PeppySue

Texas People #6

We heard from the builder, the house should come in at, or, below what we want to spend.....we did get pre- qualified to reach a certain amount, but, don't want to go that high, because, we still have to have manageable payments. ....the builder will call tomorrow or, Tuesday with the final numbers, he says, he thinks we'll be pleased. I hope so, because, there isn't anything available in horse property in that area, at all, which really surprised me.

What a beautiful picture, it looks so peaceful.

19 hours ago, equicrzy said:

We heard from the builder, the house should come in at, or, below what we want to spend.....we did get pre- qualified to reach a certain amount, but, don't want to go that high, because, we still have to have manageable payments. ....the builder will call tomorrow or, Tuesday with the final numbers, he says, he thinks we'll be pleased. I hope so, because, there isn't anything available in horse property in that area, at all, which really surprised me.

What a beautiful picture, it looks so peaceful.

Wow that is so awesome and exciting!! I can't wait to see it happen. How many square feet are you building? 

Lakes are peaceful aren't they? I miss our vacations camping/fishing on Sam Rayburn in NE Tx. LOL Paul said I better get out of here, I'm getting the urge for another boat.

Bebe Lyra came to see us yesterday. Oh my gosh she is so much fun. GS got a text from his friend who lives near them to tell him a tornado had gone through their area. They packed up and headed home. She called as they were trying to get past downed trees and power lines just a mile south of their home. There were barns demolished and set down in pastures where there were no barns before. Their place was fine but they still have no power this morning and in daylight, they saw they had lost two trees.

I asked GS to sit in my new chair and see if he could figure out how to recline. He looked down, stuck his hand between the seat cushion and arm and pulled a hidden metal lever and the chair popped open!

:duh::ashamed0002: WOW do I feel stupid!! 

35 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Wow that is so awesome and exciting!! I can't wait to see it happen. How many square feet are you building? 

Lakes are peaceful aren't they? I miss our vacations camping/fishing on Sam Rayburn in NE Tx. LOL Paul said I better get out of here, I'm getting the urge for another boat.

Bebe Lyra came to see us yesterday. Oh my gosh she is so much fun. GS got a text from his friend who lives near them to tell him a tornado had gone through their area. They packed up and headed home. She called as they were trying to get past downed trees and power lines just a mile south of their home. There were barns demolished and set down in pastures where there were no barns before. Their place was fine but they still have no power this morning and in daylight, they saw they had lost two trees.

I asked GS to sit in my new chair and see if he could figure out how to recline. He looked down, stuck his hand between the seat cushion and arm and pulled a hidden metal lever and the chair popped open!

:duh::ashamed0002: WOW do I feel stupid!! 

The house is 1685 square feet....my only real requirements are, a foyer, I don't like opening the front door directly into the living room, a separate dining area, tile floors and counter tops and, a breakfast bar kitchen. I already told the builder I want the black stainless appliances, he provides a choice of, white, black or, stainless, so, the black stainless is an upgrade. My plan has all of my, "wants" including a snail shower in the master bath.

Hey, I wouldn't feel too stupid, for not knowing your chair has a hidden lever, I mean, what fool designed that, anyway, if you don't know something is hidden, how are you supposed to know where to look?  As for your grandson finding it so quickly......big show-off.....lol!

How scary to hear a tornado has touched down near home, your family was lucky to not be home at that time, how lucky, too, to still have a home..... glad everyone is safe and accounted for.....we had to deal with tornadoes the 4 years we lived in Arkansas, a couple of times, we ran to the ditch behind our property as a precaution.

I love relaxing by a lake, it's so quiet, you can hear what people across the way, are saying.... voices really carry....many times, out on the boat, we'd just sit there and doze, feeling the gentle rocking the waves created, for me, it was never about the fishing.

I hope the builder calls today, I'm getting antsy!

3 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

Is this what you mean?
Image result for snail shower

Yeah, like that.  That's a beautiful bathroom!

8 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

That bathroom is what I imagine your home will look like.  Beautiful!

I guess it could, I'm working with a blank slate.....but, it probably won't be that fancy, it depends on the types of materials I choose.

Heidi :rotf:that is what popped into my head too! Never heard the term snail shower but WOW that is gorgeous!

Equi, I need to google black stainless, heard a lot of buzz about it lately. My stainless fridge drives me insane or rather my husbands prints on my stainless. I hope the builder can set a quick start date for you.

Look at this little cutie! Spittin image of her daddy.

51CD793A-D89D-4F93-B7E9-AC3C156AFA8D.thumb.jpeg.3490e24af86cc67d006e01d30f6b7a86.jpeg

781CF657-4A72-4BB2-8613-6BFEBA60F260.thumb.jpeg.91be91065198222eca1ef8db2da7b6cf.jpeg

3 hours ago, grimmie said:

Heidi :rotf:that is what popped into my head too! Never heard the term snail shower but WOW that is gorgeous!

Equi, I need to google black stainless, heard a lot of buzz about it lately. My stainless fridge drives me insane or rather my husbands prints on my stainless. I hope the builder can set a quick start date for you.

