PeppySue

Texas People #6

Grimmie, she is adorable in her new bonnet. I used to sew for my granddaughters but they grew up!!!

Looks like Lyra enjoys her new bonnet, she certainly brought out a smile in her.   Neat picture, that will have to make it to your refrigerator.  Best Wishes. PD

23 hours ago, equicrzy said:

She is so cute!  Good job on the bonnet, it came out very nice.

Oh no that isn't the bonnet, daughter bought that bunny hat for her. 

This is the bonnet I made for her. It's huge! :surrender:

She's teeny tiny, nothing fits her yet.

3E60CD69-0C2E-4FC0-B00A-D46459E74A61.thumb.jpeg.d9490d115f7d661e9dabbeee8f9efb22.jpeg

Don't worry. She'll grow into and out of it in no time! She looks like a little 40's baby. You have to make the playsuit to go with it.

1 hour ago, jubal said:

Don't worry. She'll grow into and out of it in no time! She looks like a little 40's baby. You have to make the playsuit to go with it.

Lol already bought the fabric! It probably will fit by summer. I got her sun glasses too and they are huge on her.

We have a signed contract with the builder, I drove down yesterday morning, met with him, made the changes I wanted on the plan, stopped by his house this morning on my way home and, signed.

Now.....I'm terrified....lol....it's real now..

56 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

We have a signed contract with the builder, I drove down yesterday morning, met with him, made the changes I wanted on the plan, stopped by his house this morning on my way home and, signed.

Now.....I'm terrified....lol....it's real now..

That is so awesome Equi!! When does your husband start the new job?

It's all fun and games until the contract is signed.  Then the worrying can begin in earnest!  

13 hours ago, grimmie said:

That is so awesome Equi!! When does your husband start the new job?

April 22nd, or around there, his final post op appointment is the 19th, when they'll release him to go back to work.

13 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

It's all fun and games until the contract is signed.  Then the worrying can begin in earnest!  

It sure can/does!

Equi, it might help that you aren't close to the construction. You won't be seeing what didn't get done. Lol

Paul said the other day he'd like to build one more house...I thought ignoring his remark the best response. No thank you, remodeling 3 rooms is enough to last me.

I can't get Qh's tragedy out of my mind. Has anyone heard how her dogs are doing?

We took lunch to our daughter yesterday and to see their new driveway. Last week's rains washed one part out, she couldn't get her VW Jetta out so they were forced to put a new one in.

Before we got there, she had loaded Lyra in her stroller and walked up to the road to check it out, when she felt something hit her foot, looked down and as she did, a snake struck her ankle. She can identify snakes and saw it was a banded water snake. She had run over him with the stroller wheel and he was struggling to free himself. What's funny is, she'd been taking pics as she walked up the driveway and looking at them later, the snake had been sunning himself on the driveway and she had unknowingly walked right past him and run the poor guy over on the return trip. She did not inherit my 6th sense of knowing when I am sharing space with a snake!

I swore, after we built this one, I'd never do it again.

It was sort of, a necessity thing, we knew we were moving and, there's literally nothing available, that's suitable, in that area.  I went three weeks ago, spent several hours driving around with a realtor and, couldn't find  anything that I liked.

There are copper mines in that area and, they're really booming now and, they've hired a lot of new people and, contractors that are buying up the properties, horse property being in big demand.

I remember, the first time we lived there, you couldn't get a hotel room, the contractors were in them, long term, too....then, the mines slowed down and, contractors moved.....now, they're back in full force.

Looks like we probably will sell this house, in a year or two..... husband says, he wants to use the money to pay off the new one.

Edited by equicrzy

Grimmie, I read that 2 of Qh's dogs (that are at the vets) will be OK.  One has to stay a longer because of breathing treatments given. The other should go home today.

On 4/7/2018 at 8:10 AM, Danyel said:

Grimmie, I read that 2 of Qh's dogs (that are at the vets) will be OK.  One has to stay a longer because of breathing treatments given. The other should go home today.

That is great news! Cannot imagine how empty they must feel for the loss of the others.

Equi, hope your build goes fast despite the surge and demand in construction for that area. Building is never without headaches and delays you just have to choose to make it an adventure.

