PeppySue

Texas People #6

Equi, that stinks that Chopper lost his babies.

Chocolate covered Twinkies, really? I don't dare mention that to him.

Equi - Bindi babies her toys too. Hers are the stuffless animal ones and she grooms them until they are soaked. She also has one of my socks that every time I throw away magically appears in our bed.

Been busy today with the nice weather. Got groceries this morning and then spent the afternoon getting my garden beds ready for spring. The snow peas are still producing like crazy and the spaghetti squash surprises are doing well. I even have a bluebonnet growing with them.

I have been loving this spring weather. Too bad it's going to end.

Peppy, how hilarious that Bindi gives her babies a bath. I've never had a dog preserve their toys like that.

I just had the weirdest experience on FB.

I follow a group called #thewaitinglist.com. The group promotes organ donation. Currently, they're featuring stories from donor families.

We've been struggling lately to find the right words to put in a letter to Pauls donor family.

I was discussing this with a group on FB. Then a woman commented that had donated her daughter's organs to 7 people. She gave me great insight as to what the donors family needs to hear from recipients.

I thanked her for her comments because it had given me such insight. Then I had an over whelming urge to go to her FB page. I rarely do that because it feels stalkerish.

She is from Hilmar Ca. Right next door to where my nieces live. I noted that fact and scrolled down and see where she tagged my niece Erin in a post about Jessica's House.

My niece is the founder and director of Jessica's house in Turlock, it's a grief counseling center for children who have been affected by suicide.

To say I was speechless is an understatement! I pm'd her about the connection.

I hope I hear back from her.

I've had things like that happen. Someone on COTH pm'ed me asking if we had two dogs named Bob and Sam - turns out she was the one who rescued them and gave them to my employers to become the farm's guardians. She so enjoyed hearing how they were doing.

What a crazy weekend! First the weather is hot. We will pay for this nice weather in July, August and September!

Went to feed Saturday afternoon and was short one goat. Went looking for her and found her tangled in a bamboo stalk and down. Breakaway collar didn't break like it was supposed to! Got her up and she seemed ok after a few minutes, eating, drinking and walking around. Got up about 1:30 to go to the bathroom and could hear a distressed goat bleating so got dressed and went out to see what it was. She was down again. Got GS to bring her up to the house and started looking on line and for the vet book. Before we could find anything, it was too late!

Sunday was my day to go get the bread from HEB. We didn't get much bread but we got 6 cases of meat!

Monday we went to Houston so hubby could fix the light in his mom's garage. Had a real nice visit with them!

Guess it is time to get dressed and get the laundry started!

Mz, sorry about your goat, poor thing, I wonder what happened? Probably something you'll never know. You're just a state away from me, but, the weather is like night and day! I could go for a few summer-like days!

Have a great day, all!

Oh no Mz, I'm so sad you lost her. That panic you feel is just horrible when one doesn't come up to eat.

Had it happen with 3 of our horses. We have grape vines around the pond they got tangled in. Only way to free them was a saw or big bolt cutters. Some of the vines were an inch thick. None of them struggled, they just stood waiting for Mom to come to their rescue.

Oh Mz, how did the meeting go with HEB on Friday?

Equi, I hope you're feeling better.

Weather can be crazy. Texas being as big as it is...it can be sleeting in Dallas and we can be in shirt sleeves before it gets to us.

I'm thinking real hard about going back to bed today because of my allergies. Didn't get a wink of sleep cuz I couldn't breathe through my nose. Poor Paul, I must have been snoring my head off.

Amanda leaves for her Managers Conf. early on Thursday. We're going to try and have lunch with her tomorrow.

Please keep her in your prayers, she has had crippling anxiety before about flying and turned down opportunities with her company's when she was in charge of opening new stores for O'Reilly. If she couldn't drive there, she couldn't do it. I hope she can do this. At least she'll be among all her friends on the plane that know about her fear. OY

Gracie's got the right idea, think I will go nap with her for a bit and hope I feel better when I wake up.