Look at this little cutie! Spittin image of her daddy.

51CD793A-D89D-4F93-B7E9-AC3C156AFA8D.thumb.jpeg.3490e24af86cc67d006e01d30f6b7a86.jpeg

781CF657-4A72-4BB2-8613-6BFEBA60F260.thumb.jpeg.91be91065198222eca1ef8db2da7b6cf.jpeg

What a little cutie!  So sweet!

On 3/22/2018 at 1:41 PM, jubal said:

She is adorable. And looks awfully happy for a colicky baby.

:lol::surrender:Lyra cried for two hours last night, nothing would console her. Daughter was in tears, nothing would console her until daddy mixed up a batch of edible chocolate chip cookie dough. He’s amazing, she’s weird, says the choc chips get in her way. I say whatever helps her maintain her sanity. 

C4415327-05FD-49A1-980C-FD700FE475F2.thumb.jpeg.12991d3a83f280f950c859731d350cf3.jpeg6FF9F0A6-5A16-44AB-A623-3F58E4C1C7C2.thumb.jpeg.525a82e83609ee764e25742969fa15ea.jpeg

QH,    If Lyra has another crying spell, I do hope the chocolate chip cookie dough works again,  who would ever thought that would be the cure,  Do hope the cookies turned out well.  Best Wishes. PD

On 3/24/2018 at 1:07 PM, jubal said:

Lyra will not thank you for those photos when she grows up!

Oh well, won't be the last. :crazy:

On 3/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, Proud Dad said:

QH,    If Lyra has another crying spell, I do hope the chocolate chip cookie dough works again,  who would ever thought that would be the cure,  Do hope the cookies turned out well.  Best Wishes. PD

Bahaha no cookies, that was purely for stress relief. 

Storms today making for a cozy day. I needed to go to town for sewing supplies but I can do that tomorrow and still have time to sew a sun bonnet for Lyra's Easter basket. Did you know they have vintage clothing patterns now?!! :jump: 

Need positive thoughts and prayers. Last Saturday, our SIL and GS came out of the grocery store And a no good car thief had broken off the antenna to break the window and steering column of his Ford Ranger and was in the act of stealing it. When SIL confronted him, he said it was his grandma's truck. Then he ran and hopped in the car he had just stolen and got away leaving his DNA in the form of blood everywhere. Lady sitting next to it got it all on her phone. 

This is a huge inconvenience to hard working people and it just pisses me the **** off!!! They just have liability on it because it's not worth much but it's his commute truck so Amanda isn't at home without a vehicle. Thankfully, he's a mechanic but all parts are out of their pocket. I HATE thieves!!

Can't wait to give Lyra her Easter basket, found the cutest things to put in it. Next summer I want to make her the ruffled swim suit. :wub:

BF677E13-7E43-42FE-8234-0FF54DF02F69.thumb.jpeg.14242e0548d49eee05b7f5104c23da23.jpeg

^^^Are they going to file a police report on the attempted theft?

Cute patterns. We will expect pictures of her wearing the clothes!

16 minutes ago, jubal said:

^^^Are they going to file a police report on the attempted theft?

Cute patterns. We will expect pictures of her wearing the clothes!

He did. They took DNA, ran the plates on the stolen getaway car. It had been reported stolen out of Jewett Tx. a small town north of of here, so unless the guy can be identified by his DNA or prints, he got away with it.

If they got video and he is able to be seen - give it to the local news or if SIL on Facebook post it. You'll be surprised how quickly they find the person.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:41 PM, grimmie said:

:lol::surrender:Lyra cried for two hours last night .... nothing would console her until daddy mixed up a batch of edible chocolate chip cookie dough.

I wonder if the uncooked cookie dough's baking soda helped neutralize stomach acid and allowed her pain relief from colic?

Sorry to hear about the almost-stolen truck.  That really makes me mad.

13 hours ago, equicrzy said:

How do you give a two month old baby, cookie dough?

The cookie dough was for mama's stress relief, the dough is specificslly made for eating. It's a Paleo recipe, safe for breast fed baby, no egg and no bs because its not actually for making cookies just for eating without the salmonella. 

1 hour ago, grimmie said:

The cookie dough was for mama's stress relief, the dough is specificslly made for eating. It's a Paleo recipe, safe for breast fed baby, no egg and no bs because its not actually for making cookies just for eating without the salmonella. 

That certainly makes more sense than what I was picturing....lol...

Happy Easter everyone! 

Gave Lyra her Easter basket yesterday at our daughters. Son had to work. We fried catfish and crappie, roasted fresh corn, boiled red potatoes and Cole slaw. Store bought cake for dessert. My SIL is the best cook, his fried fish is just amazing.

Lyra's bonnet came out a tad big but I'm sure by summer, it will do the job. Now that I understand the instructions, making more will be easy.

Of course we took pics!

1B3E1EDD-FCCB-4C93-8DD5-41B3C2B59AA0.jpeg

C8EBBC15-19F9-4F01-911C-BECD58262191.jpeg

7738BDF3-43C9-4967-A09B-A53793761657.jpeg