PeppySue

Texas People #6

Phew I have been so busy! Amanda took a vac day yesterday to go to the SS office and change her name. OMG! over 3 hours in there. My poor sciatic nerve on those hard chairs about did me in.

Mental note...next time make an appointment!!!

After we had lunch, we went by Petsmart for timothy hay for the PD's. I ALways walk over to the kitty windows and this time I fell smack dab in love with a 5yo gray female manx. Then Amanda fell in love. She was rubbing the glass, talking to us head-butting the glass. Amanda texted Doug, begging to adopt her. He told her you don't need a cat, let alone a defective one with no tail :grin: but he said, keep her hair swept up and she could have her.

Amanda filled out the online app last night.

Neither of us could get her out of our minds. She was the first thing we both thought of this morning. I had convinced myself I wanted her if Doug didn't let Amanda get her.

This morning she got the email that after they talked to Amanda's vet she'd let her know. They approved her! We're going to pick her up at noon.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I have to clean the cat carrier for her.

Meet Anastasia

IMG_0852_zpseec4ee15.jpg

Mz, Paul said that pipe is called PIX or PYX, it's red and is not a PVC product as I had thought. It's flexable and made for outside use.

Just got home from picking Ana up. She was meant to be Amanda's kitty because three other people wanted her. If we hadn't been the first ones there, she might have gone home with someone else.

I felt so bad for them but so happy she's in our family now.

She is the sweetest angel.

Beautiful kitty QH. I am so happy she is in your family.

I got another load of boxes from my mom today and have been busy unloading. I discovered I have the Breyer of Smart Chic Olena which I forgot I had. Right now I am storing everything in the spare room until I get everything sorted.

Oh, QH, I have had manx cats. They each have a unique personality that is great! She is beautiful! I love :wub: the smoke gray kitties! My favorite color!

Will have to look for that pipe this spring when we start re-doing some of the outside plumbing! Hopefully we won't freeze anymore! Really need to get hubby to show me where the water meter is just in case we have a problem with the mains outside the house!

Peppy, must be like Christmas unpacking boxes that have been put up for a while! Good luck getting them all done!

Not much going today but laundry and cleaning. Had a bit of come to Jesus meeting with the kids. Tired of them not picking up after themselves, getting an attitude when I ask them to do something, etc. Will see if it does any good for any length of time. Just because I am home during the day, does not make me the maid! :mad:

Just because I am home during the day, does not make me the maid! :mad:

Mz I wish kids got that, everyone would be so much happier.

What a cozy day. Makes me want to bake something. I could, I got my copy of the Against All Grains cookbook Friday! I made the banana porridge yesterday because I don't always feel like eggs and bacon or sausage as my protein for breakfast. It's made by processing almonds, pecans and cashews that have been soaked overnight with cinnamon, vanilla a banana and coconut milk. You reheat in a saucepan and eat it like a hot cereal. It's so creamy, I put dried fruit in it for some sweetness.

The Author uses a dehydrator for a lot of her recipes so I ordered one from Bed Bath and Beyond with my gift card. Can't wait to get it. I want to dry fruit without added sugar and try my hand at jerky. And she has a vanilla grain-less granola that I've heard is delicious.

I pay $12 for a container of W30 compliant granola from Amazon now. Would be great to make my own.

Have my eggs out now to get room temp to make a double recipe of mayo and ranch dressing.

Jason, Doug and Trace went to Cabella's in Buda today. Amanda's home with Ana. She seems to have settled right in. When they went to spay her, she had already been done. She was obviously someone's house pet, but no one claimed her.

IMG_9275_zps6fc002f3.jpg

Have fun with the dehydrator! I have one and have made beef and fish jerky as well as done several veggies.It is really easy to use. I even made fruit leather from some of Baby Girl's left over baby fruit. She loved it!

Gray gloomy day here today as well as cold! Got woke up about 5 with my hips hurting and restless. I made it till 6:45 before I had to get up. Played on the computer till almost 10 then went back to bed. Hubby, GS and GD are watching the super bowl. Have no interest in it so I am playing on the computer. Got a roast to put in the oven. Anything to help warm the house!

Mz I've had my hips hurt in bed, where getting up is the only remedy.

My sciatic nerve has finally settled down from last Friday.

We FINALLY put Christmas up in the attic this morning. Spare room is all cleaned out from the wedding/Christmas, bed made and I will vacuum it after Paul goes to work so I can lay down the cow hide that was in the living room before I got the new rug.

Now I'm ready for some sunny days to put me in Spring cleaning mode.

