PeppySue

Texas People #6

On 2/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, jubal said:

QH, you can put the coffee pot on a large tray.

By the time you get your chair, Lyra can help you carry it in!  (I know. Go to my room.)

I use a good-sized piece of tempered glass under my pot.

On 2/19/2018 at 5:54 AM, jubal said:

What a cutie! She looks very intelligent to me.:smile:

Haha of course she is!

On 2/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, noponies said:

I use a good-sized piece of tempered glass under my pot.

You know I used to have one but that was 3 moves ago, no idea if it's still around. 

I'm thinking something with a lip to catch when the pot spills over during the brewing process. Or buy a new pot that filters fit correctly so they don't fold in on themselves. :bang_head:

Chair came Wednesday morning. Love it! But it has no handle and I have tried nine ways to Sunday to open the recliner while sitting in the chair. Ugh! Son says it will loosen over time but for now I have to open it and climb in sideways. It's comfy as heck though and I've finished two books so far. Nothing else to do in this crappy weather.

Hay net is here. Thank you Heidi! We will be out of hay after tonight's feeding. But...The mud around the barn is so epic we can't get to it to place a hay bale. We're going to have to come up with a plan so this is the last time we fight mud. Wasn't a problem last winter, I was always able to get out there without losing my boots. 

Having to feed under the old lean to and horses have to navigate a patch of mud about 20 ft. wide. They're as sick of it as I am!

Got to hold my bebe yesterday. Poor sweetie has colic almost every day. Daughter has experimented and cut out dairy protein, it helps but doesn't eliminate it. Be so relieved to have her out grow It.

Not much happening here. New counter install/tile back splash happens March 6, can't wait. Still need to pick a gray to paint the island.

Be safe and have a great weekend.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:47 AM, Heidi n Q said:

Yay for the hay net!  Sorry for the mud and bebe's colic.  That stinks.

90% chance of rain today and it has been true to its word! Ohmygawd, theres is no where for it to go. Water squishes out of even the highest ground. No way a rd. bale is getting near the barn any time soon. 

Will be glad to see February and it’s stinking weather go bye bye. Ready for Spring!

Daughter sent these to me. She says Lyra looks like Groot from Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Never seen the movie but I have to agree she does. :D

009630F1-32F3-4A22-A14B-75231905F00D.thumb.jpeg.27ece4dac8621a59e0445608a128c541.jpeg6A0352C8-207E-4176-937A-D22E47B2C820.thumb.jpeg.b431e95c796bc50e460615d39232ade5.jpeg

Here’s my chair, I love it even if I can’t open it! Lol

PS...that crazy pelican Paul just had to have from Corpus Christie. He was so proud of his addition to the decor of our room. Sometimes you just have :questionicon: to humor them and pretend you like their taste. 

28D57F5D-79AB-4443-A3E5-5668EAD03790.thumb.jpeg.7032ea6966d600ac627713f76fa6fdf3.jpeg

Edited by grimmie

Poor baby! She looks miserable in the second picture. Feel sorry for little ones with the colic. My youngest had it until he was 2 months old. Not fun for anyone.

I love your room and the pelican! You need to name him!

Neat picture of your new chair  & room decor.  Hard to see the little ones hurting,  but they generally recover from it.  Been down that road, many years ago.   Best Wishes to Lyra getting over the colic.   PD

On 2/25/2018 at 6:02 PM, jubal said:

I think the pelican deserves a more prominent placement. You tried to hide him, didn't you?

Shhhhhh

Hubby brings home useless stuff like that from outings or vacation and never looks at it again. But if I try and get rid of it he proclaims his love for it and acts offended that I would consider purging it. He still clings to his wisdom teeth he had pulled 4 decades ago for gosh sake! :sick: I told him if he dies first those suckers are going with him! I think that secretly made him happy.

On 2/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, Danyel said:

Poor baby! She looks miserable in the second picture. Feel sorry for little ones with the colic. My youngest had it until he was 2 months old. Not fun for anyone.

I love your room and the pelican! You need to name him!

Danyel, we would grateful if it went away that soon, she’ll be 6 weeks this Thursday. My daughter has researched it trying to find a solution and they really don’t know what it is or what causes it. Giving up dairy has helped.

Thank you PD for the sweet thoughts for Lyra. She has been doing better the last few days.

I am so ready for spring! Today’s my birthday. Paul told me he’d take me anywhere I wanted to go. But now we are stuck waiting on an electrician. We lost power in our master bath, utility room and pantry. :questionicon:

Paul thinks it’s one of the ground interrupt switches on this end of the porch. Hoping it’s a quick fix and we can salvage something of this day. Thankful it’s not raining. I’ll celebrate with the kids this Saturday.

Happy birthday, QH! Sorry about your power problems.

Keep the pelican and ditch the teeth. Just deny all knowledge. Maybe he thinks they actually have something to do with his wisdom.

QH,  Happy Birthday,  just remember you are not getting older, just getting better.   Glad Lyra is doing better, when little ones hurt, everybody hurts for them.  Best Wishes. PD

Awesome, thank you all for the Birthday wishes. 

