Sign in to follow this  
Smilie

Ya Ha Tinda Area With Pics

Hi

I often mention riding in the Ya Ha Tinda area, so thought I would post a few links

It is a unique area of natural grasslands, nestled between mountains, and has along history

The Ya Ha Tinda ranch itself is government owned, and was used for many years to raise the horses used by the Park Rangers

http://johnbrendasincredibleadventure.blogspot.ca/2008/10/yaha-tinda.html

What an incredible place to ride!

All of my favorite things in one place!

We went camping near Lake Louise when I was little.

How far away is Ya Ha Tinda from there?

:yay:

Thank you for sharing!

What an incredible place to ride!

All of my favorite things in one place!

We went camping near Lake Louise when I was little.

How far away is Ya Ha Tinda from there?

:yay:

Thank you for sharing!

The Ya Ha is a pack trip away from Lake Louise.. We did a pack trip from the Ya We did a pack trip from the Ya Ha to lake Louise one year, with Fellow Appaloosa club members.

The Ya Ya is outside of Banff National Park boarder, so you get into the Part by the first day or less, depending when the group gets all ready to go, and how many pack horses buck of their load, requiring re packing!

One of our friends in particular, likes traveling with comforts, so we have to pack a tiger touch, BQQ, lots of Pepsi for his Crown Royal, eggs, ect packed in shavings. His pack horse also usually is in 'need of more experience, ie-just learning!

The old story of the cobber';s children going without shoes, as he had hundreds of horses, running a PMU operation, but few broke horses!

When you ride in the National Park, you have to submit your plan, and are then given destinations where you should camp each night > I think we seldom complied! Hubby and this friend were the only ones that really knew how to [pack, thus packed all of the pack horses, and after a leisurely breakfast. Then the one pack horse would buck his pack off, esp at one Ranger station, where that Ranger had a pet yearling moose, that followed her like a dog, when we rode up!

Thus, we used a week for that round trip, but imagine it could be made in less!

A few pics from that trip

packing2.jpg

packingone.jpg

PetMoose_zps009a1fdf.jpg

ParkParktrip_zpsf505f224.jpg

Edited by Smilie