I'm enjoying this weather.

Again great pictures of a loving family,  even nicer that your ex son in law & his wife can still be part of the family.   Family is more than blood, it is love we have for others, that make a family.  Best wishes.  PD

What a blessing!  I love that Paul and you are able to welcome this baby to the family - and what a great big brother she has!

Three years ago today we got the call for Paul’s new lungs. If you had told me in three years Paul would be alive and healthy and we’d be blessed with Lyra I probably would have a hard time believing. So unbelievably thankful for where we are today.

I remember how difficult the journey was and am so glad that Paul is doing so well!  Every day is a blessing!

2 hours ago, Magic26 said:

I remember how difficult the journey was and am so glad that Paul is doing so well!  Every day is a blessing!

So true. 

He's at the gym now. I am so glad he's being pro active in maintaining his health. He has his 3 yr. check up next week. Always a time for feeling anxious, but I think he'll get a great review.

Paul had a good checkup. They did fuss at him about his weight. Next checkup is in 6 Mo. and they said he must lose at least 15 lbs. He’s a man, should be pretty simple. :surrender:

I suspect Penny our dachshund has a loose tooth. It's just been a little over a year since her teeth were cleaned but I'm going to get her looked at. She won't let me feel around, clamps that snout shut guaranteeing I'm not getting a look.

Enjoying this weather. Not minding the wind though because it's drying up the mud.

I’m really tired of the orange tint on my wood counters, the polyurethane finish has turned orange over the years as it tends to do. I want a different surface, lighten them up and mimic carrera marble. Seeing a lot of granite and quartz that resembles Carrera, hoping one of them is in the budget.

Checking out a big antique and architectural salvage wearhouse today for salvaged boards to make shelves. 

Our little sweetie has been colicky every afternoon. Daughter is eliminating the obvious dairy to see if that’s what’s doing it. It’s so hard to see her go through it.

Last week I’ve been trying to order a wing chair style rocker recliner from Babies R Us and the website kept telling me they couldn’t deliver to a PO box. I couldn’t understand why because we have a street address. I was so frustrated because the nearest store is in N. Houston and I’d rather do without than go down there.

We discussed it yesterday and Paul said I’ll drive you down there. But I thought I’d try one more time. Logged in and the chair had been reduced $120!! I had zero problems ordering it and it will be delivered by the 22nd, in time for my birthday!

All that frustration must have been to save me money. I can’t wait to read my first book in this baby. No dogs allowed!

E9266965-01A0-47B9-B275-5A5EA6779957.thumb.png.5757d5b4c7937d3ad2fa553b6733a868.png

Grimmie, nice recliner. I bought myself a small LazyBoy rocker- recliner and then I found out my dogs love to be rocked!! 

On 2/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, jubal said:

That's a lot of action for one chair!

:rotf:Yes but have you ever sat in a nursery chair? They make them comfortable for a reason. We bought our daughter one for feeding Lyra, I tested a few before I was convinced I needed one in my life! This one had all 5 star reviews.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:31 PM, Danyel said:

Grimmie, nice recliner. I bought myself a small LazyBoy rocker- recliner and then I found out my dogs love to be rocked!! 

I looked at chairs from LazyBoy. Unfortunate for my two that they will never have the chance for a rocker experience. :winking:

We got amazing news this morning from my California family. My great nephews baby is being released to Home this week from the NICU. He was born in Oct. with Gastroschisis where the bowel forms outside the abdomen in utero. He’s had 5 major surgeries to correct it and they didn’t expect him to go home until this summer but he defied the odds. The same nephew and his wife lost a full term baby girl exactly a year before Ansel was born. That was a terrible tragedy so Ansel going home is HUGE! 

I’m hoping we can make a family trip out there, they have 3 new babies we need to meet and they need to meet our Lyra.

I see true February weather has come to Texas. :surrender:

Oh kitchen Reno is happening! We ended up going to Color Tile Monday and picking 3 slabs of White Carrera marble for the kitchen counters, island and white subway tile for the back splash. 

Crazy, but marble was less expensive than quartz because the demand is up for it. People don’t want to fret over stains because of how porus marble is. It comes sealed but we’re having it sealed again. I ain’t skeered!

Started priming our bed side tables to paint. Need to get back to it.

But first...missing this little bebe.

617523C6-EA7F-4706-A977-072D97E6AC92.thumb.jpeg.0e6d041d76e1b62e0ce51da4eb3e4119.jpeg

Great news about your great nephew's baby!

All that white in my kitchen would make me crazy! I'd be constantly cleaning. I'd like to have some dirt-colored counters! I already have a dirt-camouflage floor. I have to use a flashlight to sweep it.

It is very good news for your nephew & his wife, glad this little fellow has defied the odds,  but we know HE played a large part in with the healing. Best Wishes. PD

On 2/7/2018 at 12:14 PM, jubal said:

Great news about your great nephew's baby!

All that white in my kitchen would make me crazy! I'd be constantly cleaning. I'd like to have some dirt-colored counters! I already have a dirt-camouflage floor. I have to use a flashlight to sweep it.

Cleaning them does make me crazy but painting the cabinets is NOT an option! Unless I could use my new spray gun inside, that is the only way I would attempt it.

Besides that, the marble isn’t actually white. I’m probably going to be forced to repaint my turquoise island charcoal gray though. They measured this morning and I have two weeks to get that done.

32ACDEBF-0A0F-42A7-BF52-440BD8560085.thumb.jpeg.d9d7f9f98ad97d4869cb606a9cb2b2e0.jpeg

Finally have a sunny mild day. I’m heading to town for glass knobs, paint and to see my bebe Lyra.