I don't even want to think about spring cleaning! Will probably do it in March when GD is out for spring break! That way there won't be so much to do to get ready for family that comes for her graduation.

Got a load of wood split and a wheelbarrow full brought up to the house. Still need to get it onto the porch but that might wait till the kids can do it.

Cold and gray here today but no rain. We need it so bad!

Well, it is warm and actually rained some last night! Sun is out now.

I finally cleared off my grandmother's dresses, cleaned and oiled it and took pictures. Antiques Roadshow is going to be in Austin on June 28th! I submitted a picture to the furniture section. Hopefully they will choose it! If they do, they will come pick it up, take it to the Roadshow and return it after the show. Would so like to find out something about it! I can remember it in my grandmother's bedroom from the time I was little. My dad got it when she passed away. I got it when Mom moved into the apartment. She no longer had room for it. Here is a picture of it. Don't pay any attention to the unfinished wall behind it!

SAM_1001_zps84547c4b.jpg

What a beautiful piece of furniture Mz. Are the lanterns built in? I love Antique Roadshow and watch it on PBS all the time.

I sure hope they choose this piece to appraise. Please let me know if it gets featured I will be sure not to miss it.

I used to do a lot of antiquing until I just got too much stuff.

Finding that one treasure is everyone's dream.

Right after my dear friend K's oldest son died (my friend in the HV Item story with her grand son and the Shelter). She was in serious need of cheering up.

Her neighbor knew of an old barn on the deer lease he was on. He knew the family who owned the barn didn't care about what was in it and he knew how much K and I loved to antique. So he showed up one day and loaded us up and told us he had a surprise for us.

When we got to the barn he said we could have whatever we could carry off as long as it fit in the bed of his truck.

Well we dove in, spiders mice and all! We laughed and teased each other with our finds. If one found something the other wanted, we always found two so we each had one.

There were old wooden step ladders, ice tongs, linens, red and green kitchen utensils, crockery, bowls, glass ware and bottles, even one with the cork sprinkler that we used to sprinkle clothes with before we ironed them. The list goes on and on. As it got dark, Ed helped us load up the truck and drove us home.

I look back on that day as one of the most memorable days of my life and how doing something you love can take your mind off your troubles.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

Oh, believe me, it the dresser gets chosen, the whole world will know! You will probably be able to hear me clear over there! Would love to find out anything about the dresser!

I would so love to find a barn like that, QH!! That would be so exciting. What a kind and thoughtful friend! The world needs more people like that!

Oh, believe me, it the dresser gets chosen, the whole world will know! You will probably be able to hear me clear over there! Would love to find out anything about the dresser!

I would imagine so.

Nothing happening here. I need to hit the grocery and feed store sometime today but there is ice on the bridges I need to use, so I may just stay home.

We got a light dusting of snow very early this morning before I got up. Its still out there and it's very dry snow, dipping dots came to mind when I saw it on the stairs lol. I can't help but think if it hadn't stopped, we'd have lot's of white out there.

Amanda had to work late last night and on the drive home, a huge raccoon ran in front of her and the impact tore her bumper into pieces on her new Jetta. She's taking it very well considering this is the first new car she's ever had, also the first one that's ever been wrecked.

We always have to watch for deer out there but a raccoon...seriously!

Not much going on here either! Too cold to do much. We also got a light dusting of snow. Was just above 20 when I went to out earlier. Forgot to get a cake mix for oldest GS's birthday today. Ran up to the food pantry and borrowed one. Will take one back when I go to the store next time. Mailed a dvd for the swap site I am on. Need to get on and order me some more movies! All it cost is the postage. Have gotten several new movies so far.

Oh, poor Amanda! The first new car and a coon busted the bumper? Must have been a pretty big coon!

Good luck with the dresser Mz. It is very nice.

Pretty cold and wet here today. Got the light dusting of snow yesterday (3rd time in two weeks is crazy) and today we get the sleet/rain most of the afternoon. I was glad to get home and warm up. Been crazy working on assignments this week. So glad the weekend is here and I can get more homework done before I start next weeks assignments.

WE got lucky and the sleet and ice missed us! I will have to leave about 5:30 in the morning to go to Ft Worth for a rugby game. So wanted to go up tonight but the weather forecast was nasty! Will be back on Sunday.

Good luck with your assignments!

Peppy we got none of the frozen mix. It's so weird to me that 13 miles can make such a difference.

I was thinking, at least there isn't sunshine and warm temps out there tempting you to skip working on papers.

Just where is this sun that's supposed to come out today?!!! I am past being ready! More like a desparathion.

Drive safely Mz. Hope your rugby game is inside and not out.