I've been going through the dental work gauntlet the past two weeks. Went in for a cleaning and had them look at a top molar because It's been sensitive for cold. They found two fractures, now I've got a temp crown giving me heck! They always ask how they feel when your mouth is dead. Then you get home and find the dang thing is too high, distorts your bite and causes bone bruising when you chew too hard, followed by aches and pain. Had to take Tylenol last night so I could sleep. I've got to wait for the 23rd to get the permanent crown. :bang_head:

Spent the day with my bebe yesterday. I finally got some big smiles and laughs when she saw me. Told my daughter I was jealous of how she reacts with our SIL’s dad, always the biggest grins and coo’s! He’s a retired drama teacher and very animated, guess I can’t expect to compete with that but it did bug me a little.

Big brother picked her a flower on their walk.

AB7E73C5-9A4B-496C-B4E1-30ACB11E10C6.thumb.jpeg.3a44948b8832794c43fa1810ebf072f4.jpegB051B681-2CA5-464F-A9A9-C1C61F522B04.thumb.jpeg.df739115e9975c199674b0668babe8d9.jpeg86736013-3586-4E44-B7ED-6801A67534C7.thumb.jpeg.d2794fae409e217ed3e9eef13ba387e5.jpeg

Every day is a miracle that her Papa is here to hold her. 

13B98129-689F-4694-BFC4-00CE8D839E0C.thumb.jpeg.3dac2dc14c9312782d930cfa37781dad.jpeg

It's nice to see your husband with your granddaughter, QH, I'm sure you feel totally blessed.

The builder was supposed to have cleared the lot Wednesday, I'm assuming he did...haha....he says he can do the frame work for the foundation next week....he's building another house on the lot adjacent to ours, they'll be one week apart in progression... he'll start mine, a week after starting hers...

When I was at his house, he showed me some samples of carpet and tile he uses in the homes he builds, he has a large selection of both and, very nice choices...he does granite countertops in kitchen and bath, as standard.  I'm a bit far still, from choosing colors, carpet, tile and such and, already I'm stoked....lol...

My husband leaves here the 23rd, friends of ours have a LQ horse trailer, they said he could use it, if he needs a place to stay....nice sized, with a slide out and, very nice inside, just like a travel trailer.....only drawback being, they're going to a roping competition the weekend of the 28th and need their trailer...but, after that...

Woke up to snow this morning, just a dusting and, it's gone now, but, the cold has stayed.... we're still using the wood stove.

Equi, that is the perfect set up to have the two builds close by. Crews have a way of leaving a job and staying gone but hey...you’ll know where to find them. 

When we were choosing the kitchen counters and tile, I wandered through the carpet section. Goodness carpet has come a long way! Made me rethink my hardwood floors at least for the bedrooms, can’t stand my feet on bare floors in the morning I stick to rugs until I can get my socks on.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:49 AM, jubal said:

Lyra looks as if she's very seriously considering what Papa has told her.

She is a very contemplative baby. I call her a star child she’s always staring off in space, watching for fairies I suppose. :D

Today, but for the wind, is pure perfection. Headed to our daughter’s for a cookout. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

QH, the builder has so many options for carpet and tile, he says people become overwhelmed, so he brings out just a few at a time.  I'm definitely putting carpet in the bedrooms, for the same reason as yours.

Smart man, it is very over whelming. To cut down on my frustration, I knew beforehand What I was looking for. We went several years before redoing the bathroom because I didn't know what I wanted. I gave in to Paul's wishes because he hasn't had a say before. It's too dark and rich for my taste, I wanted to lighten the room but our water is so bad, it will never show on the tile he chose.

They're coming this morning to sand the scratches out of the counters and reseal them. We still owe them a balance but they haven't asked for it. I guess because this needed doing. Very pleased with this contractor.

I hit the nursery yesterday, weeded, mulched, fed and cut my roses back. They look so healthy. This is weird, I discovered a little rose bush had started itself in the corner of the bed. Never had that happen before. Dug it up repotted it and I will transfer it when the roots are established. I will be anxious to find out if it's from the knock out rose or from the antique rose that died in that spot 2 yrs. ago.

1 hour ago, grimmie said:

Smart man, it is very over whelming. To cut down on my frustration, I knew beforehand What I was looking for. We went several years before redoing the bathroom because I didn't know what I wanted. I gave in to Paul's wishes because he hasn't had a say before. It's too dark and rich for my taste, I wanted to lighten the room but our water is so bad, it will never show on the tile he chose.

They're coming this morning to sand the scratches out of the counters and reseal them. We still owe them a balance but they haven't asked for it. I guess because this needed doing. Very pleased with this contractor.

