PeppySue

Texas People #6

Some people sure can be jerks.

The 2 acre parcel we were GOING to build the house on, is across the street from people who don't want a house built there, they don't want a driveway off of the street that runs in front of their house.

Apparently, they have a lot of pull with the city, because, they're holding up the permit process.....jerks, right?  Because, it's perfectly legal for someone to purchase the property and, build on it....it's just, THEY don't want it to happen....I'm guessing, they'll do that every time someone wants to build there.

So, my husband met with the builder today and, he's got another property, same general area, just over one street and, at the very end, where no one can build next to it on one side and, we'll put the house in the middle, so, there's approximately an acre between us and, the people on the other side.

Much better.....to heck with the grouches in the yellow house!  If we had built there, I have a feeling, they would not have been good neighbors.

4 minutes ago, noponies said:

Just tell them they have a choice, house or hog lot. :crazy:

Lol....there ya go!

Equicrzy, building away from those people is probably best. No one needs crappy neighbors! They sound like problems.

3 hours ago, Danyel said:

Equicrzy, building away from those people is probably best. No one needs crappy neighbors! They sound like problems.

Yeah, we figure, if they are already causing trouble, they'd be the types to complain about every little thing.

I feel sorry for the person who owns the lot, are those people going to prevent him from selling it and, what if the buyers want to build?.... they'll do the same thing, again.

Equi, that just ain't right! But you have the right attitude, move on, they would be horrible neighbors. Sounds like something Paul's sister would do to her neighbors.

I worked in the yard yesterday killing ants, planted my roses and some daisies in matching pots. I've got some kind of creature tunneling underneath my limestone walkway. :bang_head: 

Grandson is coming this weekend, we'll pull up the stone and see if it's a mole, gopher or a giant ant bed that collapsed with all the rain we had this month.

We're going to try our hand at building stone steps in the front of the porch. 4 years ago when Paul was sick, we had a handy man tell us he knew how to do masonry...he lied and abandoned the project which is an eyesore and accident waiting to happen. We never saw him again. 

4 hours ago, grimmie said:

Equi, that just ain't right! But you have the right attitude, move on, they would be horrible neighbors. Sounds like something Paul's sister would do to her neighbors.

I worked in the yard yesterday killing ants, planted my roses and some daisies in matching pots. I've got some kind of creature tunneling underneath my limestone walkway. :bang_head: 

Grandson is coming this weekend, we'll pull up the stone and see if it's a mole, gopher or a giant ant bed that collapsed with all the rain we had this month.

We're going to try our hand at building stone steps in the front of the porch. 4 years ago when Paul was sick, we had a handy man tell us he knew how to do masonry...he lied and abandoned the project which is an eyesore and accident waiting to happen. We never saw him again. 

The builder also moved the other woman to where he moved us, because, apparently, it's that whole section the yellow house people don't want anything built on.....so,  other lady has an acre next to our 2..... what's great about ours, is, no one can build on one side because it's an alfalfa field.

The whole problem with the city and, not issuing permits set us back quite a bit, the builder is just as frustrated as we are, he says he'll work on both houses simultaneously.....work should start soon, with the new property, there's no problem with permits.

My husband is heading home for the weekend, I told him he didn't have to come back every weekend, it's a long drive and, after working all week, it might get to be too much.... he'll probably come to that conclusion on his own after doing it a few times.

Well, everything is getting green, we seeded the pastures and there's lots of grass coming up, I'll be able to turn the horses out there in a couple of months....one thing I will probably miss in Arizona....not enough to stay here, though.... haha.

Have a great day everyone!

Equi, that sounds like a huge hassel to switch properties but you will be much better off not living next door to the neighbors from ****. We love our neighbors, they keep to themselves. At our age, the kids are all we want around, people require maintenance. :P

Our GS helped us on the front steps last Saturday. We couldn’t salvage the base because it was so poorly done. We spent so much time tearing it out, by late afternoon we were worn out. Still have about half the project left to finish. GS got most of the stones brought around with the tractor in case we get time to work on it. We had intentions of doing a little each day but you know how that is. Paul had labs this morning and will spend most of the day having a new radio put in his truck. And tomorrow it's going to start raining.

