R0EN

I Have A Confession

Some of those who were banned, were victims of Nikki's spite and nothing more.

She picked and chose her favorites and did nothing but torment those she didn't like.

I thought maybe, with her gone, some who left would come back.

I have also been to another horse board, I've seen Bumper and Manes and Tails, they seem very Happy over there.

I used to spend hours on hc, it was hard to keep up with all the new threads that were popping up.

Now, I check in once in a while to see if there's anything new.

I liked it better here when all the rules applied to everyone. Now, a lot of the rules aren't enforced any more, and those that are seem to be only for some people. And no, I have not been on the bad end of any rules. But I DO see what goes on here. I have this thing about fair play.

blondyy has been suspended several times. But only banned once. And as far as I know...... she is still gone.

Not. Check the IP on the new "SAMMY"

It's freakishly easy to get past a ban on a forum, but most people won't bother of course. Unless they have this unending need for attention. :)

:)

I sure would love to see this place lively again. I was pretty active for a good while, but my taste was soured by Nikki as well, and I faded out quite a bit.

Honestly I am a little surprised anyone CARES enough to be the internet police and make sure those that are banned stay banned (or whatever). I don't know, maybe I just haven't been the target of Blondy's attacks, but it just feels kind of ridiculous. We're all adults, right? Then again, I didn't see the thread where it all went down, so who knows.

Yep, easy not to care when you aren't having to deal with it, isn't it?

I have to say, there were several times I just wanted to unleash on her... I think I actually might have a time or two.

Blondy always claimed she wasn't attacking, but just being honest, she had no tact.

The only way to escape her barbs,was to never disagree with her.

And, that's the last I'll ever say about her.... This was more than she deserves.

The solution to a slow and dead board is simple. Start posting. If just a couple of the many who've mentioned how they don't visit or spend time here just posted something things may start to turn around.

Ever the optimist....

I'm with some of the others who used to come here all the time, but have drifted away. Mainly FB, as many of the people who I care to keep up with are on there. Like Serah Rose, though, I do have a soft spot for HC. It's where I first met many people who I consider great friends now.

The solution to a slow and dead board is simple. Start posting. If just a couple of the many who've mentioned how they don't visit or spend time here just posted something things may start to turn around.

Ever the optimist....

Yes, this is kind of a solution, except knowing many of the long term people who have posted that (myself included, actually), several were the types to keep a thread going, not the ones actually starting new ones. Meaning, they were/are responders, but not much in the way of thread starters. That's part of my problem, at least. *shrugs*

Ok, so now we all know what is wrong, and also at least part of the solution.

Lets put some topics up. I just came in, but will try to dredge up something of interest

Since my interest is mainly between the hoof, training and general horse board, I'll try to start something there

I'm trying to post more but I go in fits and spurts and will get quiet when things pickup at work.

Id love to know the board where all the old members went! Can someone pm me it? Coth? Just the other day I wanted to ask buddyroo which bones she used for Giais cause I remember he as an avid chewer like my dog. I've been here close to14 years, but never have posted much.

I see BuddyRoo on COTH quite often.

I know there were a handful of private forums made in the last couple of years for "refugees" from the ban hammer and just for little groups of folks looking for a place that is moderated a little differently.

Id love to know the board where all the old members went! Can someone pm me it? Coth? Just the other day I wanted to ask buddyroo which bones she used for Giais cause I remember he as an avid chewer like my dog. I've been here close to14 years, but never have posted much.

Have you tried antlers as dog chews? My dog chews through everything in no time at all. I cringed buying one, as they are pricy, but it's ended up being cheap as it's lasted 6 months.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24157

Woah I missed a lot! I didn't know Blondy was banned. Man, I'm sorry I missed the action.

After checking out COTH it doesn't look as visually appealing as this place either. Not as clean looking as HC, which is something I've always liked about it.

Let's all stay here though! :) I agree with everyone else. Back when I was on HC years and years and years ago it was so ridiculously busy I couldn't keep up. It has gotten pretty slow.

Edited by MiSSxZURi

except for when the spammers show up. it's astonishing what gets censored in the average posters' text compared to the (at times) hard core **** that sneaks through from spammers. and how fast.

when nikki showed up HC admin's priorities seemed to change JMO, and that shadowed the overall atmosphere here. like i said, just my opinion.