Sign in to follow this  
karalinacool

What Do You Ride In?

What do you ride in? What kind of saddle and why do you like it? Pictures would be awesome :). Let me see your set up!

I'm a barrel racer and would like to get into some long distance riding but my barrel saddle isn't the most comfortable on long rides for me or my mare.

Thanks!!

post-64212-0-91652800-1410735845_thumb.jpg

All of my saddles are treeless.

Black Forest -

IMG_5121_zps43f662c2.jpg

Bandos -

happytrails2_zps6252320f.jpg

Treeless is really comfortable for me, and works great for Jet (bay in lower photo). The jury is still out on Rocky, who has a different build.

Will get pics later...

I like a full setup... breaststrap, etc, etc... I ride in a custom hand-made gaited endurance saddle... super, super comfy saddle... I also have a circle m trail saddle that is super comfy, too, but use it less that my endurance saddle because it has a horrible squeak that I can't get gone...

This is a Crates light trail saddle. Flex tree, weighs about 25lbs, with full quarter horse bars. Has aluminum stirrups with grooved for grip cushioned bottoms. Was comfortable from the get go, which is saying something, since the saddle it replaced was my cherished Bona Allen with the cadillac ride.

1016121846.jpg

Here is mine. I ride in a Circle Y roping saddle with a breast collar and a nice fluffy cut back pad. I had reins specially made that are a bit heavier weight by a friend. My saddle has a suede padded seat and is super comfy and i can go all day in it. It fits both my horse and I well and has held up good with all the mountain ridding we do. I absolutely love it and wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

This is Keno, he is standing on a bit of a hill.

20140905_101805_zps7c252b27.jpg

Abbeta endurance western saddle with no horn but highly modified. The tree is removed and custom fit to his back, then the saddle is reassembled with many custom modifications

The fenders wore out in 4000 miles thus the heavy duty leather ones. English dressage girth, 22 inches, elastic. many accessories on the saddle as well

I ride over 2000 miles a year in all weather

200xt02.jpg

A Big Horn synthetic 108/109 - with rounded skirts. It's light, about 19 lbs and the rounded skirt fits most horses really well. I got this saddle about 8 years ago, used on Ebay, and it has fit 3 different horses and me for all these years! Looking for a photo to post...

Thanks - I am having trouble getting the link from PB to copy on my posts - thanks for putting this up for me!

Your welcome, was glad to help, and worried you'd be annoyed, but then thought that since you wanted us to see it, go for it. I've had my wars with photobucket too. :mad:

Edited by Indianshuffler

i ride in a balance ride saddle, with back cinch and breast collar, when riding in the mountains

Carmendawn_zpsf4abc1e2.jpg