Sign in to follow this  
draftiemama

Hc Revisited

A post on FB about HC made me want to return to my internet roots. This was the first place I felt "at home" when it came to the internet. It has been so long since I was here, much has changed in the past few years.

The biggest thing that happened is recently Mark (D'papa) passed away. It's been an adjustment to say the least.

For horses I still have Miss Bonnie, Tommy Toy Boy and Diego the donkey. A few weeks ago I gave Bravo (the black quarter horse) to a lady down the street from me. This was meant to be as they have bonded like I've never seen a horse and human bond before. Sampson (the big belgian) was sold years ago.

And Floyd died - that quirky, photogenic turkey lived long, happy and free here. I almost bought another tom turkey last week at a local farmers market but i'm trying to simplify life.

I have five dogs, 4 cats, down to one goat, one macaw, two peacocks and two peahens.

Oh yeah and my hair is almost completely gray WTH!

I have met some of my dearest friends on HC and am so grateful for this forum.

So has anyone else returned?

(I hope someone remembers me)

It's nice to see a familiar name from when I first found this site when it first began. This is not my original sig. (that was plain Majik, I was off so long I couldn;t get back on with it). So sorry to hear of Mark's passing.

I remember photos of Floyd the turkey. Lived a wonderful life for a turkey. I'm with you on the simplifying. I'm still stuck with my five horses though. One I ride, the others are pretty much ornaments, where are they gonna go? I have seven small dogs (four dachshunds) and I'm down to five cats. Would have been two, but a friend left her three with me when she moved, and here they remain.

I don't post on here much, but do stop in frequently to see what's new. It's still a comfortable place to stop in. Guess I'm used to the format. Hope you decide to hang around!

Of course we remember you! Very sorry to hear about Mark. D'Papa and D'Mama updates and adventures were always fun. Thankfully you have those lovely horses to lean onto when needed.

Nice of you to return! Would love to see more "oldies" back!

So sorry to hear about Mark. :(:huggy: :huggy: :huggy: It's good to hear that you are doing OK, and you still have quite a few of the critters. I remember Floyd so well!

I'm still here, but I don't post much anymore. I mostly stop in to read a bit. I still have Rosie and Jedi. Jedi is becoming quite the nice little pony. My grand daughter rides him and I've been on him a few times bareback. I worry that I will be too heavy on him with his current saddle. The saddle doesn't fit him that well but is fine with my grand daughter's light weight.

Hi, I remember you quite well. I've been wondering what happened to some of the old timers ( not referring to age), although... Lol

I check in once in a while, I go in spurts, actually, gone for a few weeks, here for a few.

Sorry about Mark.

I also saw this topic on FB so decided it was time to come back to my roots. I am SO SO sorry to hear about Mark, Draftie! (((hugs))) It's been quite some time since I've been on here. I kinda quit when things started going South on here. Things got ugly and it just wasn't fun anymore. Then I started spending more time on FB and a lot of the people I talked to on here were on there so I didn't seem to miss much but ya know.... I could be wrong. I might be missing out on a lot of new people that could be a lot of fun.

I don't even remember when the last time I was on here was but I still have Shakar, my Arab stallion, Star (my now 31 year old Arab mare), Sleepless (Arab mare), Jake (old man OTTB), Kaz (my pirate Arab gelding), and Hank (my daughter's QH). Then.... let's see...... 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 2 outdoor cats, and 2 parrots. Sheesh.

:smileywavey:

Edited to add: And now I see I need to update my siggy!

Edited by Abadan Arabians

I remember you! And I believe we both lost our fathers around the same time...

Sorry to hear about Mark and Floyd. :(

That post brought me back here too. What a wonderful time that was, so many amazing friends found here so unexpectedly. DM you were my first bud to meet.

I remember you draftie :smileywavey: I drop in once in awhile to see what's going on. It's been really quiet around here since so many left the board several years ago. It's nice to see some of the old members come back.

I've checked in every few months or so, but mostly lurk.

I'm sorry to hear about Mark and Floyd. It may seem wrong to some to refer to them in the same sentence, but the loss is similar. My husband passed away almost 3 years ago after a short illness and shortly after I had to put my little Chin down.

I'm down to one horse, my oldest Arab gelding, still have multiple cats and two dogs.

It's good to see you and the people I knew from days gone by although I don't expect that the boards will ever achieve the popularity and solidarity they once had. IMO, it's partly the remaining distaste for the dictatorial admin that resided here for a while and her one way street manner of handling things and the fact that the net has been changed forever by FB.

It is funny that many of us have gone to just lurking.

I used to be on here every day, and kind of got into using my Jeep more, and camping in more remote stuff, which kept me away from the computer more. ( Is that a good thing??

Maybe).....I do not, and will not use facebook, or twitter, or most any other of the social media stuff. I do not feel comfortable on them, and when my Wife started using Facebook, with in about 2-3 days, we had so much spam, and requests for "friends", we with drew, ( if that is even possible), and even changed our e-mails, sign in names, even our internet provider, to get rid of the awful stuff we had been receiving!!

I miss hearing from the folks in the Dominican Republic, the lady in Bakersfield, and several others on here.

But..I have come to look, lurk, and even as you see, post!!

I remember, when I first joined, I was "different", a big know it all, a bit if a b- itch, I've changed a lot, I hope, because of some of you I met 8 years ago, you've helped me, get over myself, more like, made me.

Here's to all of you, old friends!

:yay::yahoo::yay:Welcome Back!!!! :yay::yahoo::yay:

My condolences on the loss of your beloved D'PAPA and Floyd. :huggy: :huggy:

I'm still here.

I tried FB and within a day, one of my ex-fiancées sent me a "friend" notice. :twitch:

I have a horse and I'm trail riding! :yay:

She is a Foxtrotter from Louisiana and her barn name is Sienna.

She's a red head like me and is the love/bane of my existence.

Her new favorite trick is to stand in her feed trough and beat the jollyball against the side when she decides that it is time to feed her. She went to a friend's barn for a tuneup and got her other nickname "Cajun Queen".

We have an agreement, she is allowed to toss her head at me (her way of saying "f" you) and I get to make her hustle her hooves and sweat.

Edited by dondie

There you are draftie!!!!!!!! And all you other guys I remember... :smileywavey:

I've been following around here (didn't see what FB posted, but gonna check about it!)...just truly lurking around still...

WOW!

I just talked to my youngest sister, and my Dad just passed.

I am in shock!

I was just up in Oregon to visit him 10 days ago, and while he was using his "nitro" a lot, he seemed ok.

He passed in his sleep with his paid caregivers at his side.

I am packing the truck, and heading out for the 15 hour drive in about 20 minutes.

Or,,,,as soon as my adult son, and my Grand Daughter get here.

See ya in about a week after the services, and the burial at Eagle Point Veterans, Eagle Point , Oregon.