Sign in to follow this  
whitneyhoku

Broke Collar Bone Update

Well, I start back working Thursday! As a waitress. I've been hosting on and off for the last few weeks to keep some income coming in. I haven't seen my horse since the accident and the barn owner and I are coming to a few disagreements. But he is being taken care of and I can't ask for much more then that. I'll post a picture of my X-rat from yesterday later. I have full function of my arm, no hiccups or kinks. It just needs to get a little more solid before doctor fully releases me. I went to Florida the last two weeks to help my grandma and visit my grandpa who is in icu. He is doing better and should be in rehab next week. My animals are all super happy I'm back and I'm just getting back into work, school, cleaning and everything else living on your own at 18 consists of.

I want to thank everyone for the best wishes and an even bigger thank you to those that went above and beyond to send me little gifts. You guys are great and I hope one day I'm in a position to pay it forward again. <3

There's one of the great things about youth: You heal quickly! I'm sure it didn't seem fast to you though, Hoku.

The horse will wait till you are 100%, and then you may want to consider starting from the ground up with his training to refresh it and to fill in any holes. I know you said you'd be seeking professional help, and that's a wise decision.

Both of the horses I’ve owned started with me as green youngsters with extra issues – basically, project horses. I had good help with both of them, but did the actual work myself. The first one became one heck of a good boy, and I probably loved him all the more because he started out so difficult. The current one has taken plenty of patience, but I’m really enjoying the journey with him. So, it all depends on what you want out of your horse-owning experience.

But please do whatever you need to stay safe. If your horse is basically a good horse with issues, as mine have been, he’s worth the effort. However, if you ever feel he’s out of control, then he may be someone else’s dream horse.

Glad you’re up and about. Good luck with everything!

Mestengo

He is definitely a good horse. That's the only issue I've seen so far, and yes because it did become dangerous we will seek professional help. I'm willing to put the effort in, though, for sure. I just want a safe and willing partner.

It felt like an eternity waiting for it to heal! I was so cranky haha.

Thank you again. Let me grab the X-ray :)

Great news, Hoku, about you and, your Grandfather!

If a horse I was going to buy, caused me to be injured to that degree, I'm afraid I wouldn't be getting back on, much less, buying him!

You're much braver than I, Hoku!

I figure I'm young, I have time, and I'm willing to put the effort in. Yes, it's costing me more then it should (especially once you add in the trainer fees) but hey, live and learn.

Now I say I'll get right back on him, but we will see when I get out there. I've been thrown and injured before, and got right back on the horse as soon as doctor allowed. So I don't think I'll hesitate this time. Nothing will stop this undying love for this lovely (and hectic/stressful) animal, haha.

Hey, I know the feeling...only my love for the animal didn't get me right back on, no matter how hard I tried.

Good luck to you!