I think Paul is going in to Conroe today and run some errands. His car radio is going out so he needs to have a new one installed.

Haven't decided if I will go or not. That kind of thing bores me to death. Sitting around while someone nit picks something to death AND then wait in line to have it installed!!

Think I just talked myself out of it. Besides I need to grocery shop.

Well, after an eventful start yesterday morning, the trip went fine. I was supposed to take the van as it has better tires and gets better gas mileage than the Durango. Stopped in Elgin to get gas and the the van wouldn't go. Put it in drive, stepped on the gas and nothing. Tried reverse, nothing. Put it back in park, turned off the key thinking I would have to call hubby to come help. At 5:30 in the morning!! Decided to try one more time. Worked fine. So we took the van home and drove the Durango. Locked out with the gas as it was below $3 a gallon every where we stopped! The game was outside and it was cold!! There was still snow and ice on the edges of the overpasses and roads but the roads were all clear. Had a good visit with my sister and her hubby. Got to go out to their farm which is about 20 miles north of Denton. They have a nice place there with a huge garden! Got home this afternoon about 4 and got the car unloaded then went out and split wood! Hopefully will have enough to last a little bit now. Will work on getting some up to the front porch tomorrow after I do the pantry shopping.

Oh, to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Mz sounds like you had a good time despite how your day started.

Sent Paul off to get his radio installed alone. Good thing he was there from 10:00 until they closed. They had to take his back seat apart to install the back speakers and backup camera.

I got my shopping done got home put it away and the kids showed up in Amanda's truck so they could go get hay. It's nice to have two rd bales out their now.

Trace has been learning guitar. Paul gave him his Peavey which was the one he learned on. He's been you tubing the chords and practicing and he's learned 4 chords already. He wants to take lessons now.

Told Amanda to get the details and I will get him there. He is so excited!

I am not liking this rain but it is so typical Feb. weather. Oh shoot Jody is still locked up...gotta go let her go.

This weather is not my favorite either! It was 39* when I was in Elgin and misting! Neighbor who helps me with the pantry shopping was sick today so I had to do it alone. $145 of groceries to haul in and put up. Then I had to do my groceries. Fortunately, hubby was home. He gets home about 1:30 on Monday. We got a wheelbarrow of wood hauled to the porch so we can keep the wood stove going. Got smothered steak in one crock pot and baking potatoes in the other. I forgot we were out of propane! Will have to get some tomorrow.

Not much else going on, just trying to stay warm!

Mz our temps were low 50's until afternoon then they started to drop. And it has rained practically all day. Gawd the stalls are a mess! I really dislike Feb. weather.

I hate knowing there will be ice in the morning! I've already told my guys to please be careful. Wondering if they'll call school again. It will be 3 days to make up at some point.

One good thing, Jason is in OSHA classes every day until Thursday so he won't be driving the roads from rig to rig all over Brazos Co. because the rigs need a lot of attention in freezing temps.

Wish you could smell my house. I have vanilla almond granola made with nuts and coconut in the dehydrator. I can smell the cinnamon and honey. Can't wait to eat some with almond milk. Since I don't eat grains anymore I do miss a bowl of cereal at night.

I want to make Doug and Trace some fruit roll ups. And I'm thinking he would like a dehydrator for his birthday. He used to make jerky with his friends all the time.

Need to rustle something up for dinner after I let Jody go. I sure don't want to go back out there again.

Peppy please be careful if you have school in the morning that freeze line is going right through Huntsville.

We are on the outside edge of it here. Wish we would get some good rains! I was looking today on the way to town. In places I know usually have lots of bluebonnets, I could see the plants starting to peek through the dry grass! Come on rain!!! It was 30* when I looked at the thermometer about 10. Supposed to be back in the 70's by this weekend. Crazy!

Mz I wish I could share our rain with you. The Gulf has been providing us moisture lately.

Don't think it got to 32 here it was 34 when I got up and there was no ice when I fed. I am looking forward to sun and warmer days.

Did I mention our AC went out? It did...getting a new unit tomorrow...$2500!!

Paul decided not to put it off. If we have one warm day where the house gets warm and humid, he can't breathe, which saps the strength he needs to get ready and go to work and put in 14 hrs. Sucks.

Need to let Jody go, eat and enjoy another cup of coffee.

Well, I have the dishes done, third load of laundry in the washer, second in the dryer and first ready to fold. Still drinking coffee from this morning as it is too cold to drink anything not hot!

So sorry about your a/c, QH. They are expensive! But better now than in the spring when you really need it!

Need to go feed the fire and start folding the clothes!

Good morning! Lovin this sun and YAY it's getting warmer!!