I hit the nursery yesterday, weeded, mulched, fed and cut my roses back. They look so healthy. This is weird, I discovered a little rose bush had started itself in the corner of the bed. Never had that happen before. Dug it up repotted it and I will transfer it when the roots are established. I will be anxious to find out if it's from the knock out rose or from the antique rose that died in that spot 2 yrs. ago.

Well, you're ahead of me on that, I don't know what I want, as far as colors go. Earth tones, probably, different shades of brown/tan/maybe rust?  Then, I can add my own personal touches, such as colors I prefer, in my case, those would be shades of red and green....but, who knows, I can change my mind, it depends on what looks good, really, regardless of color.

I heard from the builder, the city of Pima is giving him trouble with easements, not real sure what the exact problem is, but, he says the city doesn't want to sign off on what he's proposing.  He says he'll get it worked out and, the process should be underway by next Monday.....all I could say, was, " well of course, it's ME, when did anything ever go right?"..... I realize it's not his fault and, I have to remind myself of that, because, it would be very easy to ' vent' in his direction.

I'm not doing anything in my yard this year, there's really no reason to, but, my day Lillies and lilac bushes are coming up, I'll be digging up some to take to Arizona like last time...... funny thing, the new house is being built just down the road from where I used to live..... did I already mention that?

Have a great day all.

Equi, no you never mentioned that! How long ago? Dang city ordinances!

We were so lucky, no permits were needed to build where we live. Good thing only because all the landowners are of like mind to keep their places up. We lucked out on finding this property, it's actually two dead end roads, we were the last property to sell, all others were built on, so nothing sub standard can go in. 

We suspect because our property wrapped around an ancient mobile home/TV park...But we couldn't see it from the house for growth, It kept our property from selling. As time went by, the city changed some ordinances about mobile homes and eventually drove them out. Now there is a lovely new double wide there, beautiful decks and landscaping.

Saw my little love yesterday. Took her out to see Cash, Amanda's old grouch of a horse Except where Lyra is concerned.

96FC1917-0D50-4C5E-AB0C-2F75809A5E63.thumb.jpeg.3bf730e4659df891373357781755d190.jpegCAB8816A-4D23-494D-9B3C-F7C0A66587AD.thumb.jpeg.d92fd330766a507a09e75786a0e0ce95.jpegE04BB816-92C8-4EFE-B7D5-1F74A315F5C8.thumb.jpeg.83fba120a7700ebb7b57221ad36624d8.jpeg86F4A796-A933-4981-BAF8-2B86DEC004BB.thumb.jpeg.e4af4e8d563e9cb425e0b56757cb629c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Danyel said:

Looks like Cash is loving that new baby smell. How sweet!

Yes it appears he does. Have a video of him nuzzling her head and hand but I don't know how to get it to upload. Sweet is not a word I would use to describe Cash, he is a total grouch but he was instantly drawn to the baby. He despises me, why I don't know and tolerates my daughter. But he was the same way with Trace, if he was on him he took really good care of him. He's close to 30 But you wouldn't know it to look at him.

I'm bored. About to bake strawberry scones with strawberry butter. Let you know how they turn out.

18 hours ago, Danyel said:

Grimmie, how did your scones turn out?They are one of my favorite things to eat with coffee. I made cherry tarts today.

YUM for cherry anything!! This scone recipe is so good. It made a double batch so I shared with the kids. Used a biscuit cutter this time for smaller portions but I miss the traditional wedge shape. What takes them over the top is the strawberry butter...so good!

I'm craving two now with my coffee but we're supposed to be going out for breakfast if I would get off my butt and get ready. We had heavy rains last night and it's still overcast but it's supposed to be sunny and cool so we are heading to Round Top for some country antigueing. 

The recipe Is for raspberry white chocolate scones but I only had strawberries and chocolate chunks. It was an experiment but they taste like chocolate dipped strawberries. 

F510AC2D-D852-494B-B0DC-13A63AA21D86.thumb.jpeg.3bce9c6da0a02c3a5ef85e60af434f9b.jpeg

Those look delicious! I may have to make some. The cherry tarts were good but a little sweet for me.

I had an epiphany while cleaning the barn just now.

I can't wait to NOT have a barn!

Sounds insane, I know, most people WANT one.

But, cleaning it two/three times a week, which is what  I need to do, is getting to me.

No, my horses will not have a barn in Arizona, run in sheds, that's it,  all that needs to be done is, attach the harrow to the tractor and...... voila!

Sorry horses......not really...