I have a few projects to do. Sent for off white milk paint to do my Nana's cedar chest. It's so dark you can't see it at the end of our bed. Paul wants it left stained, but he's not home is he... :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Paul wants it left stained, but he's not home is he... :ph34r:

That made me LOL!

The move to another lot did set us back a little, the builder has everything he needs now, the survey was done earlier this week, they'll be breaking ground next week.....I thought it was funny, my husband was looking at the lot and, the woman who lives across the street asked him if he was going to build a house, my husband, not missing a beat says, " yes I am, multiple two story low income housing units ".....the woman stood staring at him...he and the builder started laughing, my husband then told her, " just a single family home".

That woman was probably thinking, " great, a guy who thinks he's a comedian, just across the street."

Equi, your hubby and mine share the same humor. He tells people he’s going to put an RV Park on our land. I’m excited for you. Do you have a completion time?

I didn’t get the Cedar chest painted, I baked cookies instead. The chest is so heavy, I need hubby’s help lifting it onto a drop cloth. I’ll get it done when hot weather settles in. Now I want to concentrate on outside projects

GS helped us install a railing on the front steps. We’ve had two friends almost fall using them recently. 

Went to several country antique fairs last weekend, had a late lunch at our favorite cafe in Montgomery, the birthplace of the Texas flag. I’m thankful Paul enjoys doing that with me though I suspect it’s BS’ing with people he enjoys. There was free beer and a band in Whitehall, every time I saw him he was refilling his red solo cup.

Our weather has been simply amazing. The cool breeze every morning draws me to goofing off on the porch with my coffee and humming bird watching. The Ruby throated’s are abundant this year, we had very few last year.

Saw some beautiful Texas country last weekend in Whitehall. I love wide open spaces.

9E98C102-AA7C-43E7-BD24-0781C731E9FE.thumb.jpeg.7c8664ec64915b94281d1b9308608097.jpeg984E1BF7-24DA-49F8-9C2B-DD9793B8130D.thumb.jpeg.c327680ecae76bdc7b7f2dc891392b2d.jpeg

C9B156A9-AD70-4B71-8E40-310D3EB4BBB4.thumb.jpeg.8b5df0f2ade12e5ce5e051d84c07ba87.jpeg

This girl knows what a camera’s for.

7 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Equi, your hubby and mine share the same humor. He tells people he’s going to put an RV Park on our land. I’m excited for you. Do you have a completion time?

I didn’t get the Cedar chest painted, I baked cookies instead. The chest is so heavy, I need hubby’s help lifting it onto a drop cloth. I’ll get it done when hot weather settles in. Now I want to concentrate on outside projects

GS helped us install a railing on the front steps. We’ve had two friends almost fall using them recently. 

Went to several country antique fairs last weekend, had a late lunch at our favorite cafe in Montgomery, the birthplace of the Texas flag. I’m thankful Paul enjoys doing that with me though I suspect it’s BS’ing with people he enjoys. There was free beer and a band in Whitehall, every time I saw him he was refilling his red solo cup.

Our weather has been simply amazing. The cool breeze every morning draws me to goofing off on the porch with my coffee and humming bird watching. The Ruby throated’s are abundant this year, we had very few last year.

Saw some beautiful Texas country last weekend in Whitehall. I love wide open spaces.

9E98C102-AA7C-43E7-BD24-0781C731E9FE.thumb.jpeg.7c8664ec64915b94281d1b9308608097.jpeg984E1BF7-24DA-49F8-9C2B-DD9793B8130D.thumb.jpeg.c327680ecae76bdc7b7f2dc891392b2d.jpeg

C9B156A9-AD70-4B71-8E40-310D3EB4BBB4.thumb.jpeg.8b5df0f2ade12e5ce5e051d84c07ba87.jpeg

This girl knows what a camera’s for.

I love your pictures, little granddaughter is precious.

We don't have a completion date, but, the permits have been issued and, concrete ordered for the foundation, there's a crew over there now, removing two trees that will be too much in the way and, setting the forms of the foundation, it'll be done by tomorrow, then, hopefully early next week, the concrete guy can pour.... unless, he works on Saturdays...not counting on that one.

