Sign in to follow this  
draftiemama

Hc Revisited

A post on FB about HC made me want to return to my internet roots. This was the first place I felt "at home" when it came to the internet. It has been so long since I was here, much has changed in the past few years.

The biggest thing that happened is recently Mark (D'papa) passed away. It's been an adjustment to say the least.

For horses I still have Miss Bonnie, Tommy Toy Boy and Diego the donkey. A few weeks ago I gave Bravo (the black quarter horse) to a lady down the street from me. This was meant to be as they have bonded like I've never seen a horse and human bond before. Sampson (the big belgian) was sold years ago.

And Floyd died - that quirky, photogenic turkey lived long, happy and free here. I almost bought another tom turkey last week at a local farmers market but i'm trying to simplify life.

I have five dogs, 4 cats, down to one goat, one macaw, two peacocks and two peahens.

Oh yeah and my hair is almost completely gray WTH!

I have met some of my dearest friends on HC and am so grateful for this forum.

So has anyone else returned?

(I hope someone remembers me)

We must have seen the same FB post. This is the first time I've been back in years and I wouldn't have logged in if I hadn't seen this topic. I have met sooooo many real life friends here and I do try "remember our roots" and that it all started with Horse City. (well, actually there was one horse board before that for me where I still talk to many of the folks today) We were all so close back in the day.

I kind of miss it... but I remember how it was when I left and don't regret my choice. It was probably a sign to move on.

VERY happy to see most of you on FB these days though. I can still get my "horse talk" fix.

<3 U Draftie!

Edited by mrs

Hi mrs! I STILL owe you thanks, and I've still got him!

Awesome. He is a pretty awesome horse. I hope all is well with you Oz. I think of you frequently. Especially when I was trying to help Julie out with her mares.

So many amazing people on this thread. Thank goodness for Facebook or I would have missed you guys even more!

Draftie Mama!

Its been so long! Husband and I purchased a little farm north of Nashville, TN in April and have been slowly getting things ready for my horses. Horses should be coming up in a month or so!!!! I have ventured into a couple home dairy goats as well as a small flock of laying hens. We love our little place in the country! We also have been working on getting my parents to up and they have officially started looking at houses up here!

Ohhh, the trouble we all caused around here years ago, eh? Great to see you all!

Draftiemama, sorry to hear about DPapa, many hugs to you!

Welcome home, draftiemama! Like the others, I am sorry for the loss of draftiepapa.

I have to wonder, what in the world is this mystery FB post? I know I see a lot of HC board buddies around FB but can't always put the right HC moniker to the right name.

I am a regular on FB, not as regular here on HC. I do miss the old, active days, but there are still some great people here both old and new.

Edited by Greenhaven

For some reason I decided to check HC and see if any of us old farts were around. So glad you started this post Draftie.

Sorry about everyones loses, be it husbands, horses or turkey.

I remember when we had so much fun sending Redman and the big green ring around. I miss things like that.

I don't know anyones FB names so I can't check up on them.

I loved the secret santas we had and miss them. They were so much fun.

So hello everyone - I hope some of you remember me.

It has really been a while since I was on here. :smileywavey: I have thought about HC often. Used to spend hours a day on here, but I think it has been about 4 years since popping on. Since then I have divorced and the kids and I are doing well. I am trying (half heartedly) to sell my 2 Arabians, I don't ever get to ride them anymore because they still live at my ex's because I can't afford boarding and I live in town now.

I work in Portland at a large hotel as a shuttle driver. I love it. I get to meet all kinds of interesting people and hear of their adventures. It is a fun job.

I have missed being part of our community on here and I certainly missed the dancing banana :yay::yay::yay:

Wow! Have we all been gone that long? So glad to see familiar names, sorry for the sad news. I hadn't even lurked for lack of time and the loss of my #1 horse, Possum, and one of my mini donks a month later. Sure missed you guys and gals!

Just happened to sneak in and take a peek around to see if I recognize anyone still here. I didn't know we were having a reunion! Howdy Y'all!