It could have been something as simple as shock - she was an older doe, and had already suffered one very bad injury in her life. You can wrap a goat in bubble wrap and it will chew off the plastic and choke to death.

QH, the meeting with HEB got postponed till this Thursday. They were open today so I restocked everything this afternoon, made sure all the cans were facing right and that there were no non-HEB cans in sight. I am not worried, I think they just want to be sure we are a legitimate food pantry.

This weather is driving my allergies nuts! Hot one day, cool the next. Not sure what is blowing around. I keep telling myself that I really don't need to breathe!

QH, the meeting with HEB got postponed till this Thursday. They were open today so I restocked everything this afternoon, made sure all the cans were facing right and that there were no non-HEB cans in sight. I am not worried, I think they just want to be sure we are a legitimate food pantry.

This weather is driving my allergies nuts! Hot one day, cool the next. Not sure what is blowing around. I keep telling myself that I really don't need to breathe!

MzRat, Again got to admire all the work you do with food pantry, along with all the hoops you have to jump to keep it in operation. But I'm a bit amused about the hot weather you are having. it is 22 degrees here & there is 6-8 inches of snow in my driveway. That is where I'll spend my morning tomorrow, cleaning it all out. I know you don't like snow, but I thought just sharing this with you might cool things off for you, I hope it works. Best Wishes. PD

Thank you, PD. I have enjoyed the weather also but it is way too early to be spring! Spring now we will pay for in July August and September with really high temps. We will also have a really bad bug problem all summer. While I am not a fan of snow and cold, we do need some!

QH, did Amanda get on the plane?

PD, I admit I haven't had that much experience with snow, but I love it. I'm quite sure if I had to shovel and drive in it, it would be a mixed blessing.

Only time I've experienced a lot of snow was back on Feb. 12th, 1960 Houston got 6". It was an amazing experience for us kids but my Mom not so much. She was 9 mo. pregnant with my little brother who was born on Feb.15th.

Mom was convinced she went into labor because of all the work associated with the snow and the endless cycle of bundling us up and go out to play...then undressing us when we'd get cold and come in to warm up.

Paul and I woke up to snow when we were staying in Grand Canyon. What a magical time, never forget it.

Mz, I'm certain you'll get the food bank approval.

Amanda leaves in the morning. Talked to her last night and she said she's not anxious at all to fly.

When will this cedar pollen end? Pretty sure it's the worse it's ever been.

Thankfully I feel a little better today but I still need to take one of Paul's Zyrtec.

Edited by QH_LUV_R

QH,

Snow is loved by the skiers & snowmobilers, & tolerated by the rest of us, a good snow cover keeps the frost from going to deep, so it has it's natural benefits. We got less than I thought, only about 5-6 inches, but the wind is picking up & it is drifting a bit. Got my snow & two of the neighbors cleaned out for now, can honesty say I didn't shovel any, but did use a broom to clean off car & truck. Neighbor are good to me, so we do alot of things for one another & no money is ever exchanged.

MzRat, My wife informed this morning of all the people she knew that were some where down south away from cold & snow, at breakfast, & along with informing me & I'm stuck here. Unfortunately she is stuck with me, but at least she was inside for the 2 hours that I spent on open air tractor at 23 degrees cleaning out snow. PD

PD I'm convinced all that cold makes you Northern folks a hardy bunch.

Not sure what our heat, drought and venomous varmints make us here in the South...ornery I guess lol

I bet your sweet wife had something hot waiting for you when you got done, to warm you up.

Well, our daughter got to St. Louis safe...but not so sound. Didn't panic in the air but did at some point before or after. She said she will not be flying home. Boo, I hate this for her.

She used to co-drive a truck long distance with her first husband, so I'm not doubting her abilities. However, in this scary world, I'd appreciate her not driving alone in winter conditions.

Paul is off having new brakes put on my car. So nice he can do that for me. Last week, he had my tires done and was gone most of the day. I resisted the urge to call and check on him. When he got home I asked him why he'd been gone so long and he said it's a surprise. And he left me hanging.