So, my husband has been staying in a hotel, so, he sees an ad for a studio apartment, he goes to see it, the woman comes out, scantily clad, drinking a beer and, the first thing she says, is, " don't worry, I'm not a drinker or a partier and, I don't have men climbing in my bedroom window....yet."....mmmmmk.

My husband tells her, " I don't so" and leaves....but, not before she starts rambling on about how ' they,' can do all of this fix-up...paint, fix the steps, replace the front door...PLUS, this ' studio apartment' turned out to be a little square wooden addition that was built into the end of an old mobile home.

My husband is still in the hotel and, says he was very happy to walk back into his room after meeting that woman.

:rotf:oh my gosh Equi, Paul would have had fun messing with her! Sounds like a sad life though.

Hope all you Moms had a great Mother’s Day. We stayed low key, Son came down we grilled steaks. He’s interviewing for a new job on Tuesday, sure hope he gets it, will be making a lot more money.

Paul got the magnolia tree he’s been wanting for a long time and I fell in love with a Chaste or Prayer tree also called hummingbird tree. My local nursery has a mature Chaste that I fell in love with it. I think today we’re going to another nursery for some kind of Spring flowering tree like a crabapple or pear, maybe a crepe Myrtle or redbud.

We’re hiring the landscaper we hired to plant the trees, to build raised beds in my garden. He showed me a raised garden he’d done with flat stacked limestone borders. It’s just what I want and he said we probably had enough rock to do it. If not we would just have to buy a little more and a load of topsoil. I am super excited for this to happen, I can finally have my rose garden.

This is a mature Chaste tree. So pretty!

EDD325A3-70CC-4C94-B669-B173D6CCE937.thumb.jpeg.4c671c12eb7e14da3026f2179c28264e.jpeg

1B95FF00-1C42-4889-84F1-088EA42FEB13.thumb.jpeg.78e9f55bea847e7c04962355142dbd4b.jpeg

2436A8D8-0447-4D4A-9D9B-FDD7F499E673.thumb.jpeg.ee687d24d4eb4856639577c8455c9d96.jpeg

51 minutes ago, grimmie said:

:rotf:oh my gosh Equi, Paul would have had fun messing with her! Sounds like a sad life though.

Hope all you Moms had a great Mother’s Day. We stayed low key, Son came down we grilled steaks. He’s interviewing for a new job on Tuesday, sure hope he gets it, will be making a lot more money.

Paul got the magnolia tree he’s been wanting for a long time and I fell in love with a Chaste or Prayer tree also called hummingbird tree. My local nursery has a mature Chaste that I fell in love with it. I think today we’re going to another nursery for some kind of Spring flowering tree like a crabapple or pear, maybe a crepe Myrtle or redbud.

We’re hiring the landscaper we hired to plant the trees, to build raised beds in my garden. He showed me a raised garden he’d done with flat stacked limestone borders. It’s just what I want and he said we probably had enough rock to do it. If not we would just have to buy a little more and a load of topsoil. I am super excited for this to happen, I can finally have my rose garden.

This is a mature Chaste tree. So pretty!

EDD325A3-70CC-4C94-B669-B173D6CCE937.thumb.jpeg.4c671c12eb7e14da3026f2179c28264e.jpeg

1B95FF00-1C42-4889-84F1-088EA42FEB13.thumb.jpeg.78e9f55bea847e7c04962355142dbd4b.jpeg

2436A8D8-0447-4D4A-9D9B-FDD7F499E673.thumb.jpeg.ee687d24d4eb4856639577c8455c9d96.jpeg

I think my husband just wanted to get away from her, you never know anymore, who's going to go 'round the bend on ya 

I love flowering trees/shrubs,  I'm going to find out which kinds do well in Arizona, the closest I came last time was, a Palo Verde tree, they're really quite pretty, with yellow blooms.....to get to the new property,  we have to drive right past the old house and, the Palo Verde tree I planted a few years ago, my husband says, is in full bloom. .... I'll get another one of those, for sure.

For more color, I'm thinking, Bougainvillea....the red.