Got going after Paul left yesterday and went to Target for my Valentine shopping.

I'm dipping chocolate strawberries for Doug. Need to make a run to Kroger for strawberries this morning and return some questionable olive oil I bought last week.

Amanda is getting cupcakes and I'm making a heart cookie cake for Trace, if I have enough cookie dough I'll make two, Amanda and Doug can share it cuz Trace doesn't share his sweets lol

Got a box of chocolates for Jason and Paul. I'm hoping we'll see Jason this weekend.

Because I will be alone on Valentine's Day, I'm picking Trace up from school and give him his cookie cake, probably have dinner with them.

Then Paul and I are going to have a nice dinner somewhere Saturday and see the movie A Winters Tale. He loves Colin Farrell. It's a fairy tale love story so it's the perfect Valentine's movie date...a day late.

I'm hoping the AC will be installed today because I can't be here after 3:00 tomorrow.

Need to let Jody go, sweep the entry way, fold a load of towels and head out to Kroger. Hope everyone has a great weekend, be safe.

Good Morning! Supposed to be almost 80 here today. I have been watching places I know have big patches of bluebonnets and am starting to see the plants coming up! Hopefully we will have spring in a few weeks!

Yesterday turned out to be so busy. Got our income tax refund so went and paid the property taxes, bought groceries, got propane and got a haircut! by the time I finished with that and got the groceries put up, it was time to go to my Church Women's meeting. Had to leave there a few minutes early to go get the girls for rugby practice. Finally made it home about 9:30!

Hubby got me a box of chocolates and a azalea for Valentine's Day. Now to figure out where to plant the azalea!

Off to do some laundry and clean up the kitchen.

Happy Valentine's Day Mz. What color is your azalea plant?

I cannot wait for the blue bonnets. Every year there's the hope we'll take that drive to see them. We talk about it but never actually get around to doin it.

Loving this weather, I have the windows open. All the kids are coming tonight. Was going to cook but thought why add to what I already have planned to get done, so we're ordering from the local pizza place. I'll eat healthy tomorrow. Lol

Finished dipping strawberries and frosting cupcakes. I just have to frost and decorate the cookie cakes and shower.

Paul got me 2 dozen pink and white roses. He remembered pink are my favorite but they only had a doz. left. That's ok though I love the mix. I'll post a pic later.

Wish there was a way to do it with the phone app.

Need to get back to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

It is a nice warm day outside. Got home and raked up some more leaves then started my plants in their little greenhouse. I want them to be ready (tomatoes, basil, bell peppers, and chives) to go into the ground in April and live.

Mz - The bluebonnets are growing like crazy in my front yard. They seeded very well last year so I'm going to have a bunch more this year. I noticed they started growing in December and weren't fazed by the cold/snow. They are above the grass line now and will hopefully bloom next month. I can't wait.

QH - I had my doors open (can't do the windows) to air out the house. At least the heater is getting a break. I bet my gas bill will be over $100 this month.

I've been busy with homework and school. Bindi gets a bath tomorrow since it will be pretty warm and I use the hose. She is very dirty as it's been a few months since her last bath.

My azalea is pink. Not sure where I am going to plant it outside yet but I will find a good place for it!

QH, I love roses of any color. Sounds like your kids made out like bandits with the cupcakes, strawberries and cookie cakes!

We need to start thinking about giving dogs baths also. We do ours in the bath tub. Getting the mastiff in the tub is a two person job! Fortunately, once in he stands really well. GD does the bottom of him while I do his back and head. Course we all get a bath when we do him!

I need to get my watermelons started also. Need to pick up some potting soil to start them in. I have some black diamond watermelon heritage seeds.

Peppy, I have seen the bluebonnets blooming in the snow when we got a late snow one year. It was so pretty!

Peppy I have 3 dogs that need baths so just head south when you're done with Bindi.

Starting seeds is fun. Used to help my dad start his veggies. He had shelving with lights rigged up in the spare room. He was a master Gardner without the credentials. None of it rubbed off on me.

Mz I would love to see bluebonnets in the snow. Pink are my favorite azaleas.

Little while ago, truck drove in the driveway. We thought it was Troy picking Trace up.

I was making breakfast so Paul went out. Guess who it was?

A Government Census worker to make **** sure I complied with that stupid consumer census! Haha

Feel a teeny weenie bit guilty Paul got stuck doing it and not me but he just likes to talk and loves an audience. They're done with the census now and are talking about the Navy.

My boy just left with his dad. I'm sad to see him go. I told him there's just not enough of him to go around now, everybody wants a piece of him.

I'm heading in to take a shower, on to dinner and a movie.