Sign in to follow this  
MiSSxZURi

Can Someone Tell Me What Kind Of Cat I Have?

ErMehGerdh! Hahahahah! The litter I was talking about was born in 1971 and I don't have any photos of them. I'm not even sure if my Mom has pictures of them. I will try and find some examples on Google when I'm at work tonight.

I'll have to try tomorrow night. We were so slammed at work, from the moment I got there (1:30pm) to closing at 8pm and I *still* didn't get the last 20 books shelved. Short-staffed with someone on vacation and Mondays are super-busy with the book delivery compiled of Fri/Sat and part of Sunday's hold requests.

Here's an odd one for ya. Meet Mouse, aka Rat Cat. He is 100% barn cat, his momma was a long hair calico. He is steel grey, no tabby markings or anything else. He has a very refined head.

post-5005-0-87082700-1407205551_thumb.jpg

Here is a good shot of his head, notice the tongue sticking out? He does that a lot. He went up a ladder and couldn't figure out how to get down. post-5005-0-63046500-1407205854_thumb.jpg

I do work at a public library and I love my job. I enjoy helping people find what they need, either online or in books.

Your Mouse is beautiful and I love kitties with those refined, wedge heads. He reminds me of our Silver-Mousie (1994-2005), who was a gray tuxedo. She had two brothers; a black/white tuxedo and a tabby/white.

Your Mouse's mom; long-hair calico. I'm going to assume she was full colored and possibly had white markings?

She carried both black and red genes, had a homozygous pair of recessive long-hair genes since she was long-haired and was heterozygous (if she was full-colored) for dilute (properly called "dense" but I am influenced by equine terminology). She may have showed the tabby pattern in her red fur, but if the pattern didn't express in her black fur then she did not have agouti. She obviously had to pass one of her long-hair genes to Mouse but since he didn't get a matching gene from his sire he is short-haired. His sire also didn't give him an agouti gene but he did give him a dilute gene to make him gray instead of black. Since Mouse has no white (and if his mom did) his mom was heterozygous for white spotting and either his sire had no white spotting or was also heterozygous and Mouse didn't get a white spotting gene from either parent and has no white markings.