Sign in to follow this  
Norcalracer88

What Would You Pay?

For a Missouri Foxtrotter?

I'm lighty considering selling my colt. I don't HAVE to sell him, but if I had to sell one of my three it would be him. So I'm just trying to figure out what kind of price would be reasonable for him.

Here is his info...

Registered 2013 Missouri Foxtrotter stud colt.

Sorrel sabino, with a flaxen mane and tail, one blue eye, loads, ties, clips, ponies, baths, loves people, loves other horses, especially love kids, great for vet and farrier he gets trimmed with a grinder, not spooky, goes over tarps, bridges, huge tractor tires, great when being ponied on the trail, has GOLD papers(which means he is DNA typed and parentage verified) outstanding conformation, first to leave his food and great you out in the herd, perfect in a stall, acts like a gentleman around mares(probably cause he has no idea what to do with them yet) no health or soundness issues.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

His pedigree...

www.allbreedpedigree.com/mtr+fetch+my+guns

And photos...

Day I got him

IMAG4898_zpsa1dcbd64.jpg

With my 6yo gelding seven

IMAG5066_zps96cc2834.jpg

Being ponied

IMAG0344-1_zps1f5c1ed7.jpg

Gunner now

IMAG6538_zps4f04b5f7.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Norcalracer88

I'm paying 1200$, but mine is an 11yo with most his training done (I say most even though he was sold to me as solid broke because he is buddy sour and threw me. So we will be finding a trainer to work with) but he is great on the ground, not difficult to catch (does about two circles then gives up) and even though he has holes to fill, I don't regret buying him. But he isn't a 1200$ horse. Maybe 900$. For your baby? I would pay 900$ to 1100$ because I can make sure his training is done right and he has good ground manners and seems sweet. But my market is also way down and colts are a dime a dozen here.

I think price has to do with both region, quality, & demand, but looking at your MFT, he should be bring an above average price. Here in the MN. WI. area I've seen them listed on craigslist from $750.00 to $7500.00. Again you have a nice looking colt that will standout in any crowd, so don't let him go cheap. Best Wishes. PD

Thanks guys. I really don't want to sell him, but it's nice to know he would be worth a good asking price. I have my ultimate dream herd right now. I have my 6yo paint I run barrels on, I have my mustang that I'm training for a future gaming and trail, then I have Gunner my gaited boy. If I don't have to sell him I won't, but if I did eventually HAVR

Thanks guys. I really don't want to sell him, but it's nice to know he would be worth a good asking price. I have my ultimate dream herd right now. I have my 6yo paint I run barrels on, I have my mustang that I'm training for a future gaming and trail, then I have Gunner my gaited boy. If I don't have to sell him I won't, but if I did eventually HAVE to sell him I would to ensure he was happy.

Edited by Norcalracer88

I went on five Horses For Sale sites in CA there were four yearling Foxtrotters that ranged in price from $1,200 for a grey, $1,800 for a black and white pinto and $4,500 each for two palominos. All of them had good bloodlines. On average, a pinto will bring $500-$1k more than a solid colored horse and a palomino will bring 1-2 thousand more than any other color.