PD, this young family has been through so much. Seeing them take Ansel home brings me as much joy as Lyra’s birth. So much tragedy in my Cali family yet their deep faith has brought them through all of it. Literally tens of thousands of people praying for them through Churches and ministries.

So proud of my niece (Ansel’s grand mother) for channeling so much tragedy through Jessica’s House, helping children grieve the loss of a parent. She’s a beautiful soul and does not look like a grandmother of 5 boys, lol

82C3EC75-A502-4945-876B-8FF933DD91F6.thumb.jpeg.8949824cdd62052944da6b6e5651ad48.jpeg

What a beautiful lady! She's awfully young to have been through so much and accomplished so much!

Those counters aren't stark white. I think they'll hide little cleaning peccadillos. Watch out for wine stains though.

Jubal, we don’t drink much wine, but the coffee pot area worries me. My husband is a spiller but he’s never aware he spills. I think it’s the tremors his meds give him. After I cleaned up a mess around the pot yesterday morning, he got the lecture...wear your glasses and look for spills after you make coffee. The people who work with marble tell us, just wipe it up quickly which I do any way. And reseal in 2-3 years, most people don’t. It comes sealed and we paid for another after it’s installed.

Where is Spring? We got at least 2” of rain last night, both tanks are over their banks. I don’t even attempt getting to the barn for the mud, don’t want to stick a boot and go down. Horses are sour as **** about it too. Be a while before I can do any work with P because February is always the wettest month.

Checked on my chair delivery which was to be by Feb. 22. Now they tell me March 5-30. Grrrrr

QH, you can put the coffee pot on a large tray.

By the time you get your chair, Lyra can help you carry it in!  (I know. Go to my room.)

QH - good news all around!  I like my granite counters that are brown, gold, tan with a little fleck of sparkle - the crumbs don't stand out!   And your grandbaby is beautiful!

On 2/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, jubal said:

QH, you can put the coffee pot on a large tray.

By the time you get your chair, Lyra can help you carry it in!  (I know. Go to my room.)

:rotf:I KNOW! 

I'm going to do just that, look for clear plexiglass or white enamel.

15 minutes ago, Magic26 said:

QH - good news all around!  I like my granite counters that are brown, gold, tan with a little fleck of sparkle - the crumbs don't stand out!   And your grandbaby is beautiful!

Magic, sounds like what we have on our bathroom vanity. Thank you!

Hubby has been sick with a head cold so I’m not going to see her until he’s over it. Gaaaa I’m dying so I made daughter promise to send tons of pics. Her daddy was making faces at her and she was copying him. :wub: 

E7A49312-020D-4DC1-BEB3-E5CF6F8C7B72.thumb.jpeg.69e6ddf68e76195ad01f8019c6502134.jpeg

Who has wavy or curly hair! Ever heard of the Curly Girl method? I spend on average, an hour straightening my wavy hair because it doesn't have enough wave to look good when I leave it natural. I've been experimenting with this method of once a week shampooing with a tiny bit of sulfate and alcohol free shampoo and just conditioning with approved conditioner the other washings. I'm seeing good results. Pretty cool. Now I need my stylist to get on board and cut my hair dry to encourage the wave. 

My grandkids don't live close to us, but my daughter and son-in-law post photos and videos on a shared photo stream almost every day, which I love.  Going to visit them this weekend - it's a 6 hour drive and worth every minute!

On 2/13/2018 at 3:44 PM, Magic26 said:

My grandkids don't live close to us, but my daughter and son-in-law post photos and videos on a shared photo stream almost every day, which I love.  Going to visit them this weekend - it's a 6 hour drive and worth every minute!

Oh wow, I wouldn’t do too well with that distance between us. I think 28 minutes is too far. Glad you get to see them this weekend. 

It’s been a week since I saw her last. Paul gave me his crud. Like a head cold, not the flu or a stomach virus but it’s contagious. :bang_head: We were going to a big trades day tomorrow or Saturday, which ever day has less chance of rain. Hoping I feel better so we can go.

How was everyone’s Valentine’s Day? When we’re over this crud, hubby owes me a dinner out and a cupcake from BabyCakes. 

:yay: my chair shipped!

Sorry about your cold, QH, but at least not the flu. I've been going to extraordinary lengths to avoid it. Like, I don't go anywhere and I wear a mask to the grocery. 

On 2/15/2018 at 12:16 PM, jubal said:

Sorry about your cold, QH, but at least not the flu. I've been going to extraordinary lengths to avoid it. Like, I don't go anywhere and I wear a mask to the grocery. 

You’re smart to do that and most people don’t even wipe their carts down.

Friday Paul ran by his Dr. To get some insurance forms filled out and his Dr. Made him get a shot and put him on antibiotics. Also did a swab of his nose. This is viral which is what I suspected. 

I felt good enough today for a drive in the country and lunch out. 

Our little Lyra is one month old today. She sure is changing her looks. It has been 10 days since I’ve seen her and it’s starting to depress me. On to the pics.

F72662EA-7EEB-45A5-A57A-9874A8C0CCC6.jpeg.f66f69105a04e1ff78a971cb4350b641.jpegA78B65DE-1624-4C03-AF11-286229ACE2E5.thumb.jpeg.2aae6a5cc88b31d31475b1bbe55433ab.jpeg2D496A7D-CB18-49A0-A65C-D32536A9EEC2.thumb.jpeg.1b8613184444980a6521ae741d61cc69.jpeg83BEF75F-BB00-4DCD-B3CF-5406ED1158BB.thumb.jpeg.cb3a441c7f5c924a232867c8c8204b24.jpeg