The builder was on site Thursday and Friday and, the pad got prepped and, sewage/water lines dug in and, stubbed up, forms done, too, now, just waiting for the concrete guy to be able to get it scheduled, concrete is ordered, he's just pretty busy.

I went out this morning and emptied out all of the planters and pots of old potting soil and, stacked it all up in one central location, plant stands, too, so it's all right there, together.

I've got probably 20 boxes already packed and stacked against one wall, we're debating on what furniture to leave here, since we'll still have this place and, will be back from time to time.

Which means, buying some new stuff, so, we'll have to see what we need later...I'm not adverse to buying new stuff, but, I put it to my husband this way...." We can leave some things here and, we'd only need to get a couple new pieces."

Oh, one more thing.  I'm really beginning to not like the people who, I show the plans to and, instead of saying..."that's nice," or. " Congratulations "  have to say things like.....". Why do you need such a big house, for just two people?" Or, " couldn't you find an already built house?". My husband solved it though, by saying, " it's what she WANTS,  why settle for something you won't be happy with?".....gotta love that man!

29 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Seriously? If I'm using my phone, I can't add emojis?

They make you use the ones they provide:bang_head:

3 hours ago, Danyel said:

They make you use the ones they provide:bang_head:

Now that's just wrong....lol...

Equi, how are you using your phone for HC?!! I used to have HC on my phone but lost it when I upgraded. 

Oooooh your hubby should get a pic of your tree with blooms. Don’t get why people are compelled to share their opinions with you, not like you asked them to pay for it...rude rude rude. I agree with your husband, Life is too short especially when you are in your twilight years like my husband and I...do it and enjoy the **** out of it! Sounds like good progress on the house.

:questionicon:...went in for another cup of coffee came back to a pile of crumbs where my granola bar was...:(

Today is our 42nd Anniversary. We’re sitting here on the porch pondering whether we should do something special. We are so pitiful!

Well, I think I will get in the shower just in case we get a wild hair to celebrate. 

We decided to drive down to N. Houston UGH :surrender: for our favorite seafood later today and I booked a room in Fredericksburg Friday night for Trades Day which is supposed to be awesome. We'll do some sight seeing in the hill country on Saturday. Grand son and his friend are house/dogs/cat/horse sitting for us Friday night. We tried to book a campsite but of course the parks are booked. Teach us to procrastinate.

22 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Equi, how are you using your phone for HC?!! I used to have HC on my phone but lost it when I upgraded. 

Oooooh your hubby should get a pic of your tree with blooms. Don’t get why people are compelled to share their opinions with you, not like you asked them to pay for it...rude rude rude. I agree with your husband, Life is too short especially when you are in your twilight years like my husband and I...do it and enjoy the **** out of it! Sounds like good progress on the house.

:questionicon:...went in for another cup of coffee came back to a pile of crumbs where my granola bar was...:(

Today is our 42nd Anniversary. We’re sitting here on the porch pondering whether we should do something special. We are so pitiful!

Well, I think I will get in the shower just in case we get a wild hair to celebrate. 

We decided to drive down to N. Houston UGH :surrender: for our favorite seafood later today and I booked a room in Fredericksburg Friday night for Trades Day which is supposed to be awesome. We'll do some sight seeing in the hill country on Saturday. Grand son and his friend are house/dogs/cat/horse sitting for us Friday night. We tried to book a campsite but of course the parks are booked. Teach us to procrastinate.

I didn't know some people couldn't do HC on their phones.  I initially typed in horse city.com and, added the app to my others, now, I just click on the app.(I guess it's an app, I clicked on, 'add to home screen.'

Happy anniversary!  Ours will be in November, 44 years. We don't usually do anything either, we're also pitiful. Lol..

Husband drove by the property yesterday, said they were working, he saw a couple pieces of heavy equipment. The trusses have been ordered, I'm not sure when they'll be ready, but, there still a ways to go before it gets to the point of needing them.

The rude people? One is my sister, she's constantly accusing me of not reacting ' properly,' when she tells me something about what's going on with her... I don't seem excited enough, or, don't compliment her enough...or something, yet, she treats my news like it's nothing.... and, is talking about coming to Arizona to see me, after I've moved...she plans on staying in one of the spare bedrooms...in the house she called, " too big for two people." Would that be irony, or, hypocrisy?