Been having the best weather this past week once it stopped raining And said goodbye to February. what was to be a rainy Birthday turned out nice, sun came out it was THE best present I could have gotten! We got out of the house, ran some errands, chose the bullnose border tile for the back splash, picked out some delicious baked goods at the bakery I’ve been wanting to try and had an early dinner at our favorite cafeteria. we enjoyed a pastry with coffee when we got home. At our age, it’s the little things that make up the spice of life.

Spent yesterday at our sons place. Gosh it's peaceful up there, so quiet, he's just far enough away from the highway not to hear the traffic roar. Just a lovely day for grilling and holding sweet little Lyra. Love the Nana's brag book of my favorite bebe photos my daughter had made for me. :wub: 

Two more days And the new counters will be installed. So excited!

Counters and tile are done and it looks better than I imagined it would. However, now the cabinets need refreshing. Hoping a good cleaning will do and they don’t require painting but I suspect it won’t be an easy solution. I am definitely going to paint my island charcoal gray. And all the red accents have to go for a neutral white or gray. Think I can spray paint my toaster.

58985CD9-3AF7-45DF-9D1D-7DA5C9001D45.thumb.jpeg.25143b0b6628e13239f041591ce1a9c7.jpeg8846EC00-98CA-4458-BC96-C0D0CA0E21DC.thumb.jpeg.80dc4b44839d76d8fcbca1b389556a5f.jpeg210D6340-29E4-4759-A6DB-4D16AE30B8CD.thumb.jpeg.1c927e2dd3ef3fa6c1dff76ed845d9ec.jpeg

565BD835-17FB-4A5B-AA9E-8C72D3B33BB8.thumb.jpeg.c09139e47045d9eb3773b075b85264f0.jpeg

It looks really good, QH. I like your painted cabinets too.  I'm sick of the oak ones I and everybody in the world have.

Nice kitchen, I love your light fixtures.

I looked at properties yesterday, only two horse properties that were suitable, unfortunately, I didn't like either of them, one was an older, remodel, that was nice, but, two story and, we want to stay away from stairs, the other had great curb appeal, but, once entering, we say big cracks in the tile floors, in more than one room, the entire house was painted yellow and, it wasn't very clean, which instantly turned me off.

So, the realtor took me to see a contractor, I picked a 2 acre parcel, gave him my house plan and, he'll get back to me with a price...... I'd have to stay here while my husband goes to Arizona, while waiting for completion of the house, but, ya do what you need to do.

Edited by equicrzy

Thanks everyone.

Equi, I'm excited for you! It's cheaper to build new and do what you want I think. How far would the drive be for you to go check on the build?

Boy they aren't kidding about acidic foods and marble! I keep cut lemons in a plastic lemon with a lid. I set the lid down on the island for a few seconds picked it up and left a ring etched into the finish. It's not too noticeable but they're going to polish it out when they come back to polish out some scratches they put in during delivery. They'll seal it again too. Told hubby, I am NOT going to obscess about or be enslaved by a slab of stone.

We've got beautiful weather for spring break but dangit, trades day is Fri. Sat. and Sun. and it's going to storm! Paul says we're going anyway but the kids were going and the bebe can't be out in the rain.

There is a stray in my daughters neighborhood being cared for by one of my SIL’s friend. He was dumped last Oct. and hid in a culvert for two months before they could coerse him out. His collar was imbedded and he was standoffish and scared. At the time they searched every where for his owner but noone came forward. He always joins our daughter on her walks and follows her home.

Anyway, our son is taking him, hopefully this week. Isn’t he gorgeous?!! Those blue eyes!! Our daughter has been feeding him and Lucy (she runs loose) so they hang around and she can work on his trust issues. She’d keep him in their fence but for her two dogs.

What breed do you think he’s got going? I say mostly Catahoula.

598573F8-A2F4-4D06-AC4E-96EDB5A80941.jpeg.6650bf355fb354413a1b3c3fa7180e27.jpeg098B1973-F118-40C8-8397-A5A9CF9431B3.jpeg.44c733e03ab765331ef6eb93020e7d5d.jpeg1FA5FEDF-E113-4285-BDF7-378468D987C1.jpeg.7954feb8c86621d8f2f85a9f812a0e2a.jpeg

Dangit, hit reply too soon. His tail is bobbed though, could be some Heeler  or Australian Shepard. I do love his white toes.

QH,  All I can say for the stray dog, he is a lucky dog to now to find a home that will love him.  I like dogs, but don't have one,. so I just pet the neighbors dog, when he comes to visit, & then he turns around & goes home.   I guess he got what he wanted.  PD

3 hours ago, grimmie said:

Thanks everyone.

Equi, I'm excited for you! It's cheaper to build new and do what you want I think. How far would the drive be for you to go check on the build?