The next time I drove my car, I realized he had gotten the window tinting replaced on the two front windows. Glory hallelujah! Both sides had peeled up, I had been cutting the loose stuff off to get rid of the ugliness and crackling noise it made when the window was rolled up and down. It truly is the little things you find joy in.

Guess I had best get some house work done. Hope ya'll have a blessed day.

QH,

I don't know if we are hardier, my wife would say we are just crazier!! We all have to find where are most comfortable. & there is no perfect place just what we accept & get used to. My wife sets a good table, & I carry the proof on my stomach. PD

Crazier, definitely crazier.... You'd have to be, wouldn't you? The drawback being cold/snow, the upside, peace and quiet....no traffic, noisy neighbors, etc...

Think you have it right about the ornery, QH.

The meeting with HEB went very well. They were impressed with the pantry. We will still be getting bread and things from them. They will be giving us a scale to weigh the donations we get from them, thermal blankets to wrap the meat in while we transport it as well as gift cards for $1,000! Since we have one freezer that is a little iffy, they said let them know when we have to replace it and they would see what they could do to help. We were thrilled with their visit and how well it went. They understood why we chose to not be part of the Capital Area Food Bank. :yay: :yay:

Mz, that is the most awesome news!

We need a new freezer. It sits next to the water system on our back porch. When Paul was so ill, he'd be careless replacing the salt, getting it on the freezer lid, and now it's all corroded.

That will be a huge job when we have to empty it.

It's going to cost Amanda $400 just to rent the car, plus fuel. She tried to find a VW Jetta which is what she drives, the fuel would cost her just $60. But they don't have any. I guess her return trip is still undecided.

I can't say I blame her for having anxiety about flying, they flew a puddle jumper all the way to St. Louis! Seriously...no wonder she was freaked out. I now suspect her panic attack happened when she saw the plane!

Paul is getting my back brakes done this morning and we are going to the movies later to see Hail Ceaser then meet Trace and Doug for some hot wings this evening.

I must go, Gracie must need some 1on1 time, she keeps laying across my IPad and biting my hands.

QH - Hopefully Amanda gets back without too much anxiety. I actually prefer the puddle jumpers as they are small and there is not as many people in them. I mostly flew on the airbuses to SLC the last few years. I took whatever was cheapest and straight through.

Mz - That is great news about the pantry. It is nice to hear how generous HEB is to Texas communities.

Doesn't look like snow is in our forecast this year. Bindi's allergies act up when the weather changes. At least her hair is mostly grown back from the fall. Not much else is happening. I've been working on my prospectus and staying busy at work. I'm ready for the weekend.

WOW! What a storm last night! Thunder, lightening and rain. I expected today to be cloudy and gloomy but the sun is shinning and it is reasonably warm! Will check the rain gauge when I go out to the store.

Good morning.

Peppy, remind me why Bindi has skin issues. Penny usually gets relief in winter but the fleas are still so bad. We've got to find a lawn treatment.

Doug is on his way to pick her up this morning. They're going to spend the night in SL and head home early in the morning.

Just talked to Trace. We were going to go over and spend some time with him, take him to dinner but he's got a cold so we need to decide to postpone or put a mask on Paul.

I need a good hair brush for Gracie good gravy that girl is shedding like crazy!

Need to drag the vac out and get rid of it.

Ya'll have a great weekend, be safe.

WOW! What a storm last night! Thunder, lightening and rain. I expected today to be cloudy and gloomy but the sun is shinning and it is reasonably warm! Will check the rain gauge when I go out to the store.

Say what?!! We didn't get a storm that I know of. Lots of fog though.

We got that storm last night. Not sure what time as I didn't open my eyes. Actually had a small amount of rain in the rain gauge today. My mom said it passed through Willis about 4 am. Can't believe it missed you QH.

Bindi has always been super sensitive to fleas QH. One flea and she has whelps and a spreading rash with boils. Last fall the rash turned into a skin infection. I had just run out of Gentaspray (it's not on the market anymore) and by the time I got her to the vet she had lost a lot of hair. We have a lot of cats that run loose in the neighborhood so I am sure they carry fleas with them even though Bindi is protected. In the few minutes it takes the flea to die on Bindi, the damage is done. There haven't been any fleas this winter and I'm wondering if it is the new pill treatment I put Bindi on a few months ago. Will see come spring.

