PeppySue

Texas People #6

OMG!  I'm glad this was mild and that he should recover fully.  I bet that was scary to experience, for him to go through it and for you to witness it.  
*positive healing vibes sent your way*

QH,  I wish Paul the very best as he recovers from stroke, also make sure you take care of yourself also, as the thoughts & concerns that go along with Paul's health, have to be stressful. Take Care & Best Wishes. PD :angel3:

Sorry to hear about Paul's stroke, but it sounds like he should have a good recovery.  I will send some prayers your way!  Also loved the fireplace makeover!

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. Got home yesterday late afternoon. Paul is about 95% back to normal. He has complete range of motion in his left arm but his strength and grip are weak. No aphasia, scrambled brain, memory loss or lower limb involvement. Nurse said his is best scenario for stroke. He continues to have the TIA’s which last about 5 min. They tell us they’ll last several days after.

They did every test there is and they cannot find a reason for the stroke. His arterial system is as healthy as a 20 yo. BP is perfect, cholesterol is perfect, he defies logic, I’m so envious! They didn’t even order OT, just sent him home on Plavix and a little silver star to squeeze and said he’ll make a full recovery within weeks.

Huge thank you for the well wishes, they help so much and we feel so extremely blessed her Papa is still here to see this little cutie grow up!

F12EF2A4-6EE9-4080-AFF2-319D5CD8CED4.jpeg

3ECC6BAE-FF06-4325-8696-761882B88292.jpeg

QH,  Glad Paul is home & things are looking up for him.  I want to know who is comforting who, Is Grandma, or isit grandaughter?  Amazing how a child can comfort your concerns, at the right times. Best Wishes. PD

14 hours ago, jubal said:

I'm very glad for you and Paul, QH. I guess he escaped a bad one because his numbers are so good.

Exactly but I wish we knew why so we could change what we need to change. Honestly though, we all feel it was from his neck adjustment a few weeks ago. He’s never been to a chiro and I was against him going and made him cancel after his reaction to the neck adjustment. He said when the chiro did it, he was instantly nauseated and had vertigo. He stumbled when he got up and the chiro caught him. He asked if that was normal and the chiro said not really. He’s complained of neck and shoulder pain since.

Our daughter did the research and said people get VAD’s (vertebral arterial dissection) from neck adjustments that cause immediate strokes. If it causes a partial arterial dissection, there’s bleeding, clots can form and take days to break loose. Paul’s blood can clot with his labs being drawn, making it necessary to retake blood so the tests can be performed. 

At his first consult with the Neurologist, he reacted unfavorably when Paul told him about his reaction to the adjustment. You know how Drs are though, they’ll never admit some thing and my gut is telling me the adjustment caused the stroke. It’s too coincidental. 

Happy to hear that Paul is home and on the mend. I have heard not to let the chiropractor adjust the neck. Another warning is to always ask for a towel under your neck when having your hair shampooed. Pressure from the shampoo sink may cause a stroke. Don't know if that is true but wouldn't hurt to be careful.

1 hour ago, Danyel said:

Happy to hear that Paul is home and on the mend. I have heard not to let the chiropractor adjust the neck. Another warning is to always ask for a towel under your neck when having your hair shampooed. Pressure from the shampoo sink may cause a stroke. Don't know if that is true but wouldn't hurt to be careful.

Thank you. I’ve seen the warnings about shampoo bowls too. Makes sense.  

Hello

Paul is doing well. He saw his long time primary care doc last week. He had looked over all the test results and in his opinion, the scarring on the brain was old, not recent. He thinks Paul had strokes during his ICU time which would not surprise me considering all the times he was O2 deprived. So I guess we will never know the whys of this. 

Nothing else going on. I’ve been decorating for Fall, doing some baking and because it’s that time of year, over eating. 

Getting lots of rain but our pond is oddly low, Paul thinks it might be leaking. Had some relief from the heat, I need to get out and do some cleanup in the beds. 

Leave you with some pics. Somebody got two teeth last week. 

Lyra visited Doug’s grandma at her retirement home. And of course her brother sans shirt! 

874CB03F-92AE-4AAF-8601-60D759B03371.jpeg

D03B4D9F-D3DF-4A6E-85F8-631FAAA82000.jpeg

FD417A86-17E8-4AE6-BA39-DD615B0D73CF.jpeg

Babies are always a hit at retirement homes!

We had 6 inches of rain over three days. Today, there's actually sun! And temp at 70.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, jubal said:

Babies are always a hit at retirement homes!

We had 6 inches of rain over three days. Today, there's actually sun! And temp at 70.

We have had so much rain too, it’s rediculous. Had that front from the north earlier this week and the weather has been amazing the last few days. Makes me want to go camping  

Not much happening here which is what I prefer. Paul is fully recovered from the stroke. His latest labs showed his kidney levels are perfect. After his renal failure he was told they’ll function in the mid 40% range. Just shows you what a positive attitude and a holistic approach can do. 

Our little muffin is doing so many new things gawd she is pure joy! We went to the fair on the square last weekend and she loved it! Her daddy knows practically everyone in town so she was a big hit with all the people who watched him grow up. 

The other day daughter put her in her new crib so she could use the rest room, came out and she had pulled herself up and was standing  in her crib! Quite proud of herself as you can see. Time to lower her mattress!

And she’s all over the house too, she’ll be walking before we know it!

BBED73C8-9F2F-4629-BEF5-4A1DD52F7AD1.thumb.jpeg.0339a4c93b28fb72f356bbc5e01f611d.jpeg

133375B7-B751-4D9F-BC56-98532CC583F3.thumb.jpeg.4f170378eac825c978b04afdc8892047.jpeg

6BD9F3A8-1B14-45BF-B788-3CA4CB2DA94C.thumb.jpeg.4f99d284f65778272ceadc8e9568374e.jpeg

Just make that little romper suit fuzzy and she can mop the floor!

Good news about Paul. Enjoy your quiet spell.

Sad news, our transplant friend Ed passed away yesterday. He was in hospice the last three days. 

Because they had to relocate here for his lung transplant, his wife Carol has no family support. Could you keep her in your thoughts and prayers? We plan to see her this week, take her to lunch. 

2 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Oh, no.  Condolences.  *I'll keep Carol and Ed in my thoughts/prayers as she goes through this*

Thank you Heidi. 

QH,  Sory about the loss of your friend, these things are never easy, glad you are there to give comfort to his wife.  God Bless & Best Wishes. PD

12 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

QH,  Sory about the loss of your friend, these things are never easy, glad you are there to give comfort to his wife.  God Bless & Best Wishes. PD

Thank you PD. I still can’t believe he’s gone. I wish he hadn’t done the two chemos, they did no good and made what time he had left a living ****. Paul talked to him about alternatives that wouldn’t make him so sick but He felt he needed to give it a try.