Sign in to follow this  
BuddyRooShmancyNShy

Another "hi There" Post.

:smileywavey: Checking in to say hello.

Not too much news here. Living in VA now, still have the mutts and the fatty mc fat fat who isn't fat but is definitely happy at the farm. I spent most of the first year here working at a vet clinic but left to go care for my Gma in WY last Oct when she was very ill. Then spent a few months managing a farm where we sold produce and eggs (quail and chicken) to Whole Foods and DC restaurants. It also was a residential community for people with mental health issues. It was very cool. It was a temporary gig that I kind of did as a favor to a friend til it was time to meet the ol' hubby for R&R. Now I'm back to "early retirement" and volunteer work.

Mr. BuddyRoo has been in Pakistan on an unaccompanied tour since January. We met for our first R&R in Spain and did a Med. cruise. It was pretty neat. Very cool to be back in Italy for a bit and show him places I used to haunt back in the day when I lived there. He should be through in Pakistan in Feb of 2015 and we just got word this week that our next post will be Harare, Zimbabwe (if all goes well). My number one choice! Ebola free, lots of wildlife and I will finally get to do my safari on horseback trip!

This summer, I've been doing a lot of traveling. I started in June heading to Europe to meet DH, then did a few weeks in MI to see the fam, then to Iowa. After that, I headed out to Wyoming with my dad (whom I was estranged from for nearly 20 years) and we did a ten day hiking trip. We did a few day hikes and then one pack in where we covered at least 60 (confirmed via GPS miles) in 4 days in the Wind River Range. Got lots of fishing in. :) Then back to Iowa where I visited with Mom and Gma (moved her to IA) and hung out with my youngest brother who incidentally is getting married next month!

I got back to VA about two weeks ago and started making preparations for my middle brother. He and his wife PCS'd from Germany and he's staying with me while he looks for a house. It's been so nice to have someone to cook for and take care of again. He's getting his masters--your tax dollars at work!

So that's my update. Nice to "see" some familiar faces.

Cheers!

Roo

Hi!! noiced you were back awhile ago. (so happy to see you and hear your update!!) welcome back buddyroo, or as my dog would yodel ""roo, roo, roo!".

Hey Broo! When I saw your name, I had to go up and, check the date, thought maybe it was an old thread.

8 years ago, when I joined,I think you were the first person I had any kind of conversation with.

I sought out your posts, your advice was always so practical, plus, when it came to the medical issues, you knew what you were talking about.

You sticking around for a while?

:smileywavey: :smileywavey: Hi BROO!! :smileywavey: :smileywavey:

Welcome Back!!

:smileywavey: :smileywavey:

It sounds like you are doing a good job filling up the hours between R&R with your DH.

Waiting on the sidelines for someone you love, is a very hard task.

It's great that you have been able to be with your family, travel and work at some interesting jobs.

It is so good to have you back!

A few pics from this year: (well, I'm going to try...not sure if I remember how to do this correctly, I'm on try two now.)

This was the calf at the farm that we pulled...and...well, took into the kitchen. :)

IMG_1386_zps5958087f.jpg

Chey's Bday:

IMG_1612_zps61de364d.jpg

On the cruise:

IMG_0019_zpsb6e0b378.jpg

At the top of the Duomo in Florence:

IMG_0187_zpsb0014dfa.jpg

The pups up in N. MI.

IMG_1716_zps66ed2138.jpg

My ol' BO and me in MI:

IMG_0265_zpsf77b4b27.jpg

At Medicine Bow Peak:

IMG_1862_zps4d2280dc.jpg

Lake Marie in Snowy Range...one of my fave places:

IMG_1901_zpsd83871e7.jpg

Wind River Range day one:

IMG_1992_zps4b6b42e1.jpg

NIce fish! Island Lake, Wind River Range:

IMG_2073_zps52f3f5e4.jpg

Wow Broo...... you're on my Facebook but I guess I still miss a lot!!! LOL Sounds like you're pretty excited about the possibility of his next post! What an interesting one that would be.

I love this pic!

IMG_1386_zps5958087f.jpg

Its like the dog is saying...

"er I saw you pull that thing out of a cows butt! You are not keeping it in the kitchen are you!"

HAHAHA! I've had lots of critters in the kitchen before! Nothing wrong with it!

AD

AD