That's right Peppy, Same problem with Penny her allergy is not so severe.

It was perfectly dry when I went out yesterday morning except for the light frost. No standing water, walks were dry. Weird but not unusual.

I know you've told me before, what Pill do you use on her? Gracie is on Revolution. Seems to work well. It's fairly new, takes care of ear mites too. Question is, would it work longer for Penny.

Big disappointment that we decided not to see Trace yesterday as he's got a cold or maybe allergies.

But we're going in a little bit, Paul is going to wear a mask. I want to hear all about her conference, so we can be there when they get home.

Need to get ready.

Good morning. I am loving this weather!

Everyone must be busy, hope you're all having fun.

Some recent pics of my baby.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/grimmtx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2227_zpseldfu4pj.jpg

I was cooking breakfast. Paul said look at her, she hasn't taken her eyes off you.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/grimmtx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4120_zpsihxu4n9g.jpg

Edited by QH_LUV_R

QH,

Neat pictures of your dog, but I like the one best of her sitting on Paul's lap, as it is good to see picture of him sitting in a chair, & not in hospital bed. Best Wishes. PD

QH,

Neat pictures of your dog, but I like the one best of her sitting on Paul's lap, as it is good to see picture of him sitting in a chair, & not in hospital bed. Best Wishes. PD

Yes, me too!!! Thank you PD. We marvel almost daily at how awful his life was and what he has achieved in a few short months.

The other day, he was going through his phone and deleting all the pics I took of him in hospital. Asked him why. He said he couldn't stand to relive those times. It's painful for me to look at them, but I do, to appreciate how far he's come.

We're getting excited about our Wisconsin road trip this summer. I think we'll go up through Tennessee just to change it up, done the old drive many times, time for new scenery.

Plumber came out Monday and fixed my leaky faucet no charge. Simple fix, a tiny screw in both of the copper fittings had backed out a little. He thinks because the parts had been on the truck for a while, the screws had rattled loose. I'm just so happy they work perfectly now.

I love my new car satellite radio. Don't know why I balked at letting him do that for me, guess I'm too frugal for my own good sometimes.

Satellite radio is the best! Except for when I'm in my husband's truck and, he's listening to talk radio..... I don't mess with his stations and, he doesn't mess with mine.....which is usually tuned to the 60's or 70's.

QH, your pup is adorable, I like the pic of her on Paul's lap, too. How good it must feel to be planning a road trip, after all you've been through.

We are finally getting the one bathroom finished, we put in the new shower last may, just now doing the floor and, going Saturday to shop for a new vanity. We don't do things very fast, but, we get to them eventually.

Have a great day, all.

Satellite radio is the best! Except for when I'm in my husband's truck and, he's listening to talk radio..... I don't mess with his stations and, he doesn't mess with mine.....which is usually tuned to the 60's or 70's.

Lol we have the exact same deal, if you drive my car...please don't reset my stations! I hate talk radio too, Omg, just shoot me now!

I set my stations first, then out of the goodness of my heart, I set six stations for him.

Equi, Home Depot has a huge selection of high quality vanities online. Didn't see one I liked in stock but found two online along with the counters and had them delivered to the store for pickup. Wish I could remember the maker.

Haha....yeah, I gave him rock bar and Ozzy's boneyard. I do like some of it, but, I don't much like hard Rock, not the new stuff, anyway, stuff from the 70's I can handle. We both like the Tom Petty channel and, classic vinyl and, classic rewind.

I was looking online at vanities from Lowe's, they have some really nice ones, I don't want just plain, I want something a little more ornate, not overly so, though. I'll probably end up custom ordering, unless I find one ready made. I'm thinking, go across the border into Arizona, to the Lowe's in Show Low, it's just slightly farther than ABQ and, I get to go somewhere different for a change.