Boy they aren't kidding about acidic foods and marble! I keep cut lemons in a plastic lemon with a lid. I set the lid down on the island for a few seconds picked it up and left a ring etched into the finish. It's not too noticeable but they're going to polish it out when they come back to polish out some scratches they put in during delivery. They'll seal it again too. Told hubby, I am NOT going to obscess about or be enslaved by a slab of stone.

We've got beautiful weather for spring break but dangit, trades day is Fri. Sat. and Sun. and it's going to storm! Paul says we're going anyway but the kids were going and the bebe can't be out in the rain.

There is a stray in my daughters neighborhood being cared for by one of my SIL’s friend. He was dumped last Oct. and hid in a culvert for two months before they could coerse him out. His collar was imbedded and he was standoffish and scared. At the time they searched every where for his owner but noone came forward. He always joins our daughter on her walks and follows her home.

Anyway, our son is taking him, hopefully this week. Isn’t he gorgeous?!! Those blue eyes!! Our daughter has been feeding him and Lucy (she runs loose) so they hang around and she can work on his trust issues. She’d keep him in their fence but for her two dogs.

What breed do you think he’s got going? I say mostly Catahoula.

598573F8-A2F4-4D06-AC4E-96EDB5A80941.jpeg.6650bf355fb354413a1b3c3fa7180e27.jpeg098B1973-F118-40C8-8397-A5A9CF9431B3.jpeg.44c733e03ab765331ef6eb93020e7d5d.jpeg1FA5FEDF-E113-4285-BDF7-378468D987C1.jpeg.7954feb8c86621d8f2f85a9f812a0e2a.jpeg

Looks like a good dog, I'm happy he found a home..... BOOOO, to the people who dumped him.

It would be a 5 hour drive from here, to check on the building process, but, my husband would be there, so, he could go by once in a while, plus, knowing he could stop by at my time, the builder might be more on the ball.

I think, I'll do better not being where I can see progress, or, lack there of, on a daily basis, we were on site the first time and, it about drove me nuts.

11 hours ago, jubal said:

I think he's appaloosa!

LOL!

I think Catahoula and/or any type of cattle dog.  His blue eyes are gorgeous and makes me wonder if he be called Blue.

On 3/13/2018 at 2:05 AM, Heidi n Q said:

LOL!

I think Catahoula and/or any type of cattle dog.  His blue eyes are gorgeous and makes me wonder if he be called Blue.

Already have a Blue in the family. Daughter has been calling him Jax but I’m sure son will change that, he likes to get to know them a bit before naming them. Daughter has found him asleep under the carport the last two days. Her TLC is working.

Equi I think you’re right. Ugh so frustrating to go and see there’s been little to no progress. What style home will you build? I love this kind of stuff!

Got paint for the island and the guy at the paint store advised we use an oil based primer because I had used chalk paint and wax before. Gawd I hate oil based paint!! We primed it yesterday and as soon as I'm done being lazy I need to get after it. 

My Muscovy hens are laying like crazy. Find them like this every morning, probably a predator at the ponds at night, they feel safe up here on the porch. I already have a half dozen duck eggs so I gave these to the plumber installing the new disposal before they attract that big chicken snake that hangs around. They all must be laying, this box was empty last week.

19087AE6-A26F-4490-ABD9-C9E0A35985E7.thumb.jpeg.6899b7bd1177cd167c1fcb7465a933b8.jpeg

F7A9D7B5-5865-46BA-B7D6-0F825074B8AE.thumb.jpeg.e4e45dbe89cc16bac157a240b4b5186d.jpeg

F354792D-1B49-4CBB-84BE-8B4DD3AC848E.jpeg

QH.....the house is a Sante Fe design, with a covered patio that runs from the entrance, around one side......the builder came back with an approximate cost that we're ok with, the final cost will be determined when the plan gets drawn up by his architect and, we've added our finishing touches, it shouldn't come in too far from the approximate.

When we built this house, the components came on flatbed trucks, doors, windows, door knobs.... etc, all included.....not so with this kind of build, we have to pick out EVERYTHING, from the smallest, to the largest..... I see myself needing Xanax during that period..... haha.

I love your ducks! I like ducks anyway, but, the Muscovy are  prettier, with their coloring.

Equi that sounds amazing! I appreciate that style, don't see many here in the piney woods of east Texas. I'm so excited for you and I hope you come post progress pics, I just love that kind of thing.

I love our ducks, they're entertaining and make me laugh. 

Busy weekend so far. Friday night was dinner with the kids. Flea market yesterday was a bust but we enjoyed some really great fried catfish.  Since we were near the lake we visited our friends who are fixing up an RV park There. They have 6 spaces for RV's and added 3 cute cabins. This is the couple we met through the transplant clinic. He had a double lung transplant a year ago. 

Did I mention we did paint the island? We got the drawers back in and doors on the island this morning after letting them dry and cure 3 days. Loving the dark gray but not enough to repaint the other cabinets! Too much work!

Sunset last night on the lake. I like how the people are in silloutte.

FF980621-6B7C-4B38-94BF-FD43AEF833F2.thumb.jpeg.f5d43beab36cd00eb1850a0bef6d9560.jpeg