On 5/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, equicrzy said:

The rude people? One is my sister, she's constantly accusing me of not reacting ' properly,' when she tells me something about what's going on with her... I don't seem excited enough, or, don't compliment her enough...or something, yet, she treats my news like it's nothing.... and, is talking about coming to Arizona to see me, after I've moved...she plans on staying in one of the spare bedrooms...in the house she called, " too big for two people." Would that be irony, or, hypocrisy?

Both! :rotf:Sounds like exciting times for you 

Had a wonderful time. We stopped and ate barbeque at Salt Lick. They've added a vineyard since we were there last so of course we had to sample wine and I took a glass of sangria to go. It was another hours drive to trades day and by then the temp was 96. I got overheated walking around and had the kind of head ache on the top of my head like it was about to explode. I knew it was the sangria...Ugh, I was miserable. Paul found us a bench under a shade tree and I drank a huge glass of iced green tropical tea and visited with several nice ladies. After a short time I felt better and got some more shopping in. Came home with lots of ideas for the yard and garden.

Not sure I mentioned how concerned the Dr. was about Lyras low weight at her 2 months checkup. She was 7.3 at birth and weighed under 10#'s at 2 mo. Well it wasn't her Dr. but the Dr. subbing because hers was out of town. And then there was a scare about her Y shaped butt crack. It can be an indicator of a very real condition called Spina bifida occulta which can cause non growth in babies among a lot of other bad afflictions. Anyway...her Dr. declared her healthy on Friday at her 4 mo. Checkup. He couldn't palpate any abnormalities at the base of her spine and because her head has grown, she's 2" longer and he considered her development on target, he doesn't see reason to do an MRI unless they want to totally rule it out. She's just going to be petite. Huge weight off my mind! 

We are getting some much needed rain today. Yay! I need to get up and make cabbage rolls for an early dinner.

Mmmmm been craving this brisket sandwich from Salt Lick since the last time we went. Couldn't eat it all!

9FE0C2DC-33E4-4258-BDC8-81E909AA33EB.thumb.jpeg.833c9b378b0c33c499b72d2c48596f09.jpeg

094AE2C2-66C3-4E25-A21C-C031BA6AB8B2.thumb.jpeg.5b05f3cbec0c679cecf39ebb554de5c7.jpeg

I got so many ideas for my garden, I want to get the landscaper over here asap to get started.

2751EACD-1BB7-47E8-B696-1684BF1A7106.thumb.jpeg.0b7cd995b4eb14d59b8af4fc4d055fc8.jpeg4966D735-6718-41B1-8C7B-257653D44624.thumb.jpeg.fc9625a32bb348bf7c966f70065b124f.jpeg

The flowering Chaste tree below is what we just planted. 

3C26B6CA-FDAE-4576-BEE6-40A463C2D87D.thumb.jpeg.7edd024aa6bce6d30c4e54718e8e7acd.jpeg

Part of the vineyard.

C7F4D137-8819-4F14-B962-55FC203C6F5E.thumb.jpeg.21cf89c4816b7caada90f872bab690fc.jpeg

B086BDF9-7429-4E6F-B31C-6636EA4396F3.thumb.jpeg.907fe24d08bd7d65f2b2a98afecb6c2d.jpeg

Good baby news, QH!

About the headache with wine--that happens to me every time I drink it, so I don't any more. Margaritas are better anyway.:P

That looks like a great place to visit.

6 hours ago, jubal said:

Good baby news, QH!

About the headache with wine--that happens to me every time I drink it, so I don't any more. Margaritas are better anyway.:P

That looks like a great place to visit.

Thank you Jubal. People haven't been rude about her being little but they constantly bring it up. Seriously, can't she be tiny as she's meant to be without people constantly making comparisons!

I've never had wine do that to me. I like margaritas too but they don't like me. Beer...I like beer.

I guess people aren't used to seeing petite babies any more. Short people used to be a lot more common. I wonder how tall people will get 75 to 100 years from now, (if the